Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos tidbits

+10
Planes
gluvzer
Aegwymourn
Roland
Timbo
Rhaevyn
Paz
Lore Weaver
Lord_Commander_Stash
System Commander
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chaos tidbits - Page 3 Empty Re: Chaos tidbits

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:38 pm

or just getting flyers instead of dedicated ground support vs fliers. I am thinking for the next year or so you wont see to much current options (suck as flakk) to deal with fliers so everyone has to go out and get some to have the "best" anti-flier support.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Agree about those maulers. I hate that stretchy-skin look. I want to use jump infantry in 6th so I hope the Raptors are usable because I doubt those lightning claw guys will be. I'm scared because Phil Kelly doesn't do OP like Matt Ward does. He seems to err on the side of balance or making things a wee bit overcosted. That's great if he's doing all your codexes... I haven't seen one unit so far that screams, "You must take me!"
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Timbo wrote:Agree about those maulers. I hate that stretchy-skin look. I want to use jump infantry in 6th so I hope the Raptors are usable because I doubt those lightning claw guys will be. I'm scared because Phil Kelly doesn't do OP like Matt Ward does. He seems to err on the side of balance or making things a wee bit overcosted. That's great if he's doing all your codexes... I haven't seen one unit so far that screams, "You must take me!"

its one of those things that interests me from a balance point of view. why wouldnt you have the same primary author for every codex? money? time? GW has both in spades. It not like we expect them to release a new codex every month, well maybe we do but we dont hold them to it. Just never made any sense to me and you can tell that different authors have very different ideas for points costs and what is under/over-powered.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:19 pm

I prefered the 3.5 approach. Necrons, Daemonhunters, Witchhunters, and CSM all had the same 4 authors.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Phil Kelly!!!! im stoked lol. He writes the best codexes and seems to have the right feel for 40k in general. Matt Ward really has some good books, but then he ruins them by adding in stupid little things (see crypteks in necrons). Robin Cruddace just doesnt seem to know what hes doing and should probably be put to work elsewhere in the company.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:10 pm

They look like the bad guys from Star Trek: Insurrection. Which is clearly THE BEST FILM EVER MADE!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:05 pm

KsI dont know why assault cannon either.. They dont assault cannons anywhere else.

Now.. Being able to have the reaper autocannon back would be nice. It doesnt pop up often.. But being able to fire 48 twice at low armour target came in handy now and then.

Hmm. . Maybe against orks or something? Situational for sure.. But not as odd as havng the option for missile lancher and lascannon in previous edition. That was pretty dumb.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:48 am

So.. I guess the dragon does have it will not die, daemon, and the reroll failed hit/pen once.a game.

That helps out it cost alot. Same goes for defiler looks like.. Which will help comsidering it went.up to 195 points.

The other engines all have the same rule. Thatll be a bit scary for the shooty daemon engines.. They're gonna be hard to kill without pens.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Theres a bunch of rules posted up on faiet 212 and across the nets.

Looking.sweet!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:56 pm

FnP is apparently a Slaneesh thing now. Huzzah! Termies with FnP. 2+/5++/5+++
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Yeah the CC oblits are horrible. Really would anyone take them anyway with the rules for 6th? They get to deep strike beside something, then try and chase it down being slow and purposeful...
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Chaos tidbits - Page 3 DSC00375
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:33 pm

dude. codex specific warlord traits. thatll be sweet
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:34 pm

The rules leaking out look good.. Smile

That warlord table is great.. Better than any of the rulebook ones for chaos armies.

Hurry hurry.. Brain cant handle the wait. Oh. If only this came out this week and i could use it for tooncon.. Instead if having to paint grey knights up
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:36 pm

The only crappy one is the first one. Unless your playing against marines that is. .. Waste if you dont but considering most of the ones i roll waste this table is still better.

The chaos boon table is impressive.. And extensive.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:42 pm

daemon price upgrades... Slannesh seems to be a clear winner for a cheap melee beast. lots of mobility....

and BIOMANCY availability.

WTF on pricing. just W... T... F!? 89 dollars CAD for the drake, $74 US. right now I'm trading my Canadian dollars at 1.03......

Looks like $60 for the codex.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:53 pm

Yeah well.. I think gw is stuck in a 1980 s pricng schematic for.regions. Be happy.were.not in australia.

Its pretty dumb. . At least we get a discount?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Codex is hard-cover. I'm getting the digital one.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:daemon price upgrades... Slannesh seems to be a clear winner for a cheap melee beast. lots of mobility....

and BIOMANCY availability.

WTF on pricing. just W... T... F!? 89 dollars CAD for the drake, $74 US. right now I'm trading my Canadian dollars at 1.03......

Looks like $60 for the codex.

The only regret I've had since moving to Canada. Any time I go to buy a book or a GW model I have to grab my shoes apparently.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

It is a bit high on the codex.. I dont mind paying extra for a nice colour book.. However.. Wiyh the models coming out and everything else id of taken a cheaper copy.for sure
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:23 pm

that chapterhouse lawsuit is the best thing that ever happened to Citadel miniatures. from now on, they are going to have every model for every codex out shortly after release.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Armor:
Improvised Armor: 6+ Save
Powerarmor: 3+ Save
Terminator Armor: Same as loyalist
Fleshmetal: 2+ Armor

wargear:

Chaos Bike: SM Bike
Infernal Ammunition: AP3
Mechadrites: +2 A, includes 1 Meltagun and 1 Flamer
Plague Grenades: Mark of Nurgle only - Model carries Offensive and Defensive grenades
Seal of Corruption: 4+ Invulnerable Save
Jetpack

Gifts of Chaos
Aura of Dark Glory: 5+ Invulnerable Save
Gift of Mutation: Ahead of Deployment, roll once on the "Rewards of Chaos" table
Battle-familiar: Model gains 2 additional S4 AP- attacks
Wizard's familiar: Model may reroll failed Psychic tests
Warpblood: Everyime a model with Warpblood suffers an unsaved wound, the unit that caused this wound suffers 1 S3 AP4 hit. (it appears this is not limited to close combat)

Palanquin of Nurgle: Model gains +2 Wounds and +1 Attack and gets the Very bulky special rule
Bloodcrusher of Khorne: Model gains +1 Toughness, +1 Attack and +1 Wound and changes it's unit type to cavallery
Steed of Slaanesh: Model changes it's unit type to cavallery. It runs +3 inces. Gains accurate senses and Outflank special rule and is granted +1 attack
Disk of Tzeentch: Model changes it's unit type to Jetbike and gains +1 Attack

Icons of Chaos
All Icons grant +1 on Combat Resolution
Icon of Revenge: Unit is Fearless
Icon of Flames: Mark of Tzeentch Only: Boltguns, Heavy Boltguns and Bolt Pistols have the Soul Blaze Special Rule
Icon of Rage: Furious Charge, Unit may reroll Charge Distance
Icon of Despair: Mark of Nurgle only: Unit causes Fear
Icon of Ecess: Mark of Slaanesh Only: Unit gains Feel no Pain

Marks of Chaos
Mark of Khorne: Berserker, Counter-attack
Mark of Nurgle: +1 Toughness
Mark of Tzeentch: Invulnerable Saves improved by 1
Mark of Slaanesh: +1 Initiative.

Mark of Nurgle, Mark of Tzeentch, Mark of Slaanesh: If they are given to a psyker, he must chose at least 1 psychic power of the appendant dicipline.

Demonprince Upgrades
Demon of Khorne: Hatred (Demons of Slaanesh), Furious Charge
Demon of Slaanesh: Hatred (Demons of Khorne), Rending, Fleet of Foot, runs +3 inches
Demon of Nurgle: Hatred (Demons of Tzeentch), Slow and Purposefull, Shrouded
Demon of Tzeentch: Hatred (Demons of Nurgle), May Reroll all saves of 1

Psyker: May chose psyonic powers from pyromancy, biomancy or telepathy. If he's a demon of Nurgle, Slaanesh or Tzeentch he must chose at least 1 psycic power from the appendant dicipline.

Vehicle Upgrades:
Destroyer-Blades: Causes D6 S5 AP - hits while performing a Tank shock. If a Unit choses Death or Glory it suffers 2D6 hits instead
Warpflames: All ranged weapons have the Soul Blaze special rule
Whipping Tentacles: Every model suffers -1 attack for each whipping tentacle it has base contact to. (very strange wording here...)
Twin linked Boltgun: Duh.
Siege shield: Vehicle automatically passes dangerous terrain tests
Demon Engine: BS 3. Ignores Crew stunned and Crew shaken on rolls of 2+. When a unit embarks, roll a D6. On a roll of 1 you remove 1 random model as a casulty, and the vehicle regains 1 Hullpoint.
Magma-cutters. If a Maulerfiend with Magmacutters hits with at least one of it's attacks, it generates 1 extra attack. If it hits with all of it's attacks, it generates 2 additional attacks. These attacks have Initiative 1, S8, AP1 and armorbane.
Sonic Blaster: Enemy units within 6" may not perform defensive fire.

Special Rules
Obliterator Weapons: Kyborgs may chose one of the following weapons: Assault Canon, Plasma Cannon, Heavy Flamer,
lasCannon, Multimelta, Twinlinked Flamer, TL Plasmagun or TL meltagun. All obliterators must chose the same weapon. They may not chose the same weapon twice in a row.
Mutilator Weapons: Pick one of the following at the start of any combat phase the mutilator is in close combat: Pair of: Lightning Claws, Chain Fists, Power Swords, Power Mauls. All Mutilators must pick the same weapon, and may not chose the same weapon two combat steps in a row.

Might of the Soulforge: Once per game, at the beginning of a shooting or close combat phase, a model may unleash the might of the Soulforge to reroll all failed to wound/armor penetration rolls. It suffers a glancing hit at a roll of 1 at the end of the phase.

Master of Machines: A Warpsmith may try to repair a friendly vehicle or curse an enemy vehicle.
repair: Needs to be in b2b or within the vehicle. On a roll of 5+ (4+ with mechadrites) he restores a hullpoint or removes one weapon destroyed/immobilized result.
Curse: Shooting attack: 18" range. If it hits, the enemy vehicles weapons have the 'gets hot' special rule.

Psychic powers

Discipline of Tzeentch
Primary Power: Flames of Tzeentch Witchfire, Focus 1
24", S5, AP-, Blast, Inferno (Inferno: Each unsaved wound causes an aditional D3 S3 AP - Hits)

1-2: Gift of Mutation: Blessing: Focus 1:
Friendly Character within 2" suffers a S4 AP-hit and ma roll on the "Rewards of Chaos" table

3-4: Bolt of Corruption: Beam, Focus1
18", S8, AP1, Detonation (If the target is an enemy vehicle and suffers a "Vehicle explodes" result the radius of the blast is 2d6 inches instead of D6 inches)

5-6: Odem of Chaos Witchfire, Focus 2
Template, S1, AP2, Poison (4+), corrosive. (corrosive: Vehicles hit suffer a glancing hit on a roll of 4+)

Discipline of Nurgle
Primary Power: Rot of Nurgle Witchfire, Focus 1
6", Assault D6+1, Poison (4+), S2 AP 5. No effect on models of Nurgle (yes, model of Nurgle is the actual wording.)

1-2: Weapon Virus: Curse, Fokus 1
Range 24". All ranged weapons in the enemy unit have the "gets hot" special rule

3-4: Plagued Present Curse, Fokus 1
Range 48". Enemy unit rolls a D3:
1: Corpsefliesinfestation: -1 attack, shrouded
2: muscular atrophy: -1 Strength, may not run
3: Liquifying Fever: -1 Strength and -1 toughness

5-6: Plagued Wind Fokus 2, Witchfier
12", S1, AP2, Assault 1, Blast (5"), Poison (4+)

Discipline of Slaanesh

Primary Power: Overload Witchfire, warp charge 1
24" S4 AP4 Assault 4, concussive, Blind, Pinning

1-2: hysterical frenzy Blessing, Warp Charge 1
Pick non-vehicle unit within 12" and roll a D3
1: +1 Initiative
2: +1 Strength
3: +1 Attack

3-4: Symphony of Pain Curse, Warp Charge 1
1 Enemy unit within 24 inches gets -1 BS and -1 WS. All ranged weapons directed at this unit get +1 Strength.

5-6: extatic wince Witchfire, warp charge 2
24": S: special, AP - Assault 1.
Every nonvehicle model in the enemy unit suffers 1 hit with its own strength.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:20 pm

The psychic powers look pretty balanced. I dont see anything at all that jumps out as crazy.

One thing i do like is the bloodcrusher ( im guessing its just a juggernaut.. Hopefully the lord isnt riding road warrior style with a blond haired bloodletter) being cavalry. I like that alot.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Bloodcrusher of Khorne: Model gains +1 Toughness, +1 Attack and +1 Wound and changes it's unit type to cavallery

... my friends. khorne lords on juggers coming your way in a hurry in three weeks. cavalry? 12in move + fleet? on my fat khorne champion? yes. i think so.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next