Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity

+10
ColinT
Deadlytoaster
superdeuxlol
System Commander
judchic
Lore Weaver
Paz
Aegwymourn
Matthew G
GingerBalls
14 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Infinity - Page 2 Empty Re: Infinity

Post  Matthew G Thu May 15, 2014 8:22 am

Not sure. I am not on the Devil Facebook where the group is lol.
Paz and ginger may know.

All I know for certain is Myself is Yu Jing
Jesse (Judchic) is PanO.
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu May 15, 2014 9:41 am

Aegwymourn wrote:Do we have a list of what people around here play?

<- is one of those wierdos that doesn't like to double up armies if possible

Someone is playing just about every army. Except maybe PanO? I don't think I've seen anyone play them yet.

Edit: I guess Jesse plays PanO. I know there are Haq, Aleph, Combined, nomads, and ariadna players in town as well.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu May 15, 2014 11:03 am

Tom: Something to keep in mind, there are the main armies of Infinity:

PanO- (think mainland european/india/australia/Philippines) Jesse- Plays as super shooty, best BS for main troops, most TAGs (tactical armored gears, think mecha from appleseed)

Yujing-(china/japan) Mathew, someone else i think?- Like PanO, but with access to more CC oriented troops and some invisibility shennanigans

Ariadna- (scots/russians/french) Dallas (technically)- Low tech, can't be hacked, access to toughest and hardiest troops, weird geo-enhanced wolf ppl, lots of camo

Haqqislam- (Islamic world, but westernized) Ben- Best Doctors, lots of assassins, good bikes

Combined- (halo covenant basically) me!- Weirdest rules, and lots of em, gets sepsitor (brain hacking!) alien weaponry like plasma rifles and best cloakers

Tohaa- (think Protoss mixed with tau mixed with Venom suits) nobody at the moment- Have access to very specific racial ability: symbiote suits. like Venom, doesnt like fire. insane special weapons

Mercs- (exactly what it sounds like) Nobody- All the cool random stuff to find here, a bit of every army

Aleph- (matrix shit, super robots and advanced tech, greek Illiad heroes reborn in robo-ppl) Ian- stupid nano-shields, most powerful heroes (human sized tags) best tech for humans

Nomads- (anything goes, similar to cerberus from mass effect mixed with the merovingian and his cronies from the Matrix and some cat ppl) Nobody at this time?- best Deep strike units, cool gadgets

there are, of course, sectorials, which are basically like supplement armies (think restrictive, like tau farsight enclaves with no allies) but that give you benefits.

At first glance they can all seem a bit similar and sci-fi-ish, but, like mass effect, they are all fairly unique to play.

Cool thing about the game is that all the units are VERY very balanced with the game, so you take whatever sounds cool to you and that will be fairly competitive, unlike GW games.

Last edited by Paz on Thu May 15, 2014 11:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu May 15, 2014 11:07 am

Edit: Summary removed. (We don't need 2)

Last edited by GingerBalls on Thu May 15, 2014 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu May 15, 2014 11:10 am

reworked list
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu May 15, 2014 11:11 am

Well done. Very Happy
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 15, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks for the summary Paz!

I will keep looking into it. Since it is small scale and not super expensive to get into I might seriously consider getting into it. Got random money from family so if I can sneak it from Cheryl there might be a box set in the future!

Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 15, 2014 11:15 am

Might have to coerce you guys into another test game =P
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu May 15, 2014 11:17 am

tom- updated list above with army abilities. Cool thing about infinity? SAme base size (28mm realistic instead of 40k's heroic) so you can test units out before you buy em!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Thu May 15, 2014 11:32 am

Paz wrote:Yujing-(china/japan) Matthew, someone else i think?- Like PanO, but with access to more CC oriented troops and some invisibility shennanigans

NINJAS! rawr
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu May 15, 2014 11:52 am

Aegwymourn wrote:Might have to coerce you guys into another test game =P

This.

I'll post nest time we play some more games. Hopefully by Sunday.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu May 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Was looking at the Tohaa. Are they newer? Just seems like there are a lot less sculpts and their portion of the site is a little different (I was really liking in the other sections it has the little person icon for how many models are in the box).

I loves me some crazy guns!
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Thu May 15, 2014 1:09 pm

all about the HMC... such a big gun...

oh and here is the wiki for the games rules
http://infinitythegame.wikispot.org/Hyper-Rapid_Magnetic_Cannon%28HMC%29
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Thu May 15, 2014 1:12 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:Was looking at the Tohaa. Are they newer? Just seems like there are a lot less sculpts and their portion of the site is a little different (I was really liking in the other sections it has the little person icon for how many models are in the box).

I loves me some crazy guns!

They are the newest faction, hence the lack of models but the highest number of beautiful (up to date) sculpts.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu May 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Sorry dudes.. i know you asked for an Infinity thread before and i forgot. Want me to put one up still?

Last edited by System Commander on Thu May 15, 2014 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Thu May 15, 2014 1:32 pm

I would. Also more ariadna on the way!
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 16, 2014 10:52 am

Ugh, stupid Euro conversion rate. Was looking at what I'd possibly buy from them. Was all excited because it was only like 117 or something. Check conversion rate, is more like 175  Mad 

Might have to make multiple purchases to sneak under the wifdar (wife radar, not some kind of eldar wife or something, although I think she does break the game of marriage, i never seem to win).

As an aside what points do you guys usually play? Using their army maker tool thingy I picked three box sets and it works out to almost 300 pointeroos. I have no idea if it is good or not, but it is mostly the models I really like.

It was the Starter pack, the Chaksa aux pack, and the Gorgos squad (because that thing looks amazeballs, even if I don't end up playing infinity I'd want it)
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 16, 2014 10:57 am

Was going to be in tomorrow, possibly for some 40k. Unless you guys are available for a demo game! =p
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Fri May 16, 2014 11:02 am

The points limits for games of Infinity can range but for ITS they always play at 300pts, so that's what we try to stick to. Unless of course you don't have that many models in which case I would make a list to match what you can muster.

As for a Demo game I won't be able to do any gaming until Sunday night at the earliest. Sorry!
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Fri May 16, 2014 11:08 am

Aegwymourn wrote:Ugh, stupid Euro conversion rate. Was looking at what I'd possibly buy from them. Was all excited because it was only like 117 or something. Check conversion rate, is more like 175  Mad 

Might have to make multiple purchases to sneak under the wifdar (wife radar, not some kind of eldar wife or something, although I think she does break the game of marriage, i never seem to win).

As an aside what points do you guys usually play? Using their army maker tool thingy I picked three box sets and it works out to almost 300 pointeroos. I have no idea if it is good or not, but it is mostly the models I really like.

It was the Starter pack, the Chaksa aux pack, and the Gorgos squad (because that thing looks amazeballs, even if I don't end up playing infinity I'd want it)

Actually, don't fully trust what the website says for prices. Darren can order in what you want for Infinity from his supplier and has special Canadian prices that actually make it cheaper than doing the conversion rates on the website. I was surprised on my last order from the den, I was expecting my purchase to be about 80, it was like closer to 60... Win!

Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 16, 2014 11:14 am

Awesomesauce! I didn't think Darren had a supplier for Infinity. Support the Den and get swanky models, Win/Win!

If anyone has thoughts if those models are any good would be appreciated!  Razz 
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Fri May 16, 2014 11:26 am

Aegwymourn wrote:Awesomesauce! I didn't think Darren had a supplier for Infinity. Support the Den and get swanky models, Win/Win!

If anyone has thoughts if those models are any good would be appreciated!  Razz 

I just so happened to have quickly thrown a list together using the models/sets you mentioned and made a pretty decent list coming in at 295pts and 4.5 SWC.

Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81 TOHAA
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 Infinity - Page 2 SepInfinity - Page 2 SepInfinity - Page 2 Orden_regular10 Infinity - Page 2 Orden_irregular0 Infinity - Page 2 Orden_impetuosa1

Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_1KAMAEL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (12)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_1KAMAEL Paramedic (Medikit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (16)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_1KAMAEL (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (15)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_2SAKIEL Viral Combi Rifle, Swarm Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (26)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_10CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (10)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_10CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Neurocinetics, 360º Visor) HMG / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 25)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_10CHAKSA AUXILIAR Guided Heavy Rocket Launcher / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 29)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_5ECTROS Lieutenant Viral Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (50)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_7CLIPSOS Minelayer Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_6GORGOS Spitfire, 2 Flammenspeer, Nanopulser +1 Chaksa Periferical / Viral CCW. (2 | 87)
Infinity - Page 2 Logo_81_6CHAKSA PERIFERICAL Light Shotgun, Flash Grenades / Pistol, Knife.

4.5 SWC | 295 Points

Open with Army 4

GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Fri May 16, 2014 11:33 am

300pts is the tournament points lvl but you could play anything above 150 fairly well. most units are balanced in their own way with most of the bad matchups being from lack of use (buy engineer to repair your dudes broken by emp, opponent doesn't bring emp...) but even then they still give orders and can still at least try to fight.
the list there looks decent you have something to deal with everything. plus guided missiles are eeeeeeeeeeevil...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 16, 2014 11:37 am

@ Ian. Yea that is almost exactly what I was looking at.

I don't know how good/bad the weapons/special rules are. I've only gotten through the first dozen or so pages of the rules. For how rolling works and AROs and orders. Seems cool so far. The reactive style of play is interesting.

Is not taking the maximum 6 SWC a big deal? I would think that most people work their lists to get as many of them as possible?

Last edited by Aegwymourn on Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri May 16, 2014 11:38 am

judchic wrote:300pts is the tournament points lvl but you could play anything above 150 fairly well. most units are balanced in their own way with most of the bad matchups being from lack of use (buy engineer to repair your dudes broken by emp, opponent doesn't bring emp...) but even then they still give orders and can still at least try to fight.
the list there looks decent you have something to deal with everything. plus guided missiles are eeeeeeeeeeevil...

I just really like those Chaksa models. I think they look super cool. That and the Gorgos are just amazing. The rest I find is a solid 7-8 on the cool scale.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next