Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf?

+7
Roland
GingerBalls
Aegwymourn
Paz
Rhaevyn
System Commander
Lore Weaver
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf? Empty Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf?

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Thoughts?

Apparently they don't take a LoW spot on the force org and are scoring???
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf? Empty Re: Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf?

Post  System Commander Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:44 pm

I havent grabbed it yet.. but.. nice.

I was interested before.. very now.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf? Empty Re: Anyone grab the Knights White Dwarf?

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:37 am

I've got a copy at home.

The knights are... interesting.  No lord of war slot, they count as scoring, they are... fragile? compared to super-heavies.  i get the feeling that they are are supposed to bridge the gap between escalation and normal 40k.

Seems to me that anyone with a superheavy facing knights is going to have a bad day if they can't kill the knight quick, as the knight will  run forward and smash the superheavy to bits with its D melee.

I guess the thing to consider here is Larger points games.   if both players bring a knight(s) or a superheavy, you can probably play a 2500 point game in less time than a 1750 of old school 40k.  the biggest problem with big points is usually time. but if those points are concentrated down to larger point models...

Honestly i wouldn't be too fussed about seeing these across the table, and we might not have a choice if GW releases them as just a codex supplement.  Just hoping i have the option of putting down a Freeblade(or similar) ally with my chaos if so

Yay for the age of Gonzo.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:59 am

I really like the idea of them right now. They seem really comparable to a wraithknight.. with with some strengths and weaknesses over the other.

I find it cool thats its a vehicle over a monstrous creature.. I get the feeling they are gonna be a ton of fun to plya and play against and damn..they just look cool. Man, I sure do hope theres a chaos option.. otherwise Im gonna have to get one for grey knights or guard.. ?

I think GW hit a homerun with these guys.. BUT I dont doubt GW can find a way to irritate a swath of people with it still.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:15 pm

i guess if nothing else, i could ally them into my Black Scars. ..coming to a table top near you soon!
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:55 pm

I agree with Robyn, I couldn't be more excited for the knight on the tabletop. The d-strength weapon makes sense, you don't want your almost 400 point robot getting wasted by a hundred point carnifex or a cheap daemon prince in cc. It's not a mc, which is great, and it's a god damn knight Titan! I've been waiting for this guy for so long, and I feel like it totally came out of the blue.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:04 pm

So far I really like the rules. Having a D melee weapon isn't nearly as scary as a D shooting weapon. I think GW finally got the mix of crazy right. About the only thing that "might" make it too good is the scoring bonus. Although if they cough up VP like other super heavies then its fine.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Since they are not lords of war, I've heard they don't affect victory points. Which makes sense, they have just 6 hull points
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:19 pm

They have the behemoth rules, so they suffer an additional D3 hullpoints on an "Exploades" result and are unaffected by 1-5 results. (I need to double check my escalation book to make sure that's right)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:31 pm

Nafka is reporting that they will be available to ALL armies. Nids.. you might get your fist vehicle!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:46 pm

Wut.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:56 pm

Freeblades are basically Mercenaries for hire (Dogs of War!)

GW customer support wrote:Hi
Thanks for the email, the rules printed in this week's issue of White Dwarf state that "They may also be taken as allies; you can include up to three Imperial Knights as a single allied detachment for each primary detachment in your army" As such any 40k army can take them as a allied detachment.

Perhaps the persuasive nature of Slaanesh has convinced a Freelance household to work for Chaos, or maybe they just pay better than the Forces of the Imperium.

We hope this helps and that you enjoy the new Imperial Knights.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Oh, Dogs of War. You were so silly.

I still think its interesting that 'Nids can take them.  scratch 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Oh, Dogs of War. You were so silly.

How does a hivemind pay freeblades if it has no pockets?
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:47 pm

GingerBalls wrote:
Aegwymourn wrote:Oh, Dogs of War. You were so silly.

How does a hivemind pay freeblades if it has no pockets?

Maybe the Freeblades are "using" the Tyranids to clear off planets???

I dunno, the Eldar seeded planets with Orks to fight Tyranids in Dawn of War II.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:48 pm

I was thinking more 'infested terrans' via Starcraft.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:50 pm

Apparently on their facebook page they acknowledge a few things that got missed in the white dwarf rules.

The whole scoring unit, not a LOWA etc. But also that since Nids cant ally withone, they cant ally with a knights army.
So we'll have to see. But.. a strong possibility for chaos which ia really exciting Smile
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:18 pm

this article, pretty much sums up what i was thinking when i read wd. now, subtract some of the vitriol, because at the end of the day the game is what we make of it. but in general, hes right. people will want to field these. tournaments are probably going to be forced to allow them, and then, its a slippery slope to Lords of War.

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2014/02/18/meat-meta-gws-trojan-horse-arrived/
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:40 pm

It is irritating that the plan and strategy is apparent but.. im ok with it.

Even though it has a melee D weapon.. i cant see it leading to acceptance of ranged D weapons. I know it feels like a gateway drug but D weapons are still so crazy.. the melee versions dont seem to bad , and never really have.

If GW can get more excitement back by feeding us units that are cool, feel balanced and available to most armies.. ill probably buy them all.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:40 pm

I scoffed through that whole article, this fear of change to the game. Then I read the snippet at the end:

"Meat for Meta is rated editorial nonsense. These articles are meant to complain about some group, somewhere, that is playing the game for all the wrong reasons or simply to just make fun of 40k nerd rage".

So is this a troll post to make fun of terrified meta players?

Cuz really, big tournaments will still cater to the ppl who like to play at th. This idea that everyone will want to bring titans to tournaments is silly. Adepticon is running a titanicus battle seperately for all the guys wanting to run titans; just a Titan battle! 
The game had been called unbalanced for a while by the same ppl who say this will once again unbalance it, but I have yet to see a total breakdown in the game.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:22 am

I think what's changed is that you no longer can say,"Hey Bob, let's have a 2000 pt game Saturday! BOB: Sure thing."

You actually have to talk a bit. "I'm bringing a superheavy, and a flyer."

5th was as close as we've gotten to balanced tourney type rules.

6th is much more geared to creating your own missions (forging a narrative, if you will) and gives you tools to do that.

I think tournament play and casual play are going to be very different things shortly.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:55 am

We'll have to come up with standards , like MTG. Type 1, Type 2, Standard, etc. This is my BAO Standard style army, or i'm bringing my Astro-Style lords of war type 1 Army. etc
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:10 am

Aegwymourn wrote:I was thinking more 'infested terrans' via Starcraft.

That would make more sense but I'm sure they won't be able to ally with 'nids, that would be silly. Plus a little birdy told me so. Wink
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:31 am

I like the idea of a standard for planning games. This way you could say "Looking for a 1500 point Type X game" and everyone would understand what kind of game you wanted to play.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:05 pm

should be fairly easy; 
Old School (core codex book units only, nothing else, no FW, no Fortifications, no allies)
Classic (Single FoC, No Flyers, allowing fortifications minus the ones with D weapons, no allies)
Standard (Single FoC, includes flyers, fortifications, no ranged D weapons, no allies)
Narrative (standard, but with the inclusion of Allies lists)
Twin (double FoC lists)
Lords of War (super heavies, primarchs, Fortifications with D weapons)
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next