Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Playoffs - Spring/Summer edition

+7
Spamus Eatus
Termagant
Dom.0
Lore Weaver
Roland
Planes
System Commander
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

League Playoffs - Spring/Summer edition - Page 3 Empty Re: League Playoffs - Spring/Summer edition

Post  Deadlytoaster Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Hey so id like to sign up for the league when it starts up again, do i just go in and pony up my 5 bucks and its good to go? Also is there going to be a night established for the league at some point? because i personally think it would be a good idea.

And lastly are we going to use 6th in its entirety? Like allies and all that? i have been reading through it and there hasnt been any red alarms raised in my opinion so to me it looks fine as is.
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

League Playoffs - Spring/Summer edition - Page 3 Empty Re: League Playoffs - Spring/Summer edition

Post  Planes Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:12 pm

From everything I've heard, a new league is going to take a while to boot up, largely because of summer and vacations and such. There is a 6th Ed tourney tentatively slated for after the summer, though. I'm personally hoping that White Dwarf will give us some non-imperium fortification choices for it.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Im guessing maybe about a month or so we'll start the league up.

Itll be 6th in its entirety.. We:ll just deal with any crazy crazy problems as they come up.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

League Playoffs - Spring/Summer edition - Page 3 Empty Fairwell to 5th

Post  System Commander Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:24 pm

What im assuming will be thw last game of 5th edition will be played between myself and mark.. Good luck man!

Im hoping all the 6th edition new thinking and tactics has you befuddled.. !

Ps - let me know if you need to bring anything.. Terrain wise.. Ive got buildings, craters, walls, barricsdes... All that sort of stuff.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:55 pm

If it's pouring rain when you get here, come to the door first and I'll grab my big umbrella.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Planes wrote:From everything I've heard, a new league is going to take a while to boot up, largely because of summer and vacations and such. There is a 6th Ed tourney tentatively slated for after the summer, though. I'm personally hoping that White Dwarf will give us some non-imperium fortification choices for it.

If you want to model something suitable, i dont have any problem with allowing Orky Walls of Random Trash (Aegis defense lines)
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:23 am

Me and Mark were able to usher 5th edition out with style. There were a couple very important rolls that could of shifted the game the other way, but the Grey Knights were able to pull it out with alot of Terminator saves and a critical Mindshackle roll.

I know one thing, Necrons vehicles are a pain in the ass to kill now, 6th is gonna strengthen that up..

Thanks for the great game Mark, and the much appreciated beer during play. Thinking back, I did have my henchmen unit in the game against Dom, but completly forgot to field them against Ben.

And.. I did it without buying psycho grenades.. although the rad grenades were unbelievably useful.

Alright, on to to 6th edition! I think we'll start the league up in about 3 weeks.. want to keep everyones new edition excitement up.. but give everyone a few weeks break for summer and to get read up.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:04 am

So first week of Aug roughly?

A slight suggestion... it might save some time if one player rolls for deployment and the other for mission WHEN THE GAME IS ARRANGED ONLINE. That way whoever shows first can begin setting up terrain etc right away rather than waiting for the second player to show and begin rolling.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:19 am

Is setting up terrain that diffeeent?

I read the d3 rule but alsonsaw the regular version where one person sets up then you just tweak it till both are happt?

Maybe im missing something though?

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:35 am

Roll for mission, roll for deployment
then deploy fort., if any
then you start setting up terrain, alternating
tweak if needed.

The interntion (they go thru it in the setup terrain section) is that since both players know the mission and deployment, they can place the terrain to their benefit and to increase the "narritive" feel. My feeling is with all the dice rolling (mission, deployment, once for each 4 sq ft of table, then warlord abilitys, THEN roll off for first turn...) it's a bit much.

Roll mission and deployment as soon as the game is set up. First player to show deploys terrain and any fort he has. Second player arrives and deploys his fort and makes any tweaks.

Given that most of the forticifications are either gonna be Aegis lines or Bastions (anyone besides Dan and me have a Fortress? Any actually gonna take one regualrly?) they'll be easy to work around.

Maybe its just me, when I play @ the Den I like to get started ASAP. I can see setup drawing out to 30 min with the new system.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:42 am

Im sure i saw an alternative terrain setup.. One person sets it up.. The other makes some tweaks if beeded and your good to go.

Im sure using the old method will work just fine. Everyone usually sets up the tables good and balanced. Thenly hiccup might be forts.. But a piece of terrain can always be just replaced if needed.

After a fw games im sure we'll get it sorted out.. alternating terrain takes forever... You used to have to do it fortasy and mordheim and i didnt like it
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:52 am

I agree about alternating set up, it'll get figured out.

I'm planning to raise a glass to the end of Dawn of War....I think 5out of my last 6 games were DoW.... so glad to see it go.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 am

There's the "Narrative" setup option, which is just "Throw stuff on the table". Which I think makes more sense to our style of play. We're not going to have a tournament where people setup terrain every game. (although, now that I think of it, I think I could feasibly manage those logistics)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:09 am

Roland wrote:I agree about alternating set up, it'll get figured out.

I'm planning to raise a glass to the end of Dawn of War....I think 5out of my last 6 games were DoW.... so glad to see it go.

*cheers*
Amen brother!
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:23 am

I don't see any reason to stray from how its done now.

I'm fairly OCD about making perfect "starcraft mirror" layouts and then giving my opponent the choice of sides.

this whole "forging a narrative" thing takes things a little far.

that being said.
I might pick up a skyshield landing pad. I'm fairly enamored with non-scattering Deepstrikes that can then use the structure as cover. Not to mention obscuring dreadnoughts behind the legs.
The new 3+ reserves rolls make 2nd turn drops quite a bit more common.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3