Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along

+6
Veyure
Administratum
gluvzer
System Commander
Paz
ScottRadom
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along Empty Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along

Post  ScottRadom Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:41 pm

With the Blood Angels book out and so many people wanting to paint them up, I thought a group WIP thingy might be a good idea. Painting red isn't super easy, and it might be a decent way to help each other out. I'm gonna post my Space Hulk dude here anyway and walk through what I am doing. Anyone else should jump in too.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along Empty Re: Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along

Post  Paz Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:50 pm

Good idea Scott. Here is what I whipped up from stuff sitting in my bitz box, after seeing all the new goodies.

True-scale'd, for extra tears and trouble.

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020420

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020421
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along Empty Re: Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along

Post  System Commander Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 pm

Great looking mini. Is he going to be an independent character or a Vet sgt.?

Here did you pry that BA banner thingie from?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:05 am

Gunna be a sarg. The symbol is from the Drop pod kit. It comes with chapter symbols for the fists, wolves, templars, dark angels, ultramarines, and Blood angels, either is circles or squares.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:06 am

Paz wrote: The symbol is from the Drop pod kit.
also comes with land speeders. I have a billion of those icons from my three speeders' leftover parts.

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:23 am

Nice stuff Paz! I'm just doing a terminator off the sprue from Space Hulk.
Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along WIPS005-3
I prefer a darker red vs. the GW Blood Angels. Dunno why. This is the guy basecoated with Vallejo Burnt Cadmium Red.
Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along WIPS006-2
The I shaded him with about 1:1 Vallejo Sick Blue and Black watered down quite heavily. Maybe 7:1 Water to paint(ish). A little thinned GW Badab Black wash under the armpits, his junk, and the bottom half of the pwer fist arm. But looking at the pic I am going to have to add a lot more shade I think. My goal is to have it very dark in the areas under shadow and highlighted from an imaginary light source from the top. Should look near black from the bottom and almost only basecoat from the top. I'll check....
Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along WIPS007-2
Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along WIPS008-1
NOPE! Need's WAY more shading from the underside! It's on my list to do tomorrow looks like. Also the helmet needs way more too. Cheek areas especially.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:13 am

Looking Good Scott. I agree about the darker reds, the idea of dried blood as a color, instead of bright red rubs me the right way.

It does need to be darker under though, I agree. The idea of lighting coming from above, harsh lights in the confines of the hulk= cool beans. I may be getting my hands on these beauties later on, and will be rebasing them for 40k.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:56 am

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along WIPS
I spent some more time working the shading and got it to a point I liked. Then I took the base coat of Burnt Cadmium and cleaned up the sloppiness and strting blending the shading a little bit where I thought I should. Then I added some Vallejo Red Gore to the cadmium and worked it up to staright red gore. Then the same with Vallejo Red. Then I diluted some of the GW red was (maybe 2:1?) and applied it to the red. I made sure not to get any of that red wash into the shadows though. Just on the red. I needed to smooth out the blending, and those GW washes are the cat's ass for that. No I'll have to start highlighting. I'll start by mixing a flesh color into the last red I used until it's pure flesh. That's the plan anyway.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:38 am

That's some nice work there Scott. I always find red so hard to work with. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Nice work on the true-scale marine Paz, looks great.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:02 pm

Dammit, i dont know where the first post i put up here went. Basically very nice conversion paz, im looking forewards to seeing your step by step on red scott, and i will try to put together a test model to work on and add to the project.

GREG! it would be cool if you could add your work to this project log as well so everyone can see how people are approaching it, and see how different methods produce different results all in one handy thread.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:41 pm

It's going to be nice seeing a step by step process, looking great so far.

Well, I primed up some Space Hulk termies last as well so hopefully I can get some paint on them. Ive painted enough red to last me a life time, and I still have another 30 bloodletters to paint.. woo hoo. Sooooo, I'm going to go the alterante route and paint them up Fleshtearers style. I dont know what those colors are yet.. but going off of Seth I have to assume .. Black.

So, there you go.. Im sure everyone can have a better day now.. knowing Im going to paint a space marine black.. Smile

If they aren't black, someone give a disabled guy a hand.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:13 pm

another masterpice by paz..... good job scot Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:25 pm

I'll post my terminators on this thread with a description of my technique (pretty simple) once i get a hold of a camera. I think matt K's camera is too expensive for him, so i'm gonna take it.
My only concern is that i'll be overshadowed by the skills of scott and paz. But as scott told me once (i'm paraphrasing) "Stop being a little =I=censor=I= and just try!"
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Scott= excellent, loving the shadows.

Robyn= I have the chapter approved for the flesh tearers sir. Its black helmets, black chests and arms, and dark red everywhere else. Symbol is a white circular saw blade with a black tear-drop.

I actually like the fluff for their head chaplain more than seth mcfar.. gabriel seth.

Chaplain Carnarvon! He spends all his time with the deathcompany dudes, and the monsters the death company won't even take in. Supposedly up the wall bonkers crazy. Also, fleshtearers are known for occasionally having a grand "feast" after a battle, after which most major prisoners of war dissapear... hmm
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along WIPS001-6
TY guys.

That's about it for the red. Meh. Happy enough with it. I just added Vallejo flat flesh to the red I used last. I went a little too far and had to knock back the highlights in several areas. I might work the face up a tad more, but as this model is just for me I'll probably take the lazy route and call 'er done. I'll probably do the metal next.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Rob, dont worry bra, i will not be going standard BE either. Gotta put an original spin on =I=censor=I=. Thinking of bone for the majority or the figure, with red being a secondary color. The only thing that i dont like about this project is that i am going to have to figure out a way to do black for the death company.

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Just converted a space hulk terminator to a sanguinary priest, after reading that they can take one! pics tomorrow!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:14 am

space hulk terminators ready to paint!

Terminator librarian with servitor

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020454

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020453

Sanguinary priest

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020455

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020460

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020457

Goriel! ( I removed the hand holding a genestealer head and spine, didn't fit.)

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020458
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Administratum Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:19 am

Oh dude, those are looking super good. I think the libby is my fav, but im also liking the saguinary priest

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:28 am

I wish salamander storm shields were as easy as gluing an extra plastic piece :[ looking good though

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:35 am

Paz, its not fair! Why can't I have models like that. *Cry*

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 am

Not bad Paz. Looks good.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along Empty bloody good

Post  Commander James of the Ul Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:24 pm

the models look sweet man can't wait to see the paint job

Commander James of the Ul
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:48 pm

ITS FEELING A LITTLE LONELY IN HERE GUYS, WHERES ALL THE ANGELZ?
(not charlie's)

More work done! Did a lick a' paint on the truescale sarg, whatcha guys think?

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020465

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020466

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020463

Mass Blood Angels WIP and paint along P1020464
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Wowza, looking great... I like his expression, kind of like he's biting his lip. Cant wait to see him in person.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next