Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Necron Highlander List

2 posters

Go down

Necron Highlander List Empty Necron Highlander List

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:00 pm

1600 points of Highlander Goodness.

HQ --

1. Anrakyr 165
Barge +80 (Tesla)
Court
1xDestro Cryptek with Solar Pulse +55
1xDestro Cryptek +35
Total = 335

2. Necron Overlord Bronte 90
Warscythe +10, Barge +80 (Tesla)
Court
1xDestro Cryptek +35
1xTransmog Cryptek with Seismic Crucible +40
Total = 255

HQ = 590

Troops --

1. 5xWarriors 65 (Destro Crypteks)
Ghost Ark +115
Total = 180
2. 10xImmortals (Tesla) = 170
3. 10xWarriors = 130 (Transmog Cryptek, Destro Cryptek)

Troops = 480

Heavy --

1. Annihilation Barge = 90
2. Monolith = 200

Heavy Total = 290

Elites --

1. C'Tan Shard of the Voidbringer 185
Lord of Fire +10
Transdimensional Thunderbolt +45
Total = 240

Elites = 240

Army Total = 1600

-----------------------------

The goal is to offer the Ghost Ark, Monolith, and Annihilation Barge some Melta protection, via the C'Tan. Spend time shooting your S7+ weapons at the C'Tan and you don't deal with the true threats, the Ghost Ark (with it's 2 S8 Ap2 shots inside), the Monolith, and the two Surfboard Lords. The C'Tan also offers a S9 BS5 shot.

This list also has 2 Surfboard Lords, one in the form of Anrakyr, the other, my freshly painted "Overlord Bronte" who is the 180 point guy. These guys fly over things and kill stuff.

The warrior foot unit will hold an objective and the Ghost Ark will try and support this unit as long as it can. It's got fairly versatile shooting, offered by the two flavors of Crypteks, and with the seismic crucible, will be tough to assault.

Overall, I think it's a solid list, with the one real debatable point being the C'Tan. Should the list not work well, I might tweak it to swap that for Lychguard with an Orb Lord, or bump up the warrior unit and take some Scarabs.

People are wise to Scarabs now... so they die fast.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Necron Highlander List Empty Re: Necron Highlander List

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:05 pm

I like this build of the ctan better than the the last one. "pick a dude, make a test or die" seems weak on a 6" move duder.

Lord of fire is pretty meh with only a 1 in 6 chance. I'd still chance it Smile

I'm not sure about the ThunderBolt's single 24 inch shot. I've played with the same thing on a prince with bolt of change, and tbh even if it had wings, if your shard inst in combat, you almost always want him running so he can get into someones Face. If hes running ahead of the monolith, he still providing that melta deterrent.

my personal picks would be... Lord of fire and spirit dust. Lord of fire, just because you have to take two, and its cheap, and Dust, because its a combat monster and you dont want a marine getting lucky and poking you in the eye when you assault him into cover and defensive grenades are always good to have.. The 3+ cover save on the first turn when your hiding behind the monolith cant hurt either.

These also make him cheaper.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:09 pm

That guy is 210 points.

I could do that, then grab a Veiltek Cryptek instead of a Transmog one.

Also, the cheapest C'Tan is 205 points with Entropic Strike and Lord of Fire.

I'm sorta "meh" on Spirit Dust because a C'Tan doesn't need assault grenades when it ignores all terrain anyway, and it's tough to get that cover save.

I see your point on a 24" range shot when I want to be running anyway Razz
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Small tweak to this list. I'm dropping the transmog Cryptek for a Storm Cryptek with a Lightning Field (D6 S8 AP5 hits if you assault the unit he's in) for 35 points and using the 5 extra points to give the C'Tan a Gaze of Death (After combat, put the pie plate over the C'Tan, all things hit take a S3 no armour saves allowed hit, if the C'Tan does a wound with it, he gets a wound back). This allows the C'Tan to run ever turn to get to combat a bit quicker. Also, with 2 surfboard lords (effectively) and Destro Crypteks in an Ark, I don't really need any more anti-vehicle stuff.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:29 pm

So many things in the Necron book just kick Monstrous Creatures or IC's straight in the nuts. Lightning field is Meh vs a unit of mahreens. but on average a str/tgh 6 MC is going to take 2? wounds, just for assaulting the unit. good defense vs rampaging Dreadnoughts too. Not foolproof, but decent deterrent.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down