Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Theory: Elites and Troops

Go down

Chaos Theory: Elites and Troops Empty Chaos Theory: Elites and Troops

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Darrell over at Beasts of War made some good points that I kindof agree with.

20 marines with CCW (replacing bolter, so it's free) and an Icon of Vengeance (fearless) is kinda really good. You can also take Mark of Slaneesh and the Feel no Pain Icon to make them very tough to displace, but he rightly points out, "Without ATSKNF, you don't want to lose combat".

I think that's a pretty cool scoring unit that rings in around 300points, with 20 dudes that have 3 S4 attacks each on the charge with T4 3+ armour.

---

On the elites side, Terminators are pretty much the way to go. Would you rather a Hellbrute for 105 points, or 3 Terminators with Combi-Meltas for 110 points? I think my 2xPfist, 1xChainfist unit is like... 124 or something cheap... (2xCombi-Meltas, 1xCombi-Bolter)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Chaos Theory: Elites and Troops Empty Re: Chaos Theory: Elites and Troops

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 pm

I definitly like the basic chaos troopers.

I however am going to try my 20 man units with an attached HQ for Fearless and Hatred (Kharn and an Apostle) So 40 guys, all MoK, 4 attacks on furious charge, 3 attacks on counter-charge, and re-roll to hit for that first round.

As for Termies I also think they are looking rather nice this ed. The cheap melee weapons are great

Back to top Go down