Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D weapons and re-roll "to wound/armor pen"

5 posters

Go down

D weapons and re-roll "to wound/armor pen" Empty D weapons and re-roll "to wound/armor pen"

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Alright here is a goober for ya.

Model attacking with a D weapon has a way to re-roll their failed to wound rolls or armor penetration rolls. Would this include rolling a 1 on the D chart? Or since technically rolling on the D chart isn't rolling to wound/pen they don't get a re-roll? I'm torn 50/50.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

D weapons and re-roll "to wound/armor pen" Empty Re: D weapons and re-roll "to wound/armor pen"

Post  System Commander Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:20 pm

I would be in the D chart not being a to wound or pen roll.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

D weapons and re-roll "to wound/armor pen" Empty Re: D weapons and re-roll "to wound/armor pen"

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:25 pm

I agree with Robyn, and site that rending doesn't get AP2 for pen, because it's not explicitly a 'Pen' roll. D doesn't get a re-roll because you aren't rolling to wound or pen.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Fair enough!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:14 pm

depends on the situation; what's the model, and what's the weapon? because Imperial Knights have wargear/special rules that allow it;

warlord trait table result 2: Favoured of the Omnissiah - choose a weapon on the warlord and it becomes master-crafted. ~pg 114

Heirlooms of the Knightly Houses - The Paragon Gauntlet - master-crafted Thunderstrike Gauntlet, 15pts ~pg 118

if a D melee weapon like the thunderstrike gauntlet comes as a master-crafted relic variant, then i'd say yes; you can re-roll the D table results if a rule allows it.  He could always roll a 1 the second time around too. It's no less annoying than models that get those 2+ re-rollable armour/invul saves, but it's there in the rules and they give them the possibility to field it that way.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:36 pm

But doesnt a master crafted D-fist just allow a single reroll to hit? Then one would roll on the D table
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:58 pm

my mistake, i hadn't double checked the master-crafted rule; i thought it was a single re-roll wound, not hit.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down