Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your introduction in this topic

+22
master of the deathwing
sewerstalker
Freezingoon
jhare
stealth992
Timbo
smackman
kerr_matt80
Matthew G
Cjihad
ScottRadom
Veyure
Mr Anderson
littlehurc
Paz
Gulsnick
ice
Guardian Angel
gluvzer
System Commander
Nordius Rex
Administratum
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Post your introduction in this topic - Page 4 Empty Re: Post your introduction in this topic

Post  System Commander Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:22 am

Hey Reagan, welcome to the boards! Sorry it took awhile to authorize, I completely missed the activiation notice.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post your introduction in this topic - Page 4 Empty Re: Post your introduction in this topic

Post  master of the deathwing Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:12 pm

Terran wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Reagan. Some of you may have met me around the den recently, as I have started playing games there with a buddy. Still somewhat green with 40k, I have two decent sized armies: Eldar (which I use) and Orks (which I don't). Anyway, I will probably start creeping around the Den Wednesday evenings when I am not working. Very Happy
welcome to the warp
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Viserion Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Hello all My name is Mike. I stopped playing Fantasy and 40k a couple of years ago due to the amount of Gouda in the local player population, but now I figure I'm in a new town so i might as well give it another go.
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:02 pm

Viserion wrote:Hello all My name is Mike. I stopped playing Fantasy and 40k a couple of years ago due to the amount of Gouda in the local player population, but now I figure I'm in a new town so i might as well give it another go.
Welcome, hope to see you down there some time.
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:10 pm

Heya Mike, welcome to the boards. Which city are you coming from?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Viserion Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Moved from B.C. (Penticton) last September to the Buchannan/Canora area but since the only jobs out there are farm and Pig farm, moved into S'toon in May.
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:30 pm

Welcome to Toon town. What army (armies?) do you play?
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Viserion Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:54 pm

They were a tankless (no money back then either) Iron Warriors force, between 1500 - 2000 pts. Problem is I don't have the new Codex and am relying on Army Builder for my info right now. And Speaking of tanks, if anyone knows of or has a CSM Rhino or 2 kicking around they don't use I'd like to pick a couple up on the cheap side. I'm not wanting to spend a lot of money on this right away if i'm not going to be interested enough to stick with the hobby. I guess getting a couple of games in will get that issue sorted out.
Viserion
Viserion
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Eric. Playing some crazy Guard.

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Welcome eric. i'm rhett
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post your introduction in this topic - Page 4 Empty hey

Post  TheRanger Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:41 pm

Hye guys i am riley, i am newto 40k, i am deciding between black templars and blood angles

TheRanger
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:58 am

Welcome Riley! Another option that you might want to consider if you are into an assault based marine army would be space wolves. They get a new codex any day now... if its not out already. They are rumored to be pretty good. I have always had a thing for black templars, but black is a really hard color to paint if you want to do highlights and such. Blood angels might be the least effective of the 2 you are thinking of. If you like their fluff then go for it, but the codex is not supposed to be great.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Hey everyone. Real name's Jared, I got a tau army from a friend a while ago and I'm getting it painted up now, and am looking forward to trying it out in some games. I'm hoping to swing by the den on Sunday for the paint-day, learn some more techniques and such (the modeling side of the hobby really interests me, as well as the strategy gaming.)

Here's a pic of the five FW I've got painted so far:

Post your introduction in this topic - Page 4 Img1636b

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Welcome Jared. Im not sure who is putting on the paint day, but im sure it will be a good place to pick up some tips. Having said that, your painting looks pretty damn good for a noob =D

If you want to continue updating your work as you progress it would be nice if you could start up a blog, or post your pictures in our modeling section.

If you want to meet the rest of the guys, and get some tips on game play, your best bet would be to stop by the den on wed night, which is our league night. Im not sure if there will actually be anyone who plays 40k there on sunday.. but im kinda out of the loop.

Again, welcome.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:32 pm

Welcome Jared, hope to see you down there some times.

BTW painting looks pretty good. Keep it up!
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Hey Jared, hope to see you down on Sunday. I'll be there, as will Jhare (james) here as well, for some 40k to the max painting!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:16 am

hey guys im a 40k player froom way back like 1999 im moving to saskatoon in december and have already been to the den and talked to darren and dropped 200 bucks while there haha but interested in getting some games in down at the store im by no means a veteran i fell off the game about 5 years ago and am just getting back into it ill see you guys at the store hopefully

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:13 am

evilsuns10=Josh
I play chaos space marines and orks
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:49 am

About time you posted up your name. Though im not sure i need to say it, welcome.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Thanks sorry i just noticed this.
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:42 am

Yes, nice to have you Josh. I hope you have good luck with those Khorne dudes. I'm looking forward to see what you're going to do with that old Blood Slaughterer model!
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  evilsuns10 Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:44 am

Yeah i havnt really decided what to do wiht it..
evilsuns10
evilsuns10
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:52 am

I think forge world makes a blood slaughterer model now. Maybe they have some rules for it.
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4