Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinity

+10
ColinT
Deadlytoaster
superdeuxlol
System Commander
judchic
Lore Weaver
Paz
Aegwymourn
Matthew G
GingerBalls
14 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Infinity - Page 9 Empty Re: Infinity

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:20 pm

I still have to actually do that! lol.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:I still have to actually do that! lol.

yeah jeez tom! Razz
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:20 pm

I know right. Such a slacker.

Was really hoping to have time this weekend. But just don't think I'd be able to swing it.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:52 pm

next week sometime perhaps? Maybe friday night next week?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:54 pm

Probably wont be for a while now Crying or Very sad . Archeage releases next weekend so going to be doing that pretty hard the next couple of weekends.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:03 pm

Dangit, Tom!

Infinity > everything else.

It's a simple formula.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:54 pm

I would be down for more demoing on friday!
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Yea, try explaining that to my wife. You know the person that woke up early today to put ribs in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. Razz

I put all the Tohaa stuff I had bought together the last two nights! Although my Gao-Tarsos came without a head. Although I emailed Darren and a replacement is en-route!

Need to find monies to finish purchases somehow. Tried the couch cushions, nada.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Here is a question for you guys. Do you think Viral weapons are a good choice against most TAGs? I'm not familiar enough with the other armies to be sure, but I was ho-humming about what Tohaa has to deal with them. Watched a batrep of one of the Pan-O TAGs walking through a Haqq link team list. There were a fair number of similarities between the Haqq list and mine (my two highest DAM weapons are an HMG and LGL and so were his). He really didn't haven anything that could get through the armor on the TAG (especially in cover) when winning the FtF rolls. Viral would at least force two checks per hit and force them to use their BTS instead of their armor. Thoughts?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Sadly anything that has structure points is immune to viral, so most tags ignore such weapons.

Tag killers: missile launchers, fuerbachs, dep's, monofilament weapons and mines, new breaker pistols, more missiles, heavy rocket launchers, moar mines.

That's assuming you want to just kill the tag. A more viable solution is to kill off the tag's cheerleader order monkeys. Using combat jump troops helps to thin the enemy order pool.
Remember, a tag with 2-3 orders ain't much.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:12 am

Hey Paz, not that I doubt you or anything  Razz  but where does it say that things with STR are immune to viral. In the wiki all I can find is that things with more than one wound or with STR are immune to the shock portion of viral weapons.

From with wiki - emphasis mine

"Figures with 1 W, after a failed BTS roll, pass directly to the Dead state, ignoring the Unconscious state. This special effect doesn’t apply to miniatures whose profile has a base Wounds (W) Attribute higher than 1 (Such as Heavy Infantry in powered armour), troops whose W value has been increased from 1 (Such those with the Striga Special Skill) and those figures with a STR Attribute instead of W, like Remotes or T.A.G.s. In such cases, the target must perform two BTS rolls, taking 1 Wound for each roll failed."
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:04 am

Spamus Eatus wrote:I would be down for more demoing on friday!

Anyone else up for a demo on Friday? I should be available to run people through games. If you don't have any figs just let me know and I can put together a couple demo lists from what I have.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:08 am

Aegwymourn wrote:Hey Paz, not that I doubt you or anything  Razz  but where does it say that things with STR are immune to viral. In the wiki all I can find is that things with more than one wound or with STR are immune to the shock portion of viral weapons.

From with wiki - emphasis mine

"Figures with 1 W, after a failed BTS roll, pass directly to the Dead state, ignoring the Unconscious state. This special effect doesn’t apply to miniatures whose profile has a base Wounds (W) Attribute higher than 1 (Such as Heavy Infantry in powered armour), troops whose W value has been increased from 1 (Such those with the Striga Special Skill) and those figures with a STR Attribute instead of W, like Remotes or T.A.G.s. In such cases, the target must perform two BTS rolls, taking 1 Wound for each roll failed."

You are correct, Tom. TAG's (or things with STR points) are immune to SHOCK (and the shock portion of viral) but not immune to the ammunition itself, still causing 2 BTS rolls.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:20 am

ah, my bad!

haven't really faced viral yet, other than using my haqq lasiq. Should be interesting!

re: Friday= I'm down, free after 12:20-rest of day
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:26 am

Infinity party, bitches.

EDIT: By which I mean, I'm done work at 4:30 if any of you gentlemen would like to attend.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:01 pm

Paz wrote:ah, my bad!

haven't really faced viral yet, other than using my haqq lasiq. Should be interesting!

No worries. I still don't think it is a good solution for TAGs but at least forcing more saves is good.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:
Paz wrote:ah, my bad!

No worries. I still don't think it is a good solution for TAGs but at least forcing more saves is good.

The glaring problem for you, and the Tohaa in general, is their lack of hackers. For you it will probably be more about using zero-v smoke and superior speed to get around TAGs and dismantle their cheerleaders. Shock is great for that purpose.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:31 pm

[quote="GingerBalls"The glaring problem for you, and the Tohaa in general, is their lack of hackers. For you it will probably be more about using zero-v smoke and superior speed to get around TAGs and dismantle their cheerleaders. Shock is great for that purpose.[/quote]

Do unconscious models still provide orders?
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Aegwymourn wrote:[quote="GingerBalls"The glaring problem for you, and the Tohaa in general, is their lack of hackers. For you it will probably be more about using zero-v smoke and superior speed to get around TAGs and dismantle their cheerleaders. Shock is great for that purpose.

Do unconscious models still provide orders?[/quote]

No, sir.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:26 am

They're here, they're here!  My first batch of infinity figs!  Wow, such detail.

Infinity - Page 9 20140922_1447261

Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21 YU JING
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 Infinity - Page 9 SepInfinity - Page 9 SepInfinity - Page 9 Orden_regular10 Infinity - Page 9 Orden_irregular0 Infinity - Page 9 Orden_impetuosa0

Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_10SHÀNG JÍ Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Shock CCW. (42)
Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_18DOMARU Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (36)
Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_1ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (11)
Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_1ZHANSHI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (11)
Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_1ZHANSHI Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (15)
Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_3CELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_3CELESTIAL GUARD Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 18)
Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_41BÀO TROOP (X Visor) Boarding Shotgun, Contender / Pistol, Knife. (29)
Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_7TIGER SOLDIER Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (27)
Infinity - Page 9 Logo_21_7TIGER SOLDIER HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)

3.5 SWC | 242 Points

Open with Army 4

Here's the list I am able to whip up with what I have in my posession.  Thoughts?
EDIT: The Shang Ji is the LT, forgot to pick the right one. No difference in points or anything though.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Pretty decent for the 250 point level. Nothing super tricky but that not really Yu Jing's style anyway. When you'd like to get a game in with them just let me know.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:42 pm

GingerBalls wrote:Pretty decent for the 250 point level. Nothing super tricky but that not really Yu Jing's style anyway. When you'd like to get a game in with them just let me know.

Ninjas

Say what about trickery?
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:47 pm

Ninjas? What are you talking about? Ninjas do not exist. Ninja clans and families disappeared at the beginning of the 20th century, during the Meiji period.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Yep, no such things as ninjas. Those fusiliers were killed by an errant flying sword. Swear on me mum.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:47 pm

Something I should use more but I don't: the alert skill.

Ian dropped an ekromoi with hmg right splat on the corner of my deployment zone, but luckily (after failing to flashlight him in the eyes) one of my batroids alerted my sogorat heavy infantry to the ekromoi's presence, so he could turn enough to look back and blam blam, that's all she wrote!

Tl:dr- sometimes it's better to alert your fellow squad mates and get killed than try and be a here.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9