Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Painted 'Crons Imotek & Overlord

3 posters

Go down

Some Painted 'Crons  Imotek & Overlord Empty Some Painted 'Crons Imotek & Overlord

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Imotek

Imotek is a guest general for my army. I don't intend on using him every game. I wanted to stay true to the Imotek colour scheme and paint within my ability (darned you airbrush users and people with patience to do 5 layers of painting... Paz!)

Imotek counts on the tombworld of Athanos to crush any of his opponents.

Overlord Asrape

This Overlord, Asrape (for you Greek God enthusists) really showcases the overall colour palette of my Necrons. Red and Bronze. Asrape is one of the guardians of lightning on the Necron tomb world of Athanos.

Anyway, that's kinda where I'm at. I'm still working on my Barge, I'll post pic's when I'm done.

Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Some Painted 'Crons  Imotek & Overlord Empty Re: Some Painted 'Crons Imotek & Overlord

Post  Timbo Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:50 pm

Both look really good as usual. When do I get a chance to kill them?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Some Painted 'Crons  Imotek & Overlord Empty Re: Some Painted 'Crons Imotek & Overlord

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:08 pm

Timbo wrote:Both look really good as usual. When do I get a chance to kill them?

Almost any evening /weekend :-) This weekend might be tough, but I can check with Sara (stuff on Saturday and haircuts for all 6 of us on Sunday).
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Annihilation Barge

This is still work in progress. I need to do about 3 more coats of red and a fair amount of detail. I expect I'll sink another 2-3 hours into this puppy.

Edit: fixed link...
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:00 pm

It's cool that you're putting extra work into your characters. If you really want smooth transitions I'd start thinning your paint with water (1:1 is a fine place to start). GW washes are the cats ass for blending as well. If you thinned a little thraka green around 1:1 and applied a thin layer every now and again as you paint the blades I think you'd be pretty pleased with the result. It takes a little more time but the extra effort might really pay off for you on the table. Keep it up!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:35 am

Thanks Scott. That sounds way smarter than what I've been doing :-). I'll give that a go on my Praetorians void blades.

I suspect I'll want a Command Barge at some point, so I'll have a fresh Lord to paint. Bronte maybe? I'm running out of applicable Greek pantheon.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:57 am

Emily or Charlotte?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Timbo wrote:Emily or Charlotte?

Bronte-saurus was a good one. Big bastard.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:12 pm

ScottRadom wrote:
Timbo wrote:Emily or Charlotte?

Bronte-saurus was a good one. Big bastard.

Who put the Thunder in Thunder lizard? Bronte baby. :-)

Ironically... The brontosaurus isn't a real dinosaur, it was a mistake when putting together a couple different dino's
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:30 pm

So Fred wasn't eating bronto burgers? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAnEiH_B5I
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down