Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And So All is Chaos!

+13
Lore Weaver
Lord_Commander_Stash
Rhaevyn
dusktiger
Paz
Daemonkin
System Commander
Timbo
Roland
judchic
Aervyper
Planes
Deadlytoaster
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

And So All is Chaos! Empty And So All is Chaos!

Post  Deadlytoaster Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:50 pm

hahah so looking at the gw site and they posted a "teaser" of the new WD on their site but said that you will have to wait till tomorrow to see whats inside.

Well ehm.... http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCatsLarge.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k

So what do you guys think of the new models?

im most excited about the Thousand Sons conversion kit, just makes it a bit easier to get some guys together. And the new codex format? Its great! (however the price does make me cry a little inside every time i see it)
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

And So All is Chaos! Empty Re: And So All is Chaos!

Post  Planes Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 pm

While I don't play Chaos, I do want to build me some Daemon Engines.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:00 pm

I am interested in the codex. I am a fluff junkie so sweet more fluff. The thing that I do not get is the forge fine/maulerfiend, and helldrake. The hand to hand obliterators are a cool concept but the faces are horrible.. I guess I just hope it all makes " sense" in the end. I will love reading the alpha legion, night lords, and iron warriors info the rest MEH....

What I really wanna see is are they going to put out a flakk eretta since,I assume, chaos dex havocs will have access to flakk missiles.
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 pm

still not sure on the daemon engines and dragon. maulers are ok...
love the new raptors and... oh wait is that alll?
i hate to say i'm kinda disappointed that thats all thats coming out. i would love to see plastic cult troops and berserkers are a little dated models wise...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 pm

Major price drop on oblits.

Wtf, finecast havocs???

New battleforce is awful. Like really bad.

The 40k daemon prince goes to finecast, but not the nurgle one.

And now we see the new pricepoint for codexes. Owwwwwwww
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:48 am

Remember 2 years ago when battleforces were $95? Sigh.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:48 am

In hindsight now that I've had some sleep, we shouldn't complain TOO much, Tim. I mean when prices where rising on everything in the late 90's/early 00's, prices stayed the same. That's the way the shitapple falls from the shit tree. Our old assses should know better.
Still, codexes going from $30 to $60 base... Owww:/

Quick review of what I'm seeing (Your milage may vary):

Helldrake: Sweet model. Looks awesome, like a hellblade came to life.

Forgefiend/Maulerfiend: Undecided. I don't hate it, but it doesn't make my weenie go da-doing-doing-DOING either. Am I the only one who thinks they look like armored fiends of slaanesh?

Raptors/Warp Talons: Nice, plastic raptors:) Warp Talons seem meh.

Aspiring Champ: This is a BEAUTIFUL model. I seriously love it, it's detailed, it's full of character, and it's plastic!
And it's $24.
For a squad upgrade.
Ahem. Lord in Power Armor it is.

Warpsmith: Pass.

Dark Apostle: Shocked cheers I wasn't planning on buying ANYTHING from the release, if I change my mind, this is the model that would do it. Word Bearer players must be filling their pants right now. SHWING!!!!
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:57 am

The upgrade kits, while nothing new, really impress me. I have soooo many bolter buddies or random Khorne Berzerkers that I really want to grab a number of these. 25$ for a Sorcerer AAANNNNDD 8 upgrade kits to 1000 sons? 18$ to make 6 Sonic Marines OR 5 Iron Warriors?

I see Myself going at my Apocalypse reserve models with wire cutters REAL soon.

As for actually new things, all the new big things I am not really feeling too keen on, but I am LOVING that Warp Smith and the Dark Apostle.

Once Again I have been impressed by Games Workshop, a very nice change in how I view their company.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:10 am

I am coming around on the dragon, i just keep picturing him in red and gold.

I might do somwthng with the claws.. Not a fan of those and i might actuallyndo something with it coming out the back.. The half torso thing doesnt appeal to me.

I like the forfefiend over the maulers.. But i also think its the rules i like. 8 str 8 shots with a reroll wound once a game and daemon/it will not die rule appeals to me immensely. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Daemonkin Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:49 am

I will admit, I was filled with excitment and trepidation for the codex release, and seeing the price. I felt a part of myself die, cause I know full well I hate the price but will buy it anyways (should just start doing drugs it might be cheaper lol) and as for the new models they look kinda cool but I think I would try to modify the dragon, and as for GW that codex better be worth the price or I am gonna lose my mind (what little there is left of it)
Daemonkin
Daemonkin
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:56 am

Roland wrote:

its already finecast.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1160103a
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:32 pm

I was all geared up to start chaos with the new codex. Looking at the figs tho... Nope. Back to building more daemons.

Rumor is daemons get a new codex next year along with fantasy, plastic greater daemons.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Daemonkin wrote:I will admit, I was filled with excitment and trepidation for the codex release, and seeing the price. I felt a part of myself die, cause I know full well I hate the price but will buy it anyways (should just start doing drugs it might be cheaper lol) and as for the new models they look kinda cool but I think I would try to modify the dragon, and as for GW that codex better be worth the price or I am gonna lose my mind (what little there is left of it)

It is a hardback codex, so knowing that, thats another $12 onto the price. Paperback probably would've been like $45-50
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:08 pm

Almost tempted too get the special edition. Once your over fifty bucks. Whats another twenty? Only 1000 of us suckers out there.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Too bad it sold out today
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:06 pm

I remember getting all 3,d&d 3.5 books for $60 total. And we wore an onion on our belt, and called nickels "bees". 5 bees for a quarter we'd say.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:04 pm

judchic wrote:
Roland wrote:

its already finecast.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1160103a

And that model is horrible, why they redid it and not start from scratch is beyond me.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Because GW is very VERY reluctant to withdraw their own models, finecast just gives them another excuse to keep em around even longer, my poor Eldar Sad (thank God Jetbikes are already plastic and might actually get replaced!)
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:00 am

So the Chaos unit that got the biggest boost in 6th ed, the lesser daemons (along with the greater) are no longer available. That is very disappointing. I can kind of understand it from a theme point of view, but it takes a bit of oomph out of the list and replaces it with...cultists. From what you guys have seen so far (be honest!), does this look like a competitive codex? I understand there is a lot of crap we have yet to see, but so far from a power/balance viewpoint I haven't seen anything that looks like decent value. Mike B. used the word "underwhelmed" earlier and so far I would definitely have to agree. I really hope I'm wrong on this one.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:11 am

Cult units are the only real unknowns at this time. So far nothing jumps out as must haves.

Rules and prices for all three daemon engines are bad. Flyer is just bad. Im going to have to start allying in guard for flight defense.

Oblits got worse. Standard csm units got more expensive.... and worse. Daemon princes are more expensive and just as squishy as before. HQ slot is bloated.

Autocannon havocs with a couple flakk missiles might be ok.

Im happy that zerkers are better... but i still don`t see how your going to deliver them. Our only transports are the same two bad choices as before.

There is just no Meat to this release. Its like the army is the pc brand fat free version of marines... except there isnt any savings at the till. Where is the crazy that brought us necrons and grey knights? Where is doomrider or Cypher Or... any new special chars at all?

Maybe its a set up for chapter approved stuff in theWD as they have models ready...
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 am

The land raider was terrible in 5th, and they raised the price of it? I thought they'd at least bring its capacity up to 12 models to bring it in line with the marine one but it looks like it still only holds 10. Just so bad. Maybe if chaos marines are 13 points base a blue/red horde list will be viable. That would be a crapload of painting and $ though. And horde lists are no fun to play and play against. Let me take my 1/2 hour movement phase, after my 1/2 hour setup. Agree that all of those new chaos vehicles look like garbage, both game-wise and model-wise. How many 200 point walkers does one list need? I'm gonna go with zero.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:17 am

Simple solution. If you don't like the book, don't play it. Personally I'm happy it's not broken as crap. All this negativity and we don't have the book yet!
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:29 am

Always someone with the simple solution to offer.

If only this was a video game and one could hit the free respec button.

Unfortunately its not that simple. Unless someone has 12000 points of space wolves they want to trade?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:51 am

How many 200 point walkers does one list need? I'm gonna go with zero.
I'm going to have to agree with that. Triarch Stalkers ring in at 150 points, which I find a tad steep, and they have AV13 and two metla shots for that price.

200 points for AV12? eeek... That thing will die first turn every game.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:02 am

but its got a 5+ invul and it will not die Mark! thats gotta be worth the points..

of course there is always...

Instead
And So All is Chaos! Imperi10
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next