Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T8 Giant Wraithlord with It Will not Die and other Eldar Rumours

+5
Planes
Paz
Aegwymourn
GingerBalls
Lore Weaver
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

T8 Giant Wraithlord with It Will not Die and other Eldar Rumours Empty T8 Giant Wraithlord with It Will not Die and other Eldar Rumours

Post  Lore Weaver Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 am

From Blood of Kittens.

===

Well I have bunch of hunches on what you can expect to see from the new Eldar codex...

Universal Fleet including the Avatar. The Wraith stuff though won't have fleet.
Old independent character special rules moved to Warlord Traits
Jet Bikes moved back to Fast Attack (IC to unlock to troops)
Eldar psychic powers nerfed: some powers disappearing, random table, focus on witchfire
Warlocks can only use Eldar specific psychic powers
Runes of Warding Nerfed: No longer board wide
Farseer 2 wounds
Eldrad Mastery Level 4, Staff of Ulthamar similar to Ahirman staff
Almost all Phoenix Lords lose Eternal Warrior have cost reductions
Exarch's must be included in all Aspects units. (Sergeant Character)
Don't expect many changes with the Aspect warriors just cleaning up old rules and such
Dark Reapers, Swooping Hawks, and Banshees see the biggest cost drops and anti-flyer additions
Guardians 7 points a piece
Vehicles will have either no cost reduction of very minor reduction (5pts) with Vypers benefiting the most
Vehicles come stock with shuriken cannons vehicle savings come with cheaper weapon upgrades and wargear
Eldar Flyers first to get Vector Dancer (minus Forge World of course)
Don't be surprised to see Giant Wraithlord with T8 and Will not Die
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

T8 Giant Wraithlord with It Will not Die and other Eldar Rumours Empty Re: T8 Giant Wraithlord with It Will not Die and other Eldar Rumours

Post  Lore Weaver Thu May 16, 2013 9:10 am

Big Wraithlord is called a "Wraith Knight"

There will be a close-combat varient of the Wraithguard (mmmm tasty)

The Eldar Flyer supposedly looks like.... well, you'll see.

Lots of new janky stuff for the fliers, but I'm betting balance is on-par with the Nephilim.

It's a Phil Kelly codex. I'm going to say this.... Look closely at the Chaos book, apply some of that design principle to the Eldar book (minus the "chaotic" random tables).

At least guardians are 7 points, they should probably be 6 though, they compare unfavourably to an Ork boy.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

T8 Giant Wraithlord with It Will not Die and other Eldar Rumours Empty Re: T8 Giant Wraithlord with It Will not Die and other Eldar Rumours

Post  GingerBalls Thu May 16, 2013 1:24 pm

I don't know man, I just... I don't know.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Seems cool. But I am always skeptic of the rumour mill.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Look how much was wrong on the Tau rumors. Meh its fun to wishlist, but honestly have to wait for the 'dex to drop.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 pm

It even says its a guess, not a rumor. I call bullshit.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 am

Photos are starting to float around now, it seems. If they are to be believed, this would seem to indicate T-3 weeks until this codex (and a half!) hits shelves. Should also mean GW will start drumming up their own coverage in around a week.

T8 Giant Wraithlord with It Will not Die and other Eldar Rumours 1368969511618_by_planes-d65sypr
T8 Giant Wraithlord with It Will not Die and other Eldar Rumours 1368971102313_by_planes-d65sz4u
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun May 19, 2013 11:07 am

Codex Eldar supplement......

This is either the best idea they've had since eye of terror.....

Or the worst.

If this leads to kroot mercs, genestealer cults, yeah! If this is $40 for 3 bad missions and some reprinted fluff.... Boo urns
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun May 19, 2013 11:11 am

I can't say I'm terribly familiar with Eye of Terror, aside from the warp storm by the same name.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 am

Was a world wide campaign GW did in 3rd? edition. Was pretty awesome. Generally when they did something like that the would release a mini-dex containing a number of off-shoot army lists (when they did armageddon they had BT/Speed Freaks/Steel legion). The lame thing is that I have always liked Iyeden but just dumped all my hobby money on Tau stuff Evil or Very Mad
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun May 19, 2013 12:08 pm

Ah, makes sense. Funny thing is that in that issue of White Dwarf I won, they had coverage of Codex: Armageddon.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sun May 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Interesting note, June 8th happens to be the same day as a Fantasy tourney down at the Den. Rather nice timing, all things considered.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Mon May 20, 2013 2:30 am

Now June 8th is an even more special day!!
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Mon May 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Maybe then when Tyranids get their codex, they can have a monster with T8 and an invul save for cheaper than the current price of a loaded up Carnifex.

I didn't think so either.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon May 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Tyranid book is supposed to hit later this year or early next, and they're supposedly bringing in the Dominatrix.... which will be your T8 beast... or T9.... or have like 10 wounds.... it'll be dumb.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Mon May 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Actually that doesn't excite me unless they make him as underpriced as some of this other stuff. That sounds too Apoclypse to me.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon May 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Termagant wrote:Maybe then when Tyranids get their codex, they can have a monster with T8 and an invul save for cheaper than the current price of a loaded up Carnifex.

T6 with 5 wounds and a 2+ doesnt float your boat? Also, isnt the above pretty much the existing Wraithlord? all it's missing is the Invul and it starts at 90...

I'd cry for you, but Im not done lamenting my 180 point anti-flyer flyer with one shot higher than Str 6....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue May 21, 2013 8:29 am

Roland wrote:
Termagant wrote:Maybe then when Tyranids get their codex, they can have a monster with T8 and an invul save for cheaper than the current price of a loaded up Carnifex.

T6 with 5 wounds and a 2+ doesnt float your boat? Also, isnt the above pretty much the existing Wraithlord? all it's missing is the Invul and it starts at 90...

I'd cry for you, but Im not done lamenting my 180 point anti-flyer flyer with one shot higher than Str 6....

LOL Beau! I still like the Nephilim You should give it the 'ol try in a few more games.
=====

Scott, the new hotness is usually quite good... Being how excited everyone is about the Dominatrix, I'd be shocked if it wasn't the new Trygon. (Look, I'm cheaper and better than a Carnifex)

=====

On Eldar stuff, one of the rumours I read was that it's not that you make aspects troops, but you can make aspects scoring. This, combined with 7 point guardians, could make for some interesting Eldar lists. One day, I'll have to dust off my Biel-Tan project.

I wonder what they'll do with Harlequins, hasn't been much said about them.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue May 21, 2013 9:37 am

the couple games i jumped my bikers to 2000pts, i usually field 2 jet fighters, and they do alright. they both survive all game, so that's +1 against the storm talons. the weapons are a little weak, but that just forces you to think over what to go after with them. they do good against entrenched marines, blobs of open ground infantry, drop pods, rhinos, razorbacks; they love blood claws and long fangs for snack time. and in pairs, they can even give terminators a hard time.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 am

Which T6 and 5 wound model with a 2+ save for 90 points are you referring to I have no such models in my codex

Roland wrote:

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue May 21, 2013 11:57 am

The first half was referring to Tervigons/fexes. Which you need AP1 to deny armor, and are dealing a single wound.

The second half was referring to the existing wraithlord.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Tue May 21, 2013 1:39 pm

Okay. Just in case there was some confusion, Tervigon starts at 160 and Carnifex too. Neither have 2+ armour. They have 3+. Tervigon has 6 wounds but only 3 attacks at S 5 and WS 3. Carnifex has 4 wounds only.

Roland wrote:The first half was referring to Tervigons/fexes. Which you need AP1 to deny armor, and are dealing a single wound.

The second half was referring to the existing wraithlord.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue May 21, 2013 2:17 pm

Hmmm i stand corrected. I could have sworn they were 2+.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Termagant Tue May 21, 2013 2:32 pm

No, the Hive Tyrant has an upgrade option to pay an extra 40 points to change his save to 2+. He also starts at 160. He only has 4 wounds and no invul.

The only 2+ save I have is the Tyrannofex, and he starts at 250.

Though the Nid codex can still compete, it is severely outdated as compared to Chaos monsters and none of mine have invuls or even an option to buy one.

Termagant
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue May 21, 2013 3:03 pm

I think the closest thing they get is the FnP power the Tervigon can cast, yes? The Swarmlord is the only thing that comes to mind in that codex with an invuln, and it's melee only.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next