Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok Guys so i need some advice here

+3
Aegwymourn
Planes
Deadlytoaster
7 posters

Go down

Ok Guys so i need some advice here Empty Ok Guys so i need some advice here

Post  Deadlytoaster Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:14 am

So im working on an Iyanden Themed army, i havent seen much of the rules from the codex supplement so im not sure how much there is. However i need some advice as to what units to use. I want it to be fluffy first and foremost, however i always believe in having a functional list too. I guess my question is, what kind of aspect warriors would be good to include/what would iyanden have/not have?

So far I got wraithguard, wraithlords and a wraithknight and probably a hemlock wraithfighter too along with atleast 2 spiritseers (1-5 can be taken as a single hq in iyanden) then a single squad of guardians, and of course Prince Yriel planned to be in the army. at a 1750 points level, what other stuff should i be taking?
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Ok Guys so i need some advice here Empty Re: Ok Guys so i need some advice here

Post  Planes Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:10 am

I can't say I know too terribly much about the Eldar fluff, as the only real thing I've read up on them is Path of the Seer, and that revolves around an entirely different craft world.  I know that 3++ did a quick overview of the tweaks the Iyanden book makes to the core army list, like being able to take the Wraith Knight as an HQ.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 am

I think some of the people on the boards have already picked up the Iyanden supplement book. I would check with them about if it is worth buying if you want to take an all wraith army.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:27 am

Spirit Seers are LD9 and roll on runes of battle.  The Iyanden ones don't get conceal/reveal, but that's okay, you can have a jigger that gives all wraith units within 12" battle focus.

I think the hemlock might be really good.  Mike and I were talking about it the other day.  We came to the conclusion that we're not really sure.  I'd recommend proxying it for a few games.  The Crimson Hunter will kill a heldrake, but it's also super squishy, so you need threat overload so your opponent doesn't target it.

You'll find that you'll run out of points right quick.  Because of that, I'd stay away from the Guardians.  You don't really need them (they aren't all that Iyanden fluffy either).

--

I'd recommend both shooty flavours of Wraithguard in Wave Serpents.  Maybe a hand-to-hand set in a Wave Serpent too.

That'll run you 435 for the Wave Serpents (Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Field), and 530 for the wraith guard.  Drop a Spirit Seer with each unit for 210 points...  See what I mean :-)

Two units of shooty Wraith Guard, 2 Spirit Seers, Solitaire Farseer, a Wraith Lord, and a Wraith Knight.

190+370+140+140+240+160 = 1240, then you can add in a couple things.

--

If you're looking to plug in an Aspect, Warp Spiders are ahhhhhh mayyyyy zzzzzing
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Haha, thanks Mark. Yes i knew the Wraith units are still expensive and was having trouble with the points vs model count haha. I was planning to have 3 spirit seers, 3 squads of wraithguard (though i like your suggestion of the CC guys, likely with axes and forcefields) Then probably a wraith knight (who will be my Warlord) and then a wraithfighter....at which point im not sure how many points i got left, warp spiders would be my go to choice, but i was unsure of the fluff side. I suppose Iyanden was once the greatest craftworld and so had no shortage on the aspects, so im sure there would likely be a unit or two still kicking around, just as long as your whole army isnt say....aspect warriors, should be fine fluff wise. Also is there a Star lance you can give to a character now in the Gifts of Asuryan section?
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:46 pm

Celestial Lance, ya.  I don't have the book though.

Darren should have some copies tomorrow.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:51 pm

Excellent, i will be there tomorrow to grab that :DBut yeah, the rumor of being able to give your Autarch a Star Lance (str 8 ap 2) that makes guys explode when he kills them? (well Characters and MCs anyways) i had plans for him in a 10 man Shinning spears unit. Also crazy enough in the above list iw as gunna run the wraithknight with the sword because he can rush up and stomp on stuff haha  Also the sword looks super cool
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:12 pm

-insert bad advice here-
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Ok Guys so i need some advice here Empty +1

Post  Rhaevyn Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Dom.0 wrote:-insert bad advice here-
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:33 pm

As to your original question, I'll be running an Iyanden army as well (well more as allies), and I was also thinking about how fluffy aspect warriors would be amongst a wraith army. I still love scorpions after all. After reading the books and fluff you find that all craftworlds have aspect warriors and they can just spring up at any time, so really, you can take any aspect at any number. I would suggest, to keep it more fluffy, to just use as few aspect warriors as possible any any one time. Like maximum 2 aspects at minimum sizes.

PS When I was in on Friday at the Den I asked Darren if he was getting the Iyanden supplement and he said he was getting it through different means than is normal so it was going to be late. Anybody know if its come in yet?
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down