Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming League Format

+6
Veyure
Terran
ice
smackman
Paz
System Commander
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How do you want the next league run?

Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]
Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_lcap44%Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 11 ]
Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

Upcoming League Format - Page 3 Empty Re: Upcoming League Format

Post  System Commander Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:22 am

Even the new templatr book does eh? Thats prett dumb.

Anyway, I will definitely keep the restriction of no special character allowed. The 40K in a Flash type games are supposed to simulate a scouting mission type of engagement. Having Abaddon leading around a few groups of chaos marines seems pretty dumb. I like to still encourage though "imagine a scout force for your army" look at things.

For my flash lists, I'll typically take a few squads in rhinos, usually supported with some bikes.

Im not convinced on the 3 wound characters though. I played a few flash games last year with a new player.. and he only had the standard space marine captain. So even with 3+ save and the Iron Halo, the guy still tore through my army pretty much alone. Mind you, I had 5 berserkers charge him including one with a power weapon.. that didnt kill him. Thats the thing about the smaller point I find fun.. although I can see why alot of peple wouldn't. Every single model is important, and every dice roll is as well. One bad round of rolls like that, and the game is lost.

You definitely have to understand before the flash games you'll probably lose some games on the dice. I still like using them as buildup though, it fun to have your force built up at the league goes on. It's also not a bad way to start a new army, as 500-70 usually isnt that big of an investment, and the base models are usally pretty cheap.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:41 pm

Are we going to be sticking with the same army for the league?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:45 pm

System Commander wrote:
Im not convinced on the 3 wound characters though. I played a few flash games last year with a new player.. and he only had the standard space marine captain. So even with 3+ save and the Iron Halo, the guy still tore through my army pretty much alone.

I agree with that statement robyn, so do you think allowing warriors as 3 wound troops would be okay, and not HQs? Warriors are really the synapse backbone of most forces, and are way more common in nid armies, than the zoanthrope. I don't really wanna havta go out and buy a bunch of $25 models to keep my termagants from running to the hills.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:11 am

System Commander wrote:
Anyway, I will definitely keep the restriction of no special character allowed. The 40K in a Flash type games are supposed to simulate a scouting mission type of engagement. Having Abaddon leading around a few groups of chaos marines seems pretty dumb. I like to still encourage though "imagine a scout force for your army" look at things.
The competitive player goes "aww, shucks". but the fluff part of me goes "rofl". HAY GUYZ WE NEEDS ADABON TO LEED R SCOUTZ!

Man how badly do they have to suck to bring the big boss around Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 am

Exactly!

Sly marbo, who's relatively cheap character wise, could do a heap of damage in a small point game.

I'm sure we could go on with more examples, but I think everyone gets the point. I'm thinking the warriors though shouldn't be a problem. I never received a Nid book, since the Grey Knight program went away and I dont get my free codexes anymore.. Sad Although Ive still ben receiving a free white dwarf every month. Warriors went up to three wounds, but Im still guessing str and tough 4 with a 4+ armour.. then the usual selection of varied options? I think I als heard synapse doesnt prevent insta death anymore, so a power fist would be big trouble? Or maybe they're toughness 5 now? Sorry dudes, I havent played the new nids yet.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 am

I'll fire you off a PM with their stats, let you decide. was gonna post, but no point, really.

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:54 am

they've always been 3 wounds. and synapse does not prevent insta death. Thats how i was able to kill a trygon with5 wounds left using my aspiring sorc with force weapon in one wound. hehe it was awesome. warriors are tough 4 but im not sure on the armour.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 am

Ahh, for some reason I thought they were 2 wounds in the previous codex.

I got Alex's stats block and rules and I really have no problem with nids taking warriors, I think its pretty much a neccessity.

Im trying to think of other stuff that would unbalance a smalll point game in terms of multi wound models, and the only thing I can think of that arent HQ are things like Daemon Prince and Wraithlords... most are monstorus creatures. So, I m thinking of changing the rules to no 3 wound HQ choices, special characters, or monstrous creatures. Does anyone see anything wrong with this for a 500-750 game or exampls im overlooking?

The vehicle armour restrictions would still stand though..

On the other side, we could take restrictions off completely. A 500 point army consisting of a land raider and 5 terminators would be fun.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:10 am

System Commander wrote:Ahh, for some reason I thought they were 2 wounds in the previous codex.
They were 2 wounds a piece, partly why they are much stronger now.

I like the newer restrictions much more than before, as long as the FOC ones don't exist with them.

EDIT: Oh, I think the 3 wound thing should be "if you can take a lesser wound model". Necrons only have 3 HQ choices, all of which are 3+ wounds. A lord with a res orb is pretty much a requirement for 'crons, and it's not like he himself is super killy. not that it matters that much, I don't think anyone will be using necrons. lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:45 pm

Robyn= cool beans!

Greg= Wrong, they were 2 wounds in the old codex.

HC= Res. orb is good, but not required.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guardian Angel Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:22 pm

I would be cool with removing all the limits on a 500/750 point game.....but keeping a NORMAL Force Org chart (i.e. 2 troops and 1 HQ required). I think leaving in this requirement would help limit the insanity.....maybe....but I am sure someone could break it.

As an aside, I would like to be able to play multiple armies during the league. I think we should go with the same idea as was kicking around last league....you have to challenge with your main army, but you are allowed to accept a challenge with any army.
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:47 pm

If we go to the old format, we'll scrap the army requirements like we did before.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:51 pm

I like the FOC restriction. Eliminating the unit restrictions i cant find a reason to oppose, as long as the FOC is restricted. the appeal of a escalation for me is the theme idea that you are escalating from a "scout force" to a battle company. makes it campaign feely.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3