Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eldar first thoughts

+3
Rhaevyn
miv305
Lore Weaver
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eldar first thoughts - Page 2 Empty Re: Eldar first thoughts

Post  Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:31 pm

bladestorm, distort, and monofilament all auto-wound on 6's

blade gets AP 2,

Mono gets AP 1

distort auto pens and does instant death

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:35 pm

Huh, my bad. the internets failed me. How much is long ranged of those?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:33 pm

I'm just excited to run silly models, like assassin autarchs.
Shard, faulchu's wing, mantle, yowza! Sure it might not work that often, but an elder assassin hiding in the bushes then super jumping around... Dayum.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:52 am

miv305 wrote:Doesn't matter to me what you'd like to play, dealer's choice!

How many points?
A game that should've been one sided one way (based on the pre-game rolls), turned out to be one sided the other.

There's no accounting for hot-dice.  (apparently, my dice decided that making invul saves was the hip thing to do.  Grimoire is for n00bs)

Despite losing a Kairos on Turn 2 and a Herald to the Warp Storm table (rolled a "3"), Ahriman decided to gank a Wraithknight and a Wraithlord without taking a single wound.  Keep in mind, his power array was... crappy Tzeentch power, Endurance, Life Leech, and Hemorrhage.

On the *normal* side of the game, Horrors with +1S are quite able to deal with the wave serpents.  Getting the "Misfortune" power on both my Heralds turned out to be mighty handy for dealing with both the Wave Serpents and the Wraith Guard.  Wraith Guard really don't like not having a ride.

The Iyanden list is quite nasty.  I'd be very tempted to take 2+ Spirit Seers, as getting rolls on the Runes of Battle table with a Psyker > ld 8 seems like a good deal.  Too bad they don't have a ghost helm, but they do have 2 wounds!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

Like Mark said there's no accounting for hawt dice.  To be fair though Ahriman was the one way you had to deal with the T8 guys and it worked out for you, all in all a sound decision that you should take credit for!

I'm pleased that both times my Crimson Hunter has shot it's fragged a Helldrake, I'm sad that both times it died a minute after...

One thing that I've already noticed is how absurd War Walkers are.  I think the true competitive Eldar build will involve Warp Spiders, War Walkers and Wave Serpents carrying Troops and AV14 killers (Fire Dragons or Wraithguard).  The str6/7 shooting this army can put out rivals Tau and it's a lot faster.
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 pm

miv305 wrote:One thing that I've already noticed is how absurd War Walkers are.  I think the true competitive Eldar build will involve Warp Spiders, War Walkers and Wave Serpents carrying Troops and AV14 killers (Fire Dragons or Wraithguard).  The str6/7 shooting this army can put out rivals Tau and it's a lot faster.
Exactly.

Waveserpents can basically move 12" and drop 4TL S6 shots follwed by D6+1 S7 ignores cover shots.  All that while carrying a scoring option.  It's quite outstanding.  That platform has a 4+ save while moving (Holo-fields) and if it decides to turbo boost away, gets a 3+ cover save and turns pens into glances on a 2+

---

I completely agree on War Walkers.  So many effective builds.  3 with 2 bright lances each, outflanking (or deploying)... the move run and shoot (or shoot and run) with fleet o_O. 

---

The concept of Vector Dancer is appealing, but I'd need to see that Hunter in action a bit more before I drop $80 on one.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2