Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding LOS and Special Characters

3 posters

Go down

Regarding LOS and Special Characters Empty Regarding LOS and Special Characters

Post  Matthew G Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:52 am

So the Tau have Ethereals which have the ability called:

Inspiriing Presence: The ethereal and all tau units (not kroot, vespid, or drones) with line of sight to him may re-roll any moral checks. If the night fighting rules are used then roll to determine the distance the unit can see. This includes passed moral checks.

What if I embark the ethereal onto a devilfish, would LOS be measured to the hull of the devilfish, or, would tau units not be allowed to take the re-roll?

I know when a psyker is embarked on a transport, they may measure range of any power they use that doesn't target an enemy unit from the hull of the transport.

Thanks!
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Regarding LOS and Special Characters Empty Re: Regarding LOS and Special Characters

Post  System Commander Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:34 am

For most game purposes, you can never target a unit inside a transport.. they are effectively "off the board" and you cannot draw line of sight to them.

For his power, they would not be able to see him so couldn't use it. Bad part of using the ethreal.. you need him out to use the power.. but if hes out he can be shot and potentially cripple your army.

Units inside transports can draw line of sight from firing hatches.. but it doesnt work the other way.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Regarding LOS and Special Characters Empty Re: Regarding LOS and Special Characters

Post  Matthew G Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks!
Ya this does suck but i thin. I can keep the ethereal alive..... I hope.....
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:30 pm

Yeah he doesnt look very spiffy and inspiring while inside a transport.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down