Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Grey Knight stuff from BOLS

+2
Commander James of the Ul
System Commander
6 posters

Go down

New Grey Knight stuff from BOLS Empty New Grey Knight stuff from BOLS

Post  System Commander Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:53 pm

So, BOLS got ahold of an army list/power breakdown via Warseer I believe. Most of the stuff on the list falls in line with the other rumours to this point, so I think alot of what we're reading is pretty accurate. The inclusion of the 3 different inqusitors have garnered some confusion though.

Anyway, some pretty awesome stuff going on. Alot of new rules, abilities and as hoped, some powerful psychic powers. Paladin squad.. woo hoo, but man, I'm excited to see what the Nemesis Dreadknight looks like on paper.

Unit Breakdown

Special Characters:

Lord "Draigo" LR cost.
Grand Master "Mordrack" Storm Raven Cost
Brother Captain Stern
Castellan Crowe

Inquisitor Corteaz
Inquisitor Karamazov
Inquisitor Valeria

HQ

Grand Master
Brother Captain
Brotherhood Champion
Librarian
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor

Elites

Techmarine
Purifier Squad
Venerable Dreadnought
Paladin Squad
Callidus
Eversor
Vindicare
Culexus
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband

Troops

Grey Knight Terminator Squad
Special Upgrade Character - Justicar Thawn
Grey Knights Strike Squad (the regular GK's)

Transports

Rhino
Razorback
Chimera

Fast

StormRaven

Heavy Support

Purgation Squad
Dreadnought
Nemesis Dreadknight (MC)
Land Raider (and variants, including redeemer)

Unit Notes

Grand Master Rumors
Pick D3 units during deployment and giving them a special rule:
Makes them scoring (kinda neat for dread and or elite paladins)
Makes them re roll 1s to wound all game
Makes them have counter attack USR.
Makes them Scout
All these units are affected by the one choice.

No Drop Pods
But GK strike squads are supposed to be able to take personal teleporters. This makes them jump infantry. And once per game it is rumored to allow them to make a 30" move, just move... not a on table deep strike. they Can shoot when they do this, but not charge.

Paladins: 2 wounded terminators (they can have an apothecary in the squad)

Purifiers: Grey Knights that have a lot of anti horde options, they are the ones with the power that will do a wound on every engaged enemy model in cc on 4+.

Terminators equipped with frag and krak grenades.

Psychic Powers
Hammer Hand: +1 strength in Close Combat

Warp Quake: Any deepstriking unit that lands within 12" suffers automatic mishap.
Holocaust: S5 AP - Large Blast 12"

Quicksilver: Unit becomes Initiative 10

Warp-Rift: Template that auto removes models from play

The Summoning: A single friendly unit that is anywhere on the table is placed within 6" of the librarian and counts as deepstriking.

Smite: As C:SM

Might of Titan: Beginning of librarians assault phase. Unit within 6" gains +1 str and extra D6 armour pen vs vehicles. Bonus is cumulative with hammerhand.

The Shrouding: Opponents shooting phase. All units within 6" gain stealth (minimum 5+ cover in the open).

Mind Blades: Start of any assault phase. One enemy unit within 6" loses 1 toughness for the rest of the assault phase.

Vortex of Doom: As C:SM

Sanctury: Enemy assault phase. Enemy units wishing to assault any Grey Knight within 12" of librarian must make a difficult AND dangerous terrain test.

Psychic Communion (Grandmaster and Captain only): Take a psychic test. If passed, you may modify any reserve rolls by + or -1.

Heroic Sacrafice (Champion only): During any assault phase and when the "chaplain" dies. If the psychic test is passed, make one attack against any one model that is in base to base with the champion. If the attack hits, the model is removed as a casualty with no saves. If it misses, there is no effect.

Cleansing Flame (Purifiers only): Start of any assault phase. All enemy models that are part of the same assault suffer a wound on a 4+ before any blows are struck with saving throws allowed. Casualties count towards combat resolution.

Astral Aim (Purgation Squad only): Shooting Phase. Unit and attached characters may fire at any unit in range and regardless of line of sight. Target automatically gets a 4+ cover save that cannot be modified.

Reconstruction (techmarines only): Beginning of techmarine's movement. Re-roll any repair roll.

Fortitude (Vehicle only): At the start of Grey Knight player's turn, removes any shaken or stunned results.

Zone of Banishment(Captain Stern only): During Stern's assault phase. All models (friend and foe, but NOT stern) within 6" make a strength test or are removed from play. Demons must re-roll successful tests.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

New Grey Knight stuff from BOLS Empty Re: New Grey Knight stuff from BOLS

Post  System Commander Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Ooo, a few pics starting to pop up. Look at the god damn Dreadknight.. wow.. he's huge !!!

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=65065&page=327
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

New Grey Knight stuff from BOLS Empty Re Grey Knight pics

Post  Commander James of the Ul Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Well So much for finishing my IG army after I'm done with the Blood Ravens... Totally going to do up Knight Army after the Blood Ravens

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Holy crap! This makes me want to build my demon army so I can fight my arch nemisis!!!! LOL @judchic

But in all serious, I love the look of them. Dreadknight very blurry tho, but looks like optimus prime, so I'm unsure
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:01 pm

From the new stuff today

nemesis weapons, as far as i know are force weapons. However, because of how brotherhood of psykers works (a unit casts a psychic power as a singular entity) i believe this means that only one weapon can become a force weapon per turn (if you so choose to use it over hammerhands), and the rest are power weapons. Still, nothing to sneeze at.

-nemesis halberd: +1 initiative
-nemesis daemonhammer: +1 strength
-nemesis falchions: Force lightning claws
]-nemesis warding stave: Power weapon that conveys a 2++ invulnerable save. (i know. Madness.) they\'re 25-20 points per depending on the squad.
-daemonhammer - this entry confuses me. There\'s both a nemesis daemonhammer and a regular daemonhammer, but as far as i know, this one is a thunderhammer with daemonbane.

Falchions are taken in PAIRS as in the entry is "A pair of Nemesis Falchions" so yeah. I think Stormbolters act as pistols for the GKs as per the previous codex. Nemesis Force Sword is just a power weapon as far as I know. That was what it looked like when I last paged through the armoury section. Plus, why would Halberds and Nemesis Daemonhammers cost +5 points then? They'd be free as a tradeoff.

This is just getting nasty. Only issue I'm seeing is there is still a distinct lack of ranged anti-tank (only units that I saw list any melta/LasC/ML are all HS... again.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 am

Yeah, its appearing that way.. but with Stormravens, cheaper dreads and whats looking like cheap Razorbacks.. there's at least a few more options.

Plus, its looking like everythings going to be able to move very, very fast.. and with the ability to take transports, they should be able to get to the vehicles they need to.

One things for certain.. with psycannons rumoured to be str 7, assault 2 or heavy 4 and rending.. and with purgation squads able to take 4.. and any unit being to take at least one or two, they will be able to pump out a crazy amount of str 7 shots.. plus, dreads can now carry two twin linked autocannons and they can take chimeras...
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Ian and I just had a lightbulb moment. Admech counts as! Uve got the huge mechs (dreadknights), the skitarii (storm troopers), mechanicus priests (inq) admech assassins (reg assassins) and the stormraven, which the admech had first! *starts to experience severe nerdafalactic shock*
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm

For sure.. plus, the inq retinues can have weaponsmiths .. which are like baby obliterators.. and, grey knights can take techmarines.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:23 pm

The more I read about these 2 wound 2++ Terminators in mixed wargear units, the more I wonder how the hell do you kill them? Lucky plasma doesn't even work. Powerfist? then "hope" they roll a one?
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Paz wrote:Ian and I just had a lightbulb moment. Admech counts as! Uve got the huge mechs (dreadknights), the skitarii (storm troopers), mechanicus priests (inq) admech assassins (reg assassins) and the stormraven, which the admech had first! *starts to experience severe nerdafalactic shock*

What a Face What a Face Yes!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 am

Yeah, hard to kill for sure. Im still not sure if a full unit of them would be worth it.. but still.. even having say 2 in a 6 man unit to put melta/plasma saves onto would be pretty useful.

I could see having fun with them in an apocalypse game.. but if they do end up being 55 points each, 25 points for a staff and then 75 points to upgrade on to an apoth.. youch.. thats alot of points.

Plus, having that unit shrug off everything that the game can throw at them.. well, they'd just be damn annoying for your opponents.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:26 am

I think if people actually run fnp 2++ termies, at such a high cost, fast armies will ignore them. Their damage output can't compete with their cost, and massed fire will force you to role that fateful 1 eventually.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

New Grey Knight stuff from BOLS Empty Re grey knghts

Post  Commander James of the Ul Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:59 am

Paz wrote:I think if people actually run fnp 2++ termies, at such a high cost, fast armies will ignore them. Their damage output can't compete with their cost, and massed fire will force you to role that fateful 1 eventually.

for me that wouldn't be hard... If ones were six's I'd be kick ass at this Very Happy lol

Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 am

Blood of Kittens have came out and corrected some rumour errors that were melting peoples internet faces.

They're saying the Nemesis Ward Staff, which gives the 2+ invul is limited to only one per unit. As well, Grey Knight terminators cannot take storm shields.. so they have the standard 5+ invul save, but any nemesis force weapon grants a +1 to the invul save.. so this means that basically, all Grey Knight terminators have a 4+ invul save.

A few other clarifications. People were worried about the Standard Grey Knmights all being able to take personal teleported, allowing to move as jet packs and giving them the ability to make a 30" move once per game. This is also false. Its like the old edition where you can take Grey Knights as fast or troops.. if you take them as fast they can deep strike. Well, you can take the grey knights as a fast choice and that gives them the ability to buy the teleporters. Now, you can still make them scoring with the grandmasters ability, but.. they arent just standard troops .

So, a couple clear ups. I am very happy to hear the one staff per unit though..
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down