Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming League Format

+6
Veyure
Terran
ice
smackman
Paz
System Commander
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How do you want the next league run?

Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]
Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 11 ]
Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

Upcoming League Format - Page 2 Empty Re: Upcoming League Format

Post  Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:56 pm

can i change my vote

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:30 pm

not unless it's changing it to vote for option 3 as all polls clearly state, vote once unless you agree with Tom.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:30 pm

smackman wrote:not unless it's changing it to vote for option 3 as all polls clearly state, vote once unless you agree with Tom.

actully i do agree with tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Paz wrote:Canadin= correct and correct, that is how we played it last time. Means though that nids now can pretty much only use genestealers, as all synapse are now 3 wounds...
affraid ROFL, that had never occurred to me before. that is sheer gold.

So are those rules going to be changed, dumped, or... because that's just... silly. It means Tyranids are completely useless until the "40K in a flash" rules magically go away.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:16 pm

holycause= it is true, nids are at a big ol' disadvantage. We will need to have some sort of special exclusion, or everyone can use 3 wound'ers, or some such. Neutral Either way it unbalances 40k in a flash.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:22 am

w/e every army gets tromped mercillessly under the boots and killa kans of my extremely killy orks at low points value so just suck it up and lose to me for 3 weeks Very Happy
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:59 am

Ah, but you see, lots of pure genestealers will rock ppl. But it makes for a fairly lame game, and not every Tyranid player has that 'stealers. I will try, and mabye get some ymgarls in the there as well, but every other autonomous unit is 3 wounds (autonomous in the sense of not needing brood telepathy). So its either genestealers, ymgarls, raging hormagants, scardy-cat gants and hive guard... or... well, thats it. Rippers are out as well, they actually take wounds for every turn out of synapse.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:12 am

hmm, I forgot something. Zoanthropes are 2 wound synapse creatures. So tyranids aren't as bad as one thought, but it's still pretty silly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 am

Hmm, you are right. Can you take a 3+ inv. in 40k in a flash? I can't remember...
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  littlehurc Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:36 am

Does not say anything about 3+ inv, all it says is that there is no 2+ armour allowed.
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Tough thing is you only get 1 heavy or fast or elite, so being forced to take the zoanthrope drops any other choices except guants and such.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Here i thought that tau had it bad, lol. Ethereal being the only hq they could bring , and ethereals imo are not worth their points. Sigh
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Ethereals are definitely a bad choice. I've played against ethereals about three times since the Tau codex came out, and even in the old edition it was tough to keep that guy alive if your opponnet really to gun for him. With this edition, he'd be dead very, very fast.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:12 pm

So Robyn, whats your thoughts on the tyranids for 40k in a flash?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:39 pm

I was just letting the discussion happen. I was hoping if I left it long enough, you guys would realize it would be ok.. Smile

Well, it's actually getting a bit tougher and tougher to adhere to the original 40k in a flash rules, so we might have to scrap them all together. It was really good when all the books also had 2 wound hq choices, but those have mostly been done away with as well.

Warriors dont give synapse anymore I take it?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:02 pm

They do. But warriors are 3 wound models, thus making them invalid choices with 40k in a Flash.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if some of the vehicle restrictions stayed in play. As for banning 3 wound models, well, the majority consensus can decide.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:25 pm

I have a suggestion which may work - change the 40K in a flash rules, just say that the 2 wounds thing doesn't apply to your 1 HQ choice? Wouldn't that solve the problem most people are having with it? Everyone can now take an HQ choice, and tyranids can get some HQ synapse.
I don't think a single 3+ wound model (Which is also the army's LEADER and thus SHOULD be big/powerful/imposing) will unbalance the low-point games.

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:32 pm

You don't think a hive tyrant will eat the couple units of guardians, guard, even marines? or maybe someone will take logan grimnar, or maybe ahriman. all these things are destructive in a small game and im sure people won't hesitate to take them. Even a chaos lord geared correctly is a powerhouse. I think for small games there should be a limit to upper tier units. flash rules are good imo, only thing i can think of is maybe play without the synapse penalty for nids. or people can play with zoanthropes, which are also pretty good. takes a lot to waste em.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:42 pm

just make a list that shows exeptins

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:27 am

I say go with the rulebook and remove the restrictions.

I'm told by a friend that 40K in a flash comes from the 4th edition rulebook; already I think that alone seals its deprecation. Imagine trying to integrate other scenarios/rules from an older rulebook (to hit long/short, shudder). Not pretty.

Making a list of "thou shalt not have these!" will only complicate things exponentially.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:59 am

How about 3 wound troops being allowed? There should be restrictions, mostly for Matt K, but if troops that are 3 wounds are allowed, it allows warriors for synapse (that can be insta'd with s8 by the by) for nids, but stops the use of ubers, such as the parasite, a very powerful unit in low point games, as I have come to learn. As far as I know. Warriors are not uber, but are really integral to none Stealer spam Tyranid armies.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:03 am

Veyure wrote:You don't think a hive tyrant will eat the couple units of guardians, guard, even marines? or maybe someone will take logan grimnar, or maybe ahriman. all these things are destructive in a small game and im sure people won't hesitate to take them. Even a chaos lord geared correctly is a powerhouse. I think for small games there should be a limit to upper tier units. flash rules are good imo, only thing i can think of is maybe play without the synapse penalty for nids. or people can play with zoanthropes, which are also pretty good. takes a lot to waste em.

Don't most special characters have a restriction? like "you may take X in any army of 1500 points or more"? Or is that just inquisition?

HolyCause wrote:I say go with the rulebook and remove the restrictions.

hrm.. I gotta agree with Veyure in part here, upper tier units like High AV tanks and uber-monstrous creatures can be very difficult to deal with at lower points costs. Granted my army's got the firepower to do it, but what about armies that can't get heavy weapons so easily at 500/750? I still think we should have SOME of said units allowed, but not sure how we would go about deciding what's 'balanced enough' and what isn't.

*EDIT: Lol Paz just posted the same thing I was going to say, we could just up it from 2 wounds to 3 wounds.

Also, warriors ARE uber... IF you can't insta-kill them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:15 am

i can agree with 3 wound troop choices. other than nids, i don't know of any other armies that have em.

@Jim: Since the eldar i don't think there has been a point restrction on special characters. they even removed the "Must have opponents permission" clause too.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 am

Yeah, all those game point requirements are only in the older codexes, which should just be Daemonhunters, Necrons and Darl Eldar now. I think even the Witchunters took those point requirements off.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:10 am

Inquisition still have the points requirements, same thing with Tau and Black Templar (all 1 500+)

Necrons, and Dark Eldar do not have requirements for their special characters, same thing goes for everyone else iirc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next