Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Nids Good or Bad?

4 posters

Go down

'Nids Good or Bad? Empty 'Nids Good or Bad?

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Anyone manage to get many games in with the new bugs?

A lot of what I've seen lately is anecdotal evidence. Wonder how the people around here are doing (since our "meta" is different than a lot of other ones out their).
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

'Nids Good or Bad? Empty Re: 'Nids Good or Bad?

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:11 pm

nid stuff hit today. some of it not bad, too Terrain dependant. But, its something at least.  looks like the first of many if they are going to name it Rising Leviathan I

action: Tyranids

FORMATION
A Lictor Forest Brood Formation consists of the following units:

• 1 Lictor Forest Brood
FORMATION RESTRICTIONS
The Lictor Forest Brood contains 5 Lictors. All models in this formation are a single brood, even though this is a larger number of models than is normally allowed in a single Lictor brood.

FORMATION SPECIAL RULES
Deadly Fruit: Models from this Formation that are within a Forest have the Shrouded special rule instead of the Stealth special rule. In addition, models from this Formation that are deployed within a Forest using the Infiltrate special rule can be set up within 6" of an enemy model.

(terrain dependant, shrouded in forests? probably not my first choice, but the threat of deploying 6 inches away from the enemy with a 3+ cover save seems good.. if your going to take lictors.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Faction: Tyranids

FORMATION
A Manufactorum Genestealers Formation consists of the following units:
• 5 Genestealer Broods
FORMATION RESTRICTIONS
Manufactorum Genestealer Broods may not include additional Genestealers.

FORMATION SPECIAL RULES
Hit & Run.
Unsuspected: Models from this Formation that are deployed within a Building or Ruins using the Infiltrate special rule can be set up within 6" of an enemy model

(terrain dependant.. see comments below, but still, hit and run is always a good thing to have, for free)
~~~~~~~~~~~

FORMATION
A Deathleaper’s Assassin Brood consists of the following units:
• Deathleaper
• 5 Lictor Broods
FORMATION RESTRICTIONS
The Lictor Broods in this Formation are individual units each consisting of a single model.

FORMATION SPECIAL RULES
Preferred Enemy (Character and Independent Character).
Paranoia and Ill Discipline: Any enemy unit within 12" of one or more models from this Formation suffers a -1 penalty to their Leadership characteristic.

deathleaper's -d3 on top of -1ld on top of shadow in the warp, plus prefered enemy Characters... can really shut down a libby
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FORMATION
A Broodlord’s Hunting Pack consists of the following units:
• 3 Genestealer Broods
FORMATION RESTRICTIONS
One Genestealer Brood must include a Broodlord. Only one Broodlord can be taken in the Formation.

FORMATION SPECIAL RULES
Hidden Beneath the City: Units from this Formation that arrive from Reserve can be set up in an unoccupied Building. Alternatively, they can be set up in Ruins terrain, as long as they are set up more than 6" away from any enemy models.
Hunting Pack: Select an enemy unit when the Broodlord from this Formation is deployed. All models from this Formation have the Preferred Enemy special rule against models from the nominated enemy unit.

Terrain dependant... but we usually use a bunch of ruins in most games? really hamstrings a guy who deploys all in transports... do you really want to leave those ruins un-attended? defining where your opponent has to deploy to defend his backfield seems good to me...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FORMATION
A Gargoyle Bio-bomb Formation consists of the following units:
• 3 Spore Mine Clusters
• 3 Gargoyle Broods
FORMATION RESTRICTIONS
None.

FORMATION SPECIAL RULES
Wings of Death: If a Spore Mine Cluster from this Formation starts a move (including a Run or charge move) within 6" of a Gargoyle unit from this Formation, then the Spore Mine Cluster can move 6" if it is the Movement phase, and does not halve the distance rolled if it Runs or charges.

(i think this one is cool, don't know if its usefull.. but its cool Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:14 pm

going second and charging out of infiltrate on your first player turn seems like a good thing... if you survive your enemies alpha strike. also munitorium geenstealers says no addition Geenstealers, it doesn't mention broodlords, so.. yeah?
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Of course this big post happens while I'm typing up my own over the the Rumors and sneak peaks.

Of note with the forest one: within 6", not up to 6" away. You have a really tight bubble with which to hug your target with. If you go second and the brood survives, that charge IS happening.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:25 pm

i think thats a typo/error.

but thats just me.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Pretty sure that's the case, but on the other hand, it doesn't follow the grammar of the rule it's modifying. It would have been easy for them to do a copy/paste and simply change 18" to 6".
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:12 pm

If it looks like a typo, it probably is. Especially if all the other ones are 6 away
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Something else just came up in a different BTP BatRep concerning the Tyranid Prime: the fact that you can just bury him in a squad of 30 Gaunts as a means of protecting your synapse. 30 extra ablative wounds that can be backed up by a Venomthrope for a buffed cover save could arguably make it the most durable form of Synapse in the codex.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:47 pm

I suppose? I dunno, that seems like a lot of points to tie up. Especially with a lot of tourney lists packing ways to snipe (either through precision shots/barrage). Although depending on Meta it could be pretty niffty.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down