Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf?

+7
Roland
GingerBalls
Aegwymourn
Paz
Rhaevyn
System Commander
Lore Weaver
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf?

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:15 pm

superdeuxlol wrote:5 inches I think. Also isn't the stomp sometimes a strength d stomp?

Stomp isn't Str D, no, it's 1-Nothing, 2-5 D6 S6 AP4 hits, 6-Everything under template removed from play.

It's D3 small blasts that must be placed within 3" of eachother. Results 2-5 apply to each "unit" under the template.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf? - Page 4 Empty Re: Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf?

Post  System Commander Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Ahh.. a 6 to wipe them it eh. Hmm.. id prob still take that chance.

It becomes risky when you have to choose to send him in alone or not. With some berserker help.. you can survive if it goes into scond round .. but your.now risking 400 points yourself.

Anyway.. they present an interesting challenge in a regular army. As a 5 unit army though.. blech.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:56 pm

System Commander wrote:Ahh.. a 6 to wipe them it eh. Hmm.. id prob still take that chance.

It becomes risky when you have to choose to send him in alone or not. With some berserker help.. you can survive if it goes into scond round ..  but your.now risking 400 points yourself.

Anyway.. they present an interesting challenge in a regular army. As a 5 unit army though..  blech.

They melt to Necrons, Tau, Eldar, Daemons, and Grav-Guns in the SM army.... Or even 'Crone heavy 'nids (as the S8 Vectors happen before you can raise your shield). (S8 vs side armour 12, or the Heldrakes S7 vs side armour 12).

Necron, Tau, and Eldar TAC lists would have no problem with them (Assuming Broadsides/Riptides and Wave Serpents).
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:59 pm

Nicely done GW, complete assembly instructions before the model comes out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njhLv_nyP_s
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Oh yeah.. i agree some armies would shred a knight army.. and even if you know your opponent is playing one.. easy to plan for. Even my regular chaos list with two raiders, predator and a khorne lord would give it problems.

But.. it just seems for a balanced standard army.. say at a tpurnament, you may have half your army that cant do anything to it.

I dont think they are over powered at all.. I hink theyll be alot more fun to play with than actual effectiveness.

Im whining now because i cant take a worldeater one.. feel free to ignore me. Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Pssssshhhhhhhht. I'd let you field it as a chaos Titan Robyn, so long as it was painted in that nice red and gold you do your world eaters in. But I know I'm hearing all around there's a second box coming in April and it just makes sense it's a chaosified version of the details on this kit. Reading epic, it seems like there's only the 2 variants of wargear choices, and this box already has them, so it doesn't seem likely this second set in Aprils gonna be more weapon choices, but rather just a chaos looking version of the kit to reflect the houses that went into exodus with the traitor legions
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:13 pm

I dunno.

Seems much more effective than the two lemun russes it replaces. higher BS, better lifespan. more maneuverable, melee defense.

Have to see them on the table. but i can't help but worry about things you can't stop. sure you can kill it, but its going to take your entire armies shooting to do it in one turn. the reason people whine about heldrakes is because they are resiliant chassis that can put a lot of hurt on something and you can't do anything about it. i see the same thing happening here with massivly resilient knights that can't be stopped or slowed. only killed by taking down 6 HP's through av 13 and a 4++. while it drops double battlecannon shots on your face.

I think your overestimating how killable they are by some armies. its going to laugh at grav spam. it can't be immobilized, so its only going to lose a single hullpoint to any 6's rolled and you still have to get through the ion shield. i'de park one of these in a corner all game long.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Is it immune to lance weaponry?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:57 pm

Paz wrote:Is it immune to lance weaponry?

Nope, and side armour 12.  Flank with two wave serpents, then dead.

Edit: Just checked. Lances work (temporary reduction is okay), Scarabs don't (permanant reduction is a no-go)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Yeah, again, don't see how its overpowered. Bright lances. dark lances. bam.

I faced two wraithknights last night, with what I feel is a very balanced marine list. Killed both in the first two turns. Meltaguns, snipers, and a single grav cannon.

The Knight can't really be that scary.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Hey Robyn, check it out!

Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf? - Page 4 549101_658974994170199_356885986_n
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Awesome !
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:13 am

That is a crazy good conversion. Robyn's next project I guess. Razz

Also, I heard the mid-month Chaos kit is going to be the new Hellbrute.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 am

See, this makes no sense at all.. at ALL.

You follow up the Knight up with a Helbrute? I gusss if your thinking.. those poor chaos saps didnt get a knight.. lets capitalize on their misery by giving them a helbrute!

I didnt really want a helbrute before but i would have bought one. Now im not.. because i want a knight!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:57 am

Supposedly, brute, plastic havoc, chosen and the much demanded Crimson Slaughter codex.

If it makes CSM/ Khorne decent... Ok
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:57 am

Just saw the note about Crimson Slaughter on Bols. Ill have to assume this.is the "Veterans" codex leaked about earlier.

I dont think i want any of these kits.. especially under the current codex rules. Ill have to see the chosen though.. that one does have me curious.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:06 pm

I'd be a lot more interested in the Havoks if I didn't already have two squads converted.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:56 pm

No way I'm playing my list as a "counts as" army for that.

Black Legion was a bit of a stretch even.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:32 pm

By erasmus on warseer.... holy mother of god...

Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf? - Page 4 Knight1
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:51 pm

I am the only one that thinks Chaos is now your best bet for a good cheap starter army?

Dark Vengeance + Attack Force + Heldrake + Havocs is a decentish 1750 pt force......
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4