Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Angels

4 posters

Go down

Blood Angels Empty Blood Angels

Post  System Commander Tue May 04, 2010 11:00 am

So, now that some time has passed, how has everyone been feeling about the Blood Angels.. that is the people who've been playing them and against them.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Blood Angels Empty Re: Blood Angels

Post  Matthew G Tue May 04, 2010 11:31 am

Well I actually like them. There is a massive difference between the PDF codex and this new on and some people could argue that the angels are "broken or cheesy".

They hardly scatter when deep striking. Have a chance to become fearless and furious charge (enhanced by a special character to be a 50% chance). And have so many lovely little things to make them, in my eyes, fun.

When the stormraven hits shelves, then angels won't really need land raiders any more.

Anything in particular you are looking for so I can more accurately describe them?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Personally? I love them.

They're alright shooting wise, but the primary focus of them is obviously melee. For their points a good blood angels list seems to be able to out melee just about anything.

Bout my only other comment is that a lot of their special chars are more subtle. Corbulo for example, seems really meh, until you really dig into what his 'reroll once per game' can do for your tactics.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue May 04, 2010 2:30 pm

I know all the units and special rules, I was just asking how they doing on the field. I havent seen thm played so was just starting up a discussion.

As a chaos player, there are a few things I'm particulrly nervous about, as in the things that will tear me apart.. but Im definitely looking forward to seeing them out. Me and Ryan are having a game tomorrow night so I'll get to them in action.

It should be a really quick game though.. Ill be fielding alot of assault troops, and Ryan will be fielding.. alot of assault troops.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Winning more than I'm losing for the most part. For me it usually comes down to whether or not I hit assault. I have yet to lose a game with the angels if more than 50% of my army reaches assault, even when going against other assault heavy races.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 8:50 pm

CHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSY!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Tue May 04, 2010 8:56 pm

bensutherland333 wrote:CHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSY!!!!!!!!!

The mating cry of the owner of an older codex.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 10:41 pm

The mating cry of the owner of an older codex.

true

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 11:56 pm

they arnt that bad,

the special characters are annoying though (they have too many rules and abilities)

the sang-priest adding FNP to whatever you want seems to be one of their biggest powers.... cuz when FNP assaulty troops make combat.... They destroy

So far my experience has been that I win if I can keep the BA out of assault long enough (mostly with Lash of Submission) and a loss if they make melee contact (they beat the hell out of other marines as long as they have FNP and Furious Charge)

I would not call teh Codex "CHHHEEESEY" though. I mean the characters are annoying (mostly cuz of their long list of powers), but they still die to shooting and if they do not get their Furious charge (thanks to Lash) ;; they are HARD to beat up in CC

Back to top Go down

Post  smackman Wed May 05, 2010 4:41 am

They look good on paper, but on the table it took 30 assault marines and 10 death company and a handful of priests and wat-nots to take down 6 mega nobz over 4 turns... but with 3 men remaining they did it... so I guess what I'm trying to say is, they outperform the other marine based codex's.
smackman
smackman
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 05, 2010 12:34 pm

smackman wrote:They look good on paper, but on the table it took 30 assault marines and 10 death company and a handful of priests and wat-nots to take down 6 mega nobz over 4 turns... but with 3 men remaining they did it... so I guess what I'm trying to say is, they outperform the other marine based codex's.

Chaos Outperforms Blood Angels vs Meganobz

**Kharn kills meganobz amazedly; On average he does 5-6 wounds on his initiative before being Power Claw'd to death at end of combat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 10:25 am

o.0?

Yeah, Adam, a high powered melee unique will carve through things that don't have inv saves, suprise! The Sangunor would do pretty close to the same thing.

Personally I'm surprised that the death company did so poorly against the nobs, but I'm guessing they weren't tricked out. Death company are okay 'naked' but blood angels in general really benefit from power swords or something to cleave through 2+.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum