Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FALLOUT 3 thread

+6
Matthew G
System Commander
Guardian Angel
Paz
ScottRadom
gluvzer
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FALLOUT 3 thread Empty FALLOUT 3 thread

Post  gluvzer Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:56 pm

Alright we are all aware of how awsome fallout 3 is. I know there's a number of us playing who belong to this forum, so I thought I'd start a thread where we can exchange info. Post-up here any possible questions (someone may have an answer for you) or any cool tips pertaining to missions, weapons, discoveries, etc....

I'll start off with a tip; There is a strength bobble head located in Sherrif Lucas Sims house in Megaton. An early +1 strength boost is very helpful.

And a question for anyone who may have figured this one out. I was talking with Paz about this the other night. In the DC ruins, while running around we both heard a guy yelling on a megaphone, mainly doomsday kind of stuff. Neither of us could find the origin of this in the area. Does anyone know anything about this? Has anyone ever found the source, or if there's a mission for it?

I just started my evil character, why is evil always so much more fun.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

FALLOUT 3 thread Empty Re: FALLOUT 3 thread

Post  ScottRadom Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:10 pm

How's that painting comin' along Ryan?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:37 am

Yeah, that was really wierd, I dunno where he was comming from.

Bobblehead info= theres a science bobblehead in vault 106, pretty much halfway between megaton and arefu, in a cliff-face. It has a few crazed vault dwellers, but the bobblehead is easy to find, its sitting on a shelf in a random room.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:08 am

Here are the three other bobble head I found....

The Medicine on is sitting on "Dad's" desk after your medical exam b4 you write the GOAT

There is one (speech I believe) in the head slavers place in the slaver camp.

There is one in the science lab in Rivet city.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:09 am

As well, I have recently started my Evil dude as well......

2 things I noticed.....

It is WAY easier to make $$$$ when you can rob a few places blind

Evil is more fun.....lol
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:50 am

Right on his desk after the medical, Damn I can't beleive I missed that one. Do you know if it is still there in the trouble on the homefront mission?

I'm also finding that having a very high speech skill is making the game alot easier.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:23 pm

I am pleased to mention I have found 7 bobble heads in my game, all by myself! I'm sure you can hop online very quickly and find the location of all of them.

I ended up with:

Str
Luck
Charisma

Repair
Speech
Science
ENergy Weapons

I like how you get the energy wepaons one at the end of the game, once my skill was already at 100.. awesome.

I know I found 2 in the alternate vaults you find out about. I found the luck one in the basement of a house in Minefield I believe. Wasn't there one located in the museum in the Republic of Dave? I thought so, but cant remember now. I cant remember where I found one of the other ones, but it was really early and was in a building I accidentally came across, a noodle house of factory or something.

Ive only got a short time left in the game and have been trying to avoid looking at anything online about finding stuff. I did take a quick look through this thread, but since Im right at the end I cant go back looking for them anyway.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:06 pm

7 all by your big self. Impressive, I only found 2 of the damn things my first time through. Going to keep a closer look-out with my new character.

Anyone here now anything about the MIR. It apparently shoots 8 mini-nukes at a time. Apparently you can find it somehow in the old reserve armoury??
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:24 pm

If you really REALLY want to find it.....plus all the cool bobbleheads

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Fallout_3

Has the location of all the cool stuff in the game......
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:31 pm

oooooh, tempting. I may have to check it out when I get home.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:07 pm

Is this game just for ShitBox or is it also on PS3?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:04 pm

Both i think, but its also for PC (thats where I am playing mine).
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:56 pm

You betcha, on the ps 3.

Yes, 7 all by myself, .. I know I am the envy of everyone! I also found the alien gun: Firelance.. completely by accident trying to get into the Oasis. But, thats about the only neat stuff I found. And, after finding two bobbleheads completely by accident in the first two vaults, I was convinced every vault had one thats why I went to the other 2.

I just started as a bad guy and I also had missed the medicine bobblehead in your Dad's office.. doh.

Never heard of the MIr but sounds awesome.. I never even got to fire a fat boy although I had one with some ammo. Damn!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:55 am

It is actually called the MIRV (similiar to real nukes....surprisingly enough), but I am not 100% how many nukes it fires at once.

I had the Fat Man with my good guy, but never found a good target to fire at......a Missle was generally more then enough....or a couple grenades.

AS well, I did not have the heart to spend 250 caps on a single shot.....
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:59 am

I always found a ton of mini-nukes all over the place. So many, that everytime I found a trader or store I was selling a few. And it is pretty cool when you fire one off. Mini mushroom cloud.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:24 am

I had a hard time findin em the first time around. I think I only ever found 3 or 4 Mini-nukes. I really did not explore all that much and barely made 20 b4 I finished the game.

I plan on exploring a lot more b4 I move to deep into the story wiht my evil dude.....
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:33 am

Sometimes just wandering around can be realy cool and interesting. I did alot of it. I found this little town once in the south-south west, it consisted of only three livable houses and a shed. An old man kept telling me to get out of there because it was so dangerous but the other people where all friendly and well mannered except when I'd ask about the shed. The lock-pick on the shed was too high for my character, but I do beleive they were canibals and the shed was where they carved up the wanderer's that would 'disappear' when they stopped for shelter according to the old man and one of the childeren in town. I plan on finding that place again with my new character who I've been leveling in lock-pick or take the child at heart perk to get more info from the kid, and maybe chowing down with them all evil style.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:17 am

Ya.....that is another thing I am plannin with my Evil dude......

Cannabil perk....lol.

I am also plannin on training sneak up quite a bit cause I really want to pick-pocket someone and put a grenade/landmine in their pocket.....lol.

Should be interesting......especially in a town.....lol.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:57 am

Yes, I didn't do alot of exploring at the beginning, but I was starting to get worried I was pseding along the story to much so I tok it easy and cleaned up alot of the quests I had and walked to the locations.. which of course is the easiest way to find stuff.

I dont if anyone else took the time to explore Old Olney.. but I knew with all the Death Talons running around there HAD to be something good in there. And, Death Talons are pretty easy with a bottlecap mine to soften them up first.

I ended up finding a set of power armor called Prototype Medical Power Armor. It was like regular power armor.. except it would talk to you! And, when your health went to 25% it would automaticaly inject you with Med-X, which was cool since I never used it myself. It would say stuff to you like a drill sgt. So when your health went down low, he would say" Here's some M to help you out" or when you would fiurst pick up someone on your perception, he would say " Lock and Load soldier!". It was awesome and easily the coolest thing I found in the game.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:23 pm

Ya....I heard about the Medical armour....and I wanted to find it for my evil guy

Should be cool
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:45 pm

That armour sounds wicked fictitious... Do you remember where you found it? The best armour I ever got (besides the lions pride armour) was Rielly's Ranger armour. Tesla armour wasn't bad either for straight up protection.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:48 pm

ScottRadom wrote:How's that painting comin' along Ryan?

**Ryan gives Scott the middle finger, over the internet**
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:17 pm

Hmm, I guess the space in between my paragraphs seemed to have broken up the two items.

The medical prototype armor was in Old Olney... go explore it.. but be forewarned, lots of Death Talons to fight.. lots. I came across it coming out of a vault that was close to it.. you can see it easily from afar.. its a big area with lots of intact buildings.. and then Death Talons start running after you when you get close. It's in the .. oh, North East'ish quadrant.. more to the south side of the quadrant then anything. I would of ran away but I had about 16 bottlecap mines so decided to keep exploring it until I ran out of supplies. I ended up using almost my mines.. but like I said, I knew they had to be guarding something awesome. The DR on it wasn't as good as regular power armor and I couldn't repair it with anything. It does come brand new and full condition though. It lasted me right up until I got to the end of the Lamplight Caverns.

I already had the regular power armor when I found it, but you still need to be trained in in how to use it.

I did find another set of named armor in Oasis. One of the guards ends up being an ex brotherhood guy and he gives you his special armor.. but only if you complete that quest in a certain way. I originally did it the way I wanted, but was curious what would happen if you did if the other ways (you get three options).

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Prototype Medic Power Armor
DR: 40 Wgt: 45 lbs
-1 AG, +25 Radiation Resistance,
talks to you
auto-dispenses equipped Med-X

I went to Ryan's link and here's a few different things he says to you:

"Pansy! Take a shot of vitamin M and keep fighting."
"Time to kick some ass!"
"Let 'em eat lead!"
"Gear up, soldier!"

I also just read you can repair it with other power armor, just not the Tesla or Enclave stuff, which is all I had towards the end of the game. And, another mistake, it did start at dr 40.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:39 pm

The Deathclaw problem in old olny could be solved with the tech Paz shared with me. Build a dart gun and use it on them for the first shot. The dart gun cripples legs so the things can't leap at you. Then shoot em' up with regular stuff from a distance.

Up in the North West there is a Death claw cavern where the Enclave is capturing them for mind control purposes. I went up to the cavern door and didn't go in. I have heard that there is also something cool and rare in there.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next