Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes thread

+9
Spamus Eatus
Aegwymourn
GingerBalls
Matthew G
Rhaevyn
dusktiger
Lore Weaver
judchic
System Commander
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Changes thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Changes thread

Post  Spamus Eatus Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:55 pm

To piggyback that:

Ruins (of which we have many) are considered 4+ cover, Twisted Copse (AKA forests) are considered 5+ cover, craters are 6+ with a +2 go to ground bonus.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Roland wrote:Except Citadel terrain models (|HAHAHAHA) all of which grant cover regardless of obscured......

gee, can you tell who owns a full selection of all the GW terrain models?? Razz
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:07 pm

Actually I dont (no hills/forests, etc:)

I just find it funny they throw that in to try to keep you buying GW stuff. Although the rules for the various Cityfight ruins were quite fun.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:59 am

I've been playing forests w\ a border as a "Twisted Copse" (k-oh-pse or k-aw-pse ???). Craters as a thingy....
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:25 am

according to this site: howjsay.com, its pronounced like you'd says cops. the e is silent.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:45 am

wierd that they would remove craters from exploded vehicles. seems it would be a good way to sell craters.

i'm fairly ambivalent about the change to be honest. On one hand it was nice to be able to hunker down in the crater after an explosion to protect the dudes a bit. but at the same time it was a pain to be in difficult terrain if you actually wanted to go anywhere. so yeah, 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

just one less rule to slow down the game i guess. how much time did we spend searching for craters and trying to balance dudes on the uneven slopes. now my grey felt rhino markers will just be used to deliniate emergency disembarkation boundaries.

Not sure if this is new. but don't crash your landspeeder storm with dudes in it. fitting a unit in coherancy on its footprint is going to be rough, and you lose any models that can't fit . which is awkward, cuz its not our fault that GW's vehicles are nowhere near being scale to the guys you put in them. (or take into account the 28mm bases they stand on)

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:03 am

that shouldnt be an issue. the storm is about the same size as a rhino, and can only fit 5 scouts. you should be able to fit 5 models with a 1" base in that area, since you can fit 10 in a rhino's footprint. it just means the bases have to be touching.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:37 am

is that only for skimmers? Do I need to re-read something? I was disembarking 3" from the vehicle... (although, I haven't played Eldar yet)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Linebreaker is "12 inches from your opponents table edge" which is strictly different than his deployment zone! You could deploy ~3" away from dubers deployment zone with triangle deployment.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:05 pm

so. while trying to figure out how to play my gaurd now that they are desperate allies with my CSM, i went and had a look at the Renegades and heretics lists.

Rogue psykers are 15 point ML1 pyskers and you can have up to 5 of them in your army. 75 point mana battery that gets you 5 warp charge? mmm. yes plz.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:07 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:is that only for skimmers?  Do I need to re-read something?  I was disembarking 3" from the vehicle... (although, I haven't played Eldar yet)

when a vehicle explodes, you need to deploy inside the boundaries of the vehilce that... vacated.. that area. its fairly tight usually. 10 space marine bases barely fits inside the boundaires of a rhino chassis.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:23 pm

but if say a few terminators assault a rhino and surround a corner... suddenly you only get 5 marines to fit 1" away from em. thats a big difference
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:02 pm

I noticed that you only have to make a dangerous terrain check once for a piece of terrain. So you dont have to do it for moving around in that piece on subsequent rounds or for leaving it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:19 pm

Rhaevyn wrote:
Lore Weaver wrote:is that only for skimmers?  Do I need to re-read something?  I was disembarking 3" from the vehicle... (although, I haven't played Eldar yet)

when a vehicle explodes, you need to deploy inside the boundaries of the vehilce that... vacated.. that area.  its fairly tight usually. 10 space marine bases barely fits inside the boundaires of a rhino chassis.

Is there no emergency disembarkation anymore?

Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:
Rhaevyn wrote:

when a vehicle explodes, you need to deploy inside the boundaries of the vehilce that... vacated.. that area.  its fairly tight usually. 10 space marine bases barely fits inside the boundaires of a rhino chassis.

Is there no emergency disembarkation anymore?

There is, 6" from the hull, but not when it explodes.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:17 am

So last night got to reading the new rules in a bit more detail. Found a couple of things that are interesting.

@ Mark during our game I think we did beams wrong. Beams, Nova, and Focused Witchfires are all a type of Witchfire and are treated as a psychic shooting attack. Even though they don't roll to hit I think you could still Jink them. I'm not sure when you'd declare it though. To make it the same as shooting I would say after your opponent has declared the psyker, power and how many dice they are using. But before rolling the actual test to "harness warp charges". edit - just for novas/beams

I don't know if anyone else noticed it but you cannot overwatch after going to ground.

During the Fight sub-phase. During each initiative step models, models fighting on that step have to have wounds allocated to them first. THIS CHANGE IS HUGE! That means deathstars like my Driagowing lose the ability to choose how wounds are allocated during some of the initiative steps.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:38 am

Aegwymourn wrote:During the Fight sub-phase. During each initiative step models, models fighting on that step have to have wounds allocated to them first. THIS CHANGE IS HUGE! That means deathstars like my Driagowing lose the ability to choose how wounds are allocated during some of the initiative steps.

Wait, what? So all the simultaneous I4 wounds have to go to I4 models first?
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:05 am

Lore Weaver wrote:
Aegwymourn wrote:During the Fight sub-phase. During each initiative step models, models fighting on that step have to have wounds allocated to them first. THIS CHANGE IS HUGE! That means deathstars like my Driagowing lose the ability to choose how wounds are allocated during some of the initiative steps.

Wait, what?  So all the simultaneous I4 wounds have to go to I4 models first?

That's.... Wow. Huge.
No more sniping off Power fists and crap so long as there are higher initiative things to kill first. So being in "base to base" doesn't mean diddly in Close Combat anymore then?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:51 am

Outside of seeing if you qualify to swing in that fight sub-phase, it seems that way.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:02 am

really means that dudes with power fists/axes get a little more survivability. Grey hunters hidden fist/axe just keep gettin bettah.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:48 am

Hmm.. interesting. So.. Chaos Lord with claws charges a 10 man tac squad with 8 berserkers. Lord goes.. then everyone on init 4 goes simul. Before the lord can ever take a wound.. all the berserkers have to die.. even if the lord is the "closest" because hes at a high init and everyone else is 4? And... on top of that do you still have to remove the closest model at that initiative sequence? 

This all seems very.. odd.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:20 pm

System Commander wrote:Hmm.. interesting. So.. Chaos Lord with claws charges a 10 man tac squad with 8 berserkers. Lord goes.. then everyone on init 4 goes simul. Before the lord can ever take a wound.. all the berserkers have to die.. even if the lord is the "closest" because hes at a high init and everyone else is 4? And... on top of that do you still have to remove the closest model at that initiative sequence? 

When you say it like that, yeah, seems wonky.
Seems like close combat would be the ultimate shield for IC models, because most ICs that would be in the squad would be higher initiative than everyone else.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:26 pm

System Commander wrote:Hmm.. interesting. So.. Chaos Lord with claws charges a 10 man tac squad with 8 berserkers. Lord goes.. then everyone on init 4 goes simul. Before the lord can ever take a wound.. all the berserkers have to die.. even if the lord is the "closest" because hes at a high init and everyone else is 4? And... on top of that do you still have to remove the closest model at that initiative sequence? 

Yes. Wounds are allocated to the closest models fighting at that initiative step. If more than one model is tied for closest the player's whose models are being attacked gets to allocate.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:28 pm

It actually makes sense when you think about it. That chaos lord would go murder all the dudes around him then the rest of the dubers fight each other. That is what the combat is supposed to represent and it actually does.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:17 pm

Makes total sense to me. Why would u kill someone other than the guy trying to beat your face in?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next