Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer league playoffs!

+10
Aengeal
GingerBalls
Lore Weaver
superdeuxlol
Darksfear
Daemonkin
Roland
da bear
Planes
System Commander
14 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Summer league playoffs! - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer league playoffs!

Post  Roland Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:44 pm

That's the point. They basically HAVE to list tailor in order to play top, and as Adam pointed out, I haven't seen many "competitive" list that don't ally.

It's kinda liberating, because you can almost take whatever you want, but it's also frustrating, because there is not to counter, or even be on the same powerlevel, as the various other "jankiness" (warscythes, MSS, Wave Serpents, markerlights, helldrakes, etc)

I think it's kinda telling if you look at the playoff list (Dan and I only PA armies). Most of the "good" marine builds I've seen have heavy allies (typically guard).
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Well frontline gaming recently did an article that regular space marines have gone from the most basic of armies for beginners to learn with to the hardest to win competitively with due to the fact they don't have many crazy power builds.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Oh I still think they are the best beginner army.

If lists are ranked A-F, and a C is an average list:

I think certain lists get a B if they just take certain units (like a heldrake for instance. If you have double dragon, it almost doesnt matter what else you take)

Certain armies CANNOT build A's (Sisters, Dark Angels, Space Marines, Chaos without heldrakes) and several have issues with getting even a B+.

As a sidenote, several people have said my Greenwing and Ultra have too many vehicles. I actually agree, I just like playing tanks:)
What noone does is give any sort of fix for it. Sure drop half the tanks and replace with bodies! Now what do I do if I'm facing Chaos w/ drakes or Tau with their markerlight madness? That's why there is no TAC lists. You counter one power build, and you immediately are falling victim to another. Maybe its time to do a Guard ally module.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Sigh. Sorry Tom, but it looks like you're gonna have to wait even longer before you can find out who your'e facing in the finals. Adam cancelled on me on account of getting into a car accident on the way over (nobody was hurt in case you're wondering). We'll try and reschedule as fast as we can but considering today and tomorrow were my free days this week we will have to see how it goes.
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:22 pm

Ya, I was on Clarence and Main and... Smash

The other driver and I are both ok. Her car is likely beyond repair, for mine it will depend on if there is frame damage or if just the doors are smashed.

The zipper to my army transport bag was open, but magically it seems not a single model was damaged. My flying bases all in a box are half smashed and will need some super-gluing, but the army was actually all right.

+1 point to Army Transport!

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Again? You need to watch where you're driving, Adam. You might also want to invest in person sized Army Transport foams, tailored to your seats...
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Has the playoff been resolved yet? Would like to start getting some games in for the fall/winter league since I might actually have weekends available now.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:47 pm

I, too, would be eager to get things rolling again. Starting to wonder if we're going to have an overlapping league window here.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Yeah.. whats going on!

There seems to keep being delays..Adam? Whats the verdict. Car accident aside.. whats happening?

I to am getting some withdrawal issues here.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:00 pm

I think ive hit my patience end. Its been almost a month since finals started and Pool "I pity the fool" has gotten there first round games in. I ve mentioned this before.. and its been done before.. if you dont think you'll have the time to play your.games, then back put. We had a ton of guys looking to make it into the playoffs.. and now i have to issue a bye because you just wont step aside.

Tom, you ad Tyson cn play in the finals. This has gotten ridiculous.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Any time Thursday-Sunday work for you Tyson? We can have my Necrons bounce off of your Deathstar and get the new league going.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm just waiting for a final confirmation text with Adam on a 6pm Wednesday game. Provided I win or you guys simply want to call it now, I'll be available for the last match anytime Friday as long as we are done by 9 (I work that night).
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:17 pm

I can aim to be in for the early afternoon.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:06 am

Nope.. youandTom go ahead and play... tired of waiting. Its been almost a month !!

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:28 am

Alright then. Sorry Adam, guess thems the breaks. So Tom, now that my Wednesday night has freed up I can do Thursday under the same conditions as well.  What time and day work best for you?
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:24 am

I could do Thursday. Around 2-ish?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:24 am

Sounds like a plan. See you there.

I just realized... do we have a scenario for the final match yet?
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:45 am

Magnetism, maybe?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:03 pm

Ahh yes, sorry guys..some family issues have come up unexpectedly and I wont be on the computer for the rest of day.

If you guys dont mind, just roll one of Tom's missions randomly. Tie breaker will be the standard kill points first, league placememt second.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:29 pm

Sorry for the scheduling delays Robin, things have been more hectic for me than usual as of late.

I realize that this has been holding off the next league.

Tyson and I are having a game tomorrow regardless of things, but if you feel I should drop out of the finals then I understand your point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:19 pm

I would be down for playing the victor so long as it happens before the week is out. Else wise, I'll just do my match with Tyson.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:38 pm

canadin wrote:Sorry for the scheduling delays Robin, things have been more hectic for me than usual as of late.

Tyson and I are having a game tomorrow regardless of things, but if you feel I should drop out of the finals then I understand your point of view.

Allow me to be a complete dick for a minute here (or don't, I don't care).

So, things are a bit hectic for you.

The Friday we were supposed to play, but you bailed because, I can't remember... alex something something supper something...

I had a fundraising event that I put together to run the very next day, where I was running an entire kitchen worth of staff. I alone was co-ordinating food, beverage, and staff for the event.

All the while, I've been busy co-ordinating popcorn sales for a separate charity, ferrying the four kids to various events, working a full time job, training a brand new puppy, curling twice a week, and helping co-ordinate other community events.

So, I planned very carefully to have time available for you. I planned.

This kind of community works because we make it work. We work hard at getting games in with our friends. We treat it with a priority that matches our investment.

When you come in and stand people up for a game, or delay the enjoyment of our hobby because you can't plan a single thing, like moving within a city, combined with the oh-so-hard lifestyle of being a mediocre chemical engineering student, understand that some of us might be annoyed about your belief that the entire community should revolve around you.

Look what you made me do, I typed a big run-on sentence.

Please, consider other people's lives, commitments and that reality means something different to us "old guys".

--

Combine this with your lack of ability to understand the overall theory of Warhammer 40k, yet your frustrating ability to still win given your intellectual handicap and you have the crux of why I can't stand to play you.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  GingerBalls Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Snap.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:22 pm

anyone else get that "holy shit balls!" feeling you get when you hear your grandma swear in front of you for the first time when your like 16? lol thats what marks post just gave me o.0
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gulsnick Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:
canadin wrote:Sorry for the scheduling delays Robin, things have been more hectic for me than usual as of late.

Allow me to be a complete dick for a minute here (or don't, I don't care).

So, things are a bit hectic for you.

The Friday we were supposed to play, but you bailed because, I can't remember... alex something something supper something...

I had a fundraising event that I put together to run the very next day, where I was running an entire kitchen worth of staff.  I alone was co-ordinating food, beverage, and staff for the event.

All the while, I've been busy co-ordinating popcorn sales for a separate charity, ferrying the four kids to various events, working a full time job, training a brand new puppy, curling twice a week, and helping co-ordinate other community events.

So, I planned very carefully to have time available for you.  I planned.

This kind of community works because we make it work.  We work hard at getting games in with our friends.  We treat it with a priority that matches our investment.

When you come in and stand people up for a game, or delay the enjoyment of our hobby because you can't plan a single thing, like moving within a city, combined with the oh-so-hard lifestyle of being a mediocre chemical engineering student, understand that some of us might be annoyed about your belief that the entire community should revolve around you.

Look what you made me do, I typed a big run-on sentence.

Please, consider other people's lives, commitments and that reality means something different to us "old guys".

--

Combine this with your lack of ability to understand the overall theory of Warhammer 40k, yet your frustrating ability to still win given your intellectual handicap and you have the crux of why I can't stand to play you.
Thumbs up Mark
Gulsnick
Gulsnick
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next