Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along

+6
Veyure
Administratum
gluvzer
System Commander
Paz
ScottRadom
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along - Page 3 Empty Re: Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along

Post  Veyure Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Actually his body is competely dead and only his mind remains alive. even that is in debate as some believe the daily sacrificial pyskers are what powers the astronomican beacon.

If you were joking ryan, i just wrecked it. hehe Cool
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along - Page 3 Empty Re: Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along

Post  Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Ya sorry i rushed that last post.

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 pm

I believe that I read somewhere about the red thirst also involving the drinking of blood...where that was im not sure however

*edit* I think it was in the dreadnaught IA entry, dug this up in lexi linky
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:34 pm

The 'thirst for enemies blood' i'm pretty sure is not meant to be they want to drink it, more that they want it to flow meaning they want everything to die horribly and bloodily.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:13 pm

It is rumoured that in his new form, Moriar has been claimed by the Red Thirst and that the Blood Angel armourers have modified his Dreadnought so that he can quench his thirst for blood. This however, is only a rumour.

from the lexi article, i always read that as theres a place to pour blood into it

also Red thirst and the relevant part
A side effect of the Black Rage is the Blood Angels' vampire-like tendencies. They generally have pale skin, and a strong urge to drink the blood of their enemies. This flaw is known as the Red Thirst.

i'm sure this has been retconned since then...such is the way of GW after all

p.s. i just learned how to use the quote buttons, they are fun...that is all
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:54 pm

Wow Matt, your arguing your point using a wiki? and one without references. tsk tsk, you should know better. Blood angels don't drink blood of their victims. They go nuts slaughter everything they see then fall down and die. thats the way it is.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:38 pm

OHMYGOD... you guys are being silly. YES, it used to be vamparism. YES, it has now been retconned, cause vampirism is silly, and makes no sense.
As greg said, imagine that you are a super soldier. Over time, you have these lucid dreams of being sanguinius, and being mind =I=censor=I= by horus. Even though you are the master of fighting, that durned traitor brother (who you frikkin love) uses cheap ol' chaos powers to kick in you teeth. To death. Until you are dead.
You wake up, but you still feel the rage, the shame and the sorrow of betrayal and failure. Eventually, its not a dream, and every effin baddie you fight has Horus' face, and you just want to KILL-HIM-AND-SPILL-HIS-TRAITOR-BLOOD-URGH-FLURGH-RAGE. basically. You may drink the blood, but only because you are in a crazed soul destroying state of mind.
Like a rage zombie from 28 days later. You aren't eating anyone, you are just trying to BITE them to death. With your acid spitting space marine super jaws. Of Rage.

Blood angels are not silly vampires, they are like cursed knights: Honorable and couragous, but cursed to turn into rage zombies after so long. Unless they survive the rage, then they turn into mr. mephisto(pheles)n.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:07 am

I figured that it had been ret-conned. The wiki is cause I dont have my IA books anymore, I'm sure that Moriar entry is from the dreadnaught part though
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:26 am

No Matt. You are just wrong pig elephant
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:47 am

oh gad just had a thought that i should be burned for, blood angels are vampires the twilight vampires No

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:00 am

SIGH... Ben, you are THIS close buddy... Wink

I imagine your thought processes were like this:

"oh edward, you so dreamy. Oh and I like blood angels! Oh be still my young heart! Mr. Ben shiny vampire blood angel the third, here I come!"
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  jhare Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:59 am

Um, sorry to cause a fuss.... It was perhaps more theme wise than actual vamparism. Just thought it might make some interesting conversion ideas.... perhaps some of the more ornate armor features or the capes from fantasy?

Anyway, like the work, any suggestions for true scale? Yea and if anyone makes sparkling space marines I'll know who to blame Ben....

(oh, you look like diamonds, puke)

J
jhare
jhare
Mystic

http://www.jamesedwardhare.com

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:26 pm

Hehe.. ohhhh man. I dont know if a Blodo Angel Twilight themed army would be worse be worse than the pink space marine army with Hello Kitty dreadnaughts or not.. hmm
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  jhare Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Believe it or not I've seen a rainbow bright chaos army. Don't have the link but its out there. Truly the work of the chaos lords.....
J
jhare
jhare
Mystic

http://www.jamesedwardhare.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:30 pm

I think the discussion about blood angel <-> bezerkers was in here so... I'm about to make your freakin day System Commander: assault squads can drop their jump packs and get a rhino. Perfect fit for zerkers...survey says yes!
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:57 pm

This is taken from Index Astartes I: Rites of Initiation. The article describes the implants and processes which a new recruit goes through to become a full fledged space marine.

"Phase 8 - Omophagea. This is a complicated implant. It really becomes part of the brain, but is actually situated within the spinal cord between the cervical and thoracic vertebrae. Four nerve sheathes called neuroclea are implanted between the spine and the premnoral stomach wall. The omosphagea is designed to absorb genetic material generated in animal tissue as a function of memory, experience or innate ability. This endows the marine with an unusual survival trait. He can actually learn by eating. If a marine eats part of a creature, he will absorb some of the memories of that creature. This can be very useful in an alien environment. Incidentally, it is the presence of this organ which has created the various flesh eating and blood drinking rituals for which many chapters are known, as well as giving the names to chapters such as Blood Drinkers, Flesh Teares, etc..."

Yall have just been outfluffed!

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:43 am

Sorry Cam, but the new BA book gives a different reason.

It does mention that all the blood angels are good looking guys, have long eyed-teeth, and to become a space marine, they have them incubate in sarcophagi. So hints of vampirism throughout the book, but only minor, mostly just berserker rage.

"Eatin yo brains and gainin yo knowledge" Is mentioned as a root cause for blood letting and feasting traditions in many chapters, but for the blood angels, its got more to do with the blood thirst from the curse.

It even mentions that it is really hard for the sang. priests to withdraw the geneseed during battle, so strong is the thirst for blood and the need to attack the enemy. Apparently they do it through raw willpower, a common theme in the 'dex.

So BA= vampiric, but in a heroic way, but mostly just crazed cursed dudes. No rhinestone skin here!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:45 am

bah, hogwash. Twilight has infected everything.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:49 am

Ann rice did it first, and sleazier. The only difference is kids are to young to remember dat shizzle, so all you hear is "oh thats twilight themed" for vampires. Kinda retarded, those themes have been around for evar.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:57 am

Interview with a vampire diddnt break any records at the box office either, though it was probably a much better movie. I watched about 15 minutes of twilight and had to turn it off.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:53 am

To tell you the truth, I thought the first film wasn't that bad. Books are all Mormon propaganda, sillyness, but the film-makers managed to make some good films.
I'm sure this isn't what you meant Cam, nor is this directed at you, but I have noticed a lot of guys dismiss such films because of hyped content, not the quality of the actual film. Someone actually once told me that any "guy" that saw twilight was a *homophobic expletive*. I love how frigging ignorant men can be.
Not that women are any better, sucking in the negative messages these books send to young women...
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:47 am

I diddnt know anything about the twilight films when i tried to watch the first one. A person i know sent me some songs, one by paramore which i liked, and another by blue foundation which i really liked. When i went searching for more of their stuff i found that both songs were on the twilight soundtrack. So i figured that if the movie had two songs that i liked so much, it must be good. Like i said, i watched about 15 minutes and coulndt handle any more. I have a few years on you though, and im totally out of touch with pop culture, so that might be a reason.

Does the fact that i diddnt like the first film give me the right to trash the entire phenomenon? I dont know, its just my opinion on that film, and by default everything that is associated with it. I actually dont know anything about twilight except that the vampires sparkle when they go outside. Pop culture is not going to go away, and if its not one thing its another. You mentioned anne rice (i did like interview with a vampire very much) but do recall a super popular 80's film by the name of Lost Boys? Vampires have been in the spotlight since the advent of modern media, but i think it was lost boys that made them "cool". So yea i agree that vampires have been around forever, but that does not make the current fad any more palatable.

What were we arguing about again?
Oh, and to be honest i am a fan of true blood, go figure...

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:51 am

I watched both films as candace loves em. I think they are terrible. Over acting and underacting througout. The chick (one who plays belle) i can't stand because of her character in these flicks. who the hell freaks out and has night terrors for like months because her man left her. the only thing i find any bit cool about the movie is the shapechanger wolves. oh and the fact that each vampire has a diffferent cool power. other than those two points, the movies are bad.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:45 am

Cam= I agree! Its just that I list twilight, lost boys, and ann rice under the campy vampire section of my memory. Its all bad, and all good.

Greg= I will agree, lots of over and underacting all around. Some good though. Things I liked.
-Cinematography= really good!
-beautiful locations
-werewolves done really well
-2nd movie vampire movements. What an improvement from the silly hissing image streak things from the first one!
-Sparkle thing= I think I'm the only one who was like "huh, makes frikkin sense". The vamp skin is like marble, some sort of superhard flexible composite, and light refracts easily off it. Prolly my nerd sense tingling though.

But enough about twilight! I built up 5 sang. guard the other day and had a game with them. IC killers for sure, wowza!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:04 pm

I took a break from other stuff I shoulda been painting and worked on this dude a little bit. Then I thought about this thread. Anyone else done any red stuff lately? Painting this guy REALLY makes me happy I have the Space Hulk set. Such cool mini's.
Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along - Page 3 IMG_3603
The leg and the groin are done. Teh pic is eating the last set of highlights which are pure bronzed flesh. Teh rest of the mini has been basecoated in a dark red (Vallejo Burnt Cadmium Red. It's awesome!) and then shaded with a super thin wash of orkhide shade and a little bit of black. It was applied probably 3 times. Then pure GW black wash in the deepest recesses and underneath the armpits, outstretched arms, and all the shadowy places. I super dug on using the green to shade the red. I got the tip from a really nice painter who does a lot of the Wyrd mini studio stuff. She has some pretty cool looking mini's and I keep picking her brain on what she's doing. She hasn't told me to =I=censor=I= off even once!

So I start from a pretty dark base and basically layer up the highlights using the base Bunrt Cadmium red, GW Red gore, Vallejo Red (Blood red-ish) and then add about 1:1 Bronzed flesh and Vallejo Red, followed by pure bronzed flesh in the brightest areas like the edges of plates and stuff. I also use thinned GW baal red wash from time to time to try and keep things smooth between layers.

Anyone else been trying stuff out?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3