Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight o-rama

+4
ScottRadom
dusktiger
Spamus Eatus
System Commander
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Grey Knight o-rama Empty Grey Knight o-rama

Post  System Commander Mon May 16, 2011 11:08 pm

Since Ben is posting some progress, I'll see pitiful attempt I can make to maintain a report on my baby steps as well. First, here's what I'm dealing with.

Grey Knight o-rama 26010
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight o-rama Empty Re: Grey Knight o-rama

Post  System Commander Mon May 16, 2011 11:32 pm

What a mess! I've got a rhino and a chimera on the sprue and another unpainted chimera. And, one painted chimera.

Ive got a painted dreadnought I need to turn into an Autocannon toting dread with the guns from the Aegis defense line. I've also got two more sets of the guns, one of which I'll prob use for another dread I'm hoping to get from Scott.

Then, I have an unbuilt Dreadknight, 1 painted Landraider with magnet sponsons which I could turn into a crusader.. and 1 almost painted crusader with magnets and a spare set of lascannon sponsons if needed.

Onto some troops. Ive got 6 terminators painted. 2 have psycannons, 3 halberds and 3 swords. I have one unapinted terminator with a hammer, and Ive got another daemonhammer on the way.

The red guy is librairan from Space Hulk of course.. which I planned on using for my librarian. I was thinking about giving him the staff.. and using to buff other units.. but I might end up trying to make him cheap with a few powers (Shrouding, Sanctuary, Warp rift, Might of Titan) and leave him with the sword.

For troops, Ive currently got 22 grey Knights. 4 have psycannons, 2 incinerators, 2 daemonhammers, 9 halberds, and 5 swords. Ihavent decide what mix of Purifiers/Strike Squads I'm going to have.. I'll have to paly a few games, but I deifnitely want to be able ti field a GM for the grand strtegy and take at elast one unit of purifiers for the cheap halberds.

That leaves the inqusition units. I have an Inqusitor in power armour with a psycannon and a powerfist. This is now illegal since you have to termie armour for a psycannon... so I cant use him anymore unless I switch up some gear. It just ight be time to retire the mini, since a fist is kind useless for an inqusitor anyway. In the past Id use it as a counts as hammerhand power.. but not anymore. I've got a retinue or two familiars, a mystic, sage, and 2 heavy bolter servitors. Also now useless. If I do decide to experiment with the inqusition, I would definitely have to do it with Coteaz.. which explains all the other minis.

I have a mix of a bunch of human mini's I picked up to use as cultists years back befor ethey switched the alpha legion army. After sorting through them, I have about 6 -8 mini's I can feasilbly use a crusaders . Another 4 or so that would decent death cult assassins and a bunch for banishers. I like the make up of 4 crusaders, 4 DCA and 2 banishers hopefully accompanied by the Inqusitor or a techmarine with the grenade loadout. Its a unit that can tkae some hits back, while at the same time delivering a big amount of power weapon attacks.

I also like the idea of having some units consisting of 3 melta carrying warriors, with 5 storm bolter carrying warriors, and 2 monkeys. As well as the 3 MM sevitors, 5 naked warriors, and 2 monkeys.. both units in Chimeras. Not a fan of the mindlock, so havent decided what make-up to go with, but thats far dow the road.. fornw I'm going to focus on the Space Marines and leave the humans out of it.

So that's my working pallette. My first step is to get the autocannons on the dread, another pack of Grey Knights built, and tghe Dreadknight glues together.

Oh, nad I completely forgot about Hector Rex.. sitting in his little forgeworld bag. I had planned onusing him for a stand-in Draigo if I ever decide to give him a try. Not that I'm to cheap to buy the Draigo figure, but for the fact I can't use the mini for anything else.. no one else owns a damn storm shield in the entire book. Plus, he's as big as a space amrine and has a sword.. so matches up perfectly.

I also don't expect anyone to read my ramblings, but at least I have it down in text somewhere now.. Smile Im sure I could of got those autocannons on instead of typing out this fricking novel.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Tue May 17, 2011 7:57 pm

At least you have an Inquisition/Grey Knight army to start from, I have to start from scratch with mine. Fortunately, I have lots of time on my hands as I'm still searching for some summer employment. I'm sure they'll look smexy when all done.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue May 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Spamus Eatus wrote:At least you have an Inquisition/Grey Knight army to start from, I have to start from scratch with mine. Fortunately, I have lots of time on my hands as I'm still searching for some summer employment. I'm sure they'll look smexy when all done.

on the plus side, lack of work means you get to join in on matches in the badab war! Razz
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon May 23, 2011 10:54 am

Progress! Im as surprised myself, but I was able to put together a box of grey knights AND construct a pair of TL autocannons for the dread.. I think the hard part was getting started.. should be easy from here on out..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon May 23, 2011 2:02 pm

Do you still want that FW Dreadnought? 'Cause then you'd be a true pimp!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon May 23, 2011 11:42 pm

I definitely do. I kept asking at the den a few times if you had left anything.. but after a few times I felt bad asking so thought I better stop until I talked to you.

I still need to find you something for it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu May 26, 2011 1:10 am

Alrighty, I got the first five man squad built. Daemonhammer, 2 psycannons and two swords. I had to trim down the hammer a bit though.. I think it looks ridiculously long the way it comes.

As well, I got the TL autocannon arms built for the dread. I trimmed the turret guns up a bit so they were a little closer together and built a shoulder mount for them.

I went to take a picture of them and of course the batteries are dead.. so Ill do that next update. Now, onto tghe Dreadknight. Ive been avoiding him since I havent decided how Im going to get his baby carrier off the front.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight o-rama Empty re o-rama

Post  Commander James of the Ul Fri May 27, 2011 12:33 am

I did see a conversion were a guy used a dreadnought front instead of the "baby carrier"

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri May 27, 2011 1:03 am

pics or it didn't happen..
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight o-rama Empty grey knights orama

Post  Commander James of the Ul Fri May 27, 2011 9:46 pm

gluvzer wrote:pics or it didn't happen..

I saw it on you tube. Just type in Grey Knights battle report. It was an GK vs Ork battle. I think it was 30 GK against 120 boys.... And the GK won... pskchock grenades are worth the points. Yes I could just post the link.... but that won't be fun... mahah.... I apologize if this post is kinda weird but I have been only getting maybe 5 hours of sleep for like 2 weeks zzzzzzz but any way "SC" you should really check it out. Makes the dread knight way cooler looking with a dreadnought front.

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Fri May 27, 2011 10:36 pm

This blog is getting very Stash-esque in it's lack of visual aids. PICS MAN!
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon May 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Okey, some pictures. Here's some defense gun turrets I turned into guns for the dreads. I wanted the barrels a bit closer then they are on the turrets..

Grey Knight o-rama 02710

Grey Knight o-rama 02910

And the Justicar.. trimmed down the hammer a bit. Out of the box it seems really, really big.

Grey Knight o-rama 03910

Thats it for now, but at least I got some work done... and Im no longer in Stash status.. *phew*
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Tue May 31, 2011 2:48 am

Hey, remember the old Rifleman mech for Battletech? That's what your dread looks like.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue May 31, 2011 8:58 am

I think it looks like a Raider X from Robotech.

No, on second thought I think it looks like a Defender from Macross....
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 31, 2011 9:26 am

Yeah, it looks exactly like the riflemen mech. And strangely enough, they typcially refer to the twin linked autocannon toting dreads, as riflemen across the nets. And the Grey Knight ones they intelligentlly refer to as Psyflemen dreads, because you can buy psybolt ammunition to make them stronger. The more you know..

I actually had a few riflemen for batteltech, I really like them as a mech.. although I was also a fan of the Axeman.. which now looking back is pretty stupid.

I also had a spider mech I painted up as a spidermen.. and a wolverine mech that I.. uh huh, you got it. I didnt have much imagination 20 years ago..

That reminds me of something else. I was in the toy section on the weekend and there were some new transformers.. they were called "mechtech". The robot turned into a battlesuit, but also turned into a vehicle, and then his regular roboto form. But they all came with little pilots that can weak the exo suit and drive the vehicle. THey were a little bit smaller than the old mask pilots.. but I wanted to buy some so bad. I wish the kid would hurry up a bit and get into some good toys that I can have fun with. Anyone else seen those?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 am

I have to ask, which Rifleman was a *GOOD* mech?Smile Some of the Phoenix ones were good, and the Davion version with dual PPC was ok, but the std LL/AC5, no armor, no HS version was basically a giant "kick-me" sign. Although it LOOKED bad-ass.

The Axman wasn't BAD, as long as you either took the one with 2 LRM15's or switched the AC20 for a Gauss. Again tho, it looks cool.

I had a Phoenix Hawk LAM I painted up as Jetfire. That thing was awesome.

I saw the new Transformers you were talking about. Not sure what to think, the only one I really like from the new movie is Bumblebee. There is something about the aesthetic of the new designs that just looks OFF to me.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 31, 2011 12:12 pm

I never said they were good.. I remember liking them, but as far as well they were, I really have no idea at all. I cant even remember how to play the game.. I remember having to worry about heat.. thats it. But.. that was 20 years ago. My comment about the Axeman was only becasue it was a big mech.. carrying an axe.. it's really kind of bizarre.

My knowledge of battletech ends there though. A few of the guys we played with were horrible people .. like I said.. 20 years ago. Plus, they would always win becasue they stole thet'd always steal their minis and we had to use the ones we actualy bought..

Did you see the mechtech transformers? I was oly intrigued becasue it came with the tiny pilot .. and they looked very similar to the m.a.s.k. guys.. speaking of which, I found an old mask toy a few months back.. awesome.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue May 31, 2011 12:35 pm

It seemed like everyone had "Robotech" Mech's becasue they looked cool. Most didn't play that well, except for a few variants. Rule of Cool and all that. Same with the Axeman "It has a big gun and an AX?! How can you NOT like that?!"

Did the guys you played against move to Niagara and take up 40K? Sounds similar.

Yeah I saw the MechTech ones you're talking about. It's a neat idea, I'm just not sure how I like the look. The suit mode (at least on the ones I saw) is still fairly open. sorta like the Dreadknight. Like I said, neat idea, I'd rather they made a decent Soundwave, or brought back some of the combiners (Technobots ftw).

Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue May 31, 2011 1:57 pm

All of the lawsuit mechs were the coolest-looking ones. Phoenix Hawk, Shadowhawk, Warhammer, Rifleman, Battlemaster I remember. Were there any others? Scorpion maybe? Most were crap in game terms, however the Phoenix Hawk and possibly a Warhammer variant were playable. The Battlemaster kicked ass in the video game, but just because he was the biggest.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:29 pm

I did get these done awhile ago, jsut havent time to get some pictures.

So, I wanted to make a unit of 4 crusaders, 4 DC assassins and 2 banishers to mount in a Landraider. I haven't decided yet who will go with them.. possibly a techmarine with some grenades, or an inqusitor with the same. ALong the same lines, not sure yet about Coteaz .. but at least I have a buch of options to try out.

I had a ton of necromunda minis to make use of so I used some Goliaths to make crusaders, and a couple spare guys to make Assassins.

Grey Knight o-rama Dc_ass10

Grey Knight o-rama Crusad10

And finally, Ive got a Hector Rex mini that I think will make a perfect stand in for Draigo. Dont think Ill like him all the time, but I def want to try out a game with him and a few units of paladins.

Grey Knight o-rama Draigo10
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:03 am

Cool stuff! I really like the fig with the plastic sword in the first pic. I know it's GW. Was it one of the outland type guys from necromunda?
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:53 am

Heya, thanks.

Oh geez.. Im not even sure. I have a bunch of guys with really tattered and beat up clothes.. that sounds about right though. Ive got another three of them that are currently set as psykers for a henchmen group.

I still have to clip the pistol off that one goliath in the back and give him a weapon.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:17 am

Do these recent posts mean that you may be up for a game of Warhammer 40,000 sometime in the near future (audible gasp)?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:47 am

He's been saving up his luck. We played last week, and he rolled a 12 for his attacks with his Khorne-lord. That tactical squad didn't make it. I take out his Plauge marines in one turn, but it took a 10 termies and a captain.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next