Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Theory: Tzeench FTW?

+2
miv305
Lore Weaver
6 posters

Go down

Chaos Theory:  Tzeench FTW? Empty Chaos Theory: Tzeench FTW?

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 am

So... you take a sorcerer with the Mark of Tzeench, make him lvl 2 or 3, no other upgrades (60+75 = 135). This guarantee's him all the tzeenchy powers.

Now, you take a Dark Apostle for 105 points, Mark of Tzeench for 15 points gives him a 3++ save. 120

For Troops, you take units of 10 Thousand Sons at 265 a pop. Sorcerer gets some powers.

Under Heavy Support, take some Oblits for anti-vehicle // anti-flyer.

Now... start mutating your sorcerers. The unit with the Dark Apostle gets re-rolls. You could re-roll on him a bunch. Depending on how many times you generate the boon power across your many psykers, you should start racking up some decent force multipliers, and that army gets scarier and scarier every turn. This is assuming you don't accidentally smite your dude with the S4 AP- hit and don't roll "SPAWN" twice in a row (0.3% chance)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Chaos Theory:  Tzeench FTW? Empty Re: Chaos Theory: Tzeench FTW?

Post  Guest Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:05 pm

I was thinking of that myself, especially since the S4 hit allows armor saves, and your Sorcerer can grab some biomancy for healz.

So 50% chace to wound then only 16.6% chance to fail the save, then with apostle in unit,10.8% to undergo dark apotheosis.

They sounds like fun odds to me

Back to top Go down

Post  miv305 Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:13 pm

You can't have more then 2 of the god-specific powers on the same guy, it's in the codex but I can't recall what page...
miv305
miv305
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah its weird.

You must take one if you have a mark for the corresponding list. .. And you may roll up to half on your god list. So like Mike said.. You can only get one unless your ahriman.. Then you get two.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 pm

page 70...

why would they do this? when i was flipping through the book looking for positives, one of those things was that taking a lv 3 sorc could Guarantee you got specific spell choices. It was one of the few redeeming features of the chaos sorcerer(other than price).

Blah.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:59 pm

I agree.. Weird. I hadnt anticipated ever taking a full discipline.. But was nice knowing the option was there.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:16 pm

System Commander wrote:Yeah its weird.

You must take one if you have a mark for the corresponding list. .. And you may roll up to half on your god list. So like Mike said.. You can only get one unless your ahriman.. Then you get two.
The list does say up to half but the example beside it for a level 3 says he can take 1 or 2 rolls on the chaos table
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:06 am

Two Tzeench powers + 1 Biomancy / Telepathy?

With all the Sorcerers in your troops, you're bound to land some tzeenchy lovin' too.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:17 am

That is true. In this edition you get to round up. They have the example in a few places rounding up.. I remember it specifically from a daemon princes smash attacks.

2 tzeentch and a third should still do the trick. I like the idea of lots of rolls with rerolls for popping a daemon prince or two.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:16 pm

As seen on 3++

---

The real hilarity in the Game, tho, was right at the start. My Opponent wanted to check out the Boon Table, and had rolled up Boon of Mutation on both his HQ Sorcerer and the Aspiring Sorcerer from the 1K Sons Squad he'd Joined. First thing he does in the Game, the Aspiring Sorcerer casts it on the HQ. Who takes a Wound from the S4 hit and fails his Save. Figuring he's got the bad luck out of his system, the HQ tries casting Boon on himself. Again Wounds and fails the Save, killing himself and giving me the Points for Warlord and First Blood before the Game had even really started Very Happy
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:48 pm

wow, that's some weird rolling there
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down