Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tau Drones are not characters

+9
miv305
Matthew G
dusktiger
gluvzer
System Commander
Rhaevyn
da bear
Roland
Lore Weaver
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Tau Drones are not characters - Page 4 Empty Re: Tau Drones are not characters

Post  dusktiger Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:12 am

you sir, get a gold star for using such a kickass example. but robyn only has blue ones. Like a Star @ heaven
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:56 pm

dusktiger wrote:you sir, get a gold star for using such a kickass example. but robyn only has blue ones. Like a Star @ heaven

lol thx Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down

Post  Deadlytoaster Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Yes my Paladin Stalone will accept all challenges, as will my Meganob Schwarzenegger Very Happy

Awesome thing? Wraithlords are characters Smile
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:49 pm

So are C'Tan.

I'm not in favour of gimping Paladins and Nobz in favour of clarifying a rule for Tau.

It's pretty clear that Nobz and Paladins are characters while Crisis Suit Bodyguards are not.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Mark, Nobs fall into the catagory of Character when a leader, Mob of Nobs isn't. They've said numerous times that they had no intention of unit full of characters except in the case of multiple IC's.

Of course, they rushed right out to FAQ it:)

Just fair warning, Units of characters tossing wounds around is going away.

Edit: Pertinent info here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?346750-A-Few-6th-Ed-Questions-Answered-At-The-GW-Design-Studio-Open-Day

Last edited by Roland on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Besides, its not the crisis suits that are in dispute for tau, its the drones attached to the squad leader that cause the issue.
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:46 pm

At least I wasn't abusing it too badly. Patches won't be accepting challenges anymore though Cool
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:16 am

its still legal, as they haven't FAQ'd it yet. Several other people at the Studio Day seemed to indicate they were preplexed, sorta like when the guy asked Jervis which units in the Daemon codex counted as Daemon against (3.5) Daemonhunters. You know the ol' "You have 3 heads look." Apparently they think it's crystal clear.

As far as FAQ's....

I'll scream it to the heavens....

FREE DOWNLOADABLE PDFS!!!

You want your sales to go thru the roof? You want a happy customer base? Free. Downloadable. PDFs.

FAQ? What FAQ? We updated the PDF.
Erreta? Updated PDF.
That one unit is broke? Updated PDF.
You play Sisters? Sorry, forgot about you. Updated PDF.

They could simply update it when new models come out, just like the new Chaos Daemon stuff..

It makes perfect sense and it works and we'd all love it....
So it'll never happen.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:08 am

If you've got the digital codex, they update the FAQ into the codex, for free. Also, if you've got an iPad, you can put all the FAQ's in iBooks
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:30 am

Yea know if i relly wanted to i could run every sgt in my army as a leader because guard sgt have a higher leadership. But that woud be the same as saying all storm toopers and vetrans are leaders. Fact is that crisis suit pilots are contoling this huge lumbering, advanced battle suit and then ther multi tasking by contoling a drone. Not to menchon drones have no WS and shild drones and stealth drones have no BS. And teh same for the body guards in my comand squad they wont fight for my CO if he takes a chlange he if the CO ahad his body guards fight for him the Twisted Evil LORD HIGH COMMISAR Twisted Evil would shoot him and take comande of the army. In simpalest terms if the CO makes a cowereds move his army WILL TURN ON HIM in fact that should be a new leage rule.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:44 am

Dom actually brought up an interesting point.

Commissars should execute cowardly leaders if they refuse a challenge, and then take their place in the fight!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:09 am

Mark: Which requires a Ipad and $40+ codex purchase. I'd settle for ebook format codexes (so you can read them on a ipad, kobo, or even a laptop or smartphone), that was updated so no FAQ was even necessary. Free pdf mean I have more $ to spend on models and GW has no printing costs. If not a free pdf, then a $10 ebook will suffice.

(When WotC raised the 3.0 books to $30 from $20 there was a lot of outcry, and Sean K. Reynolds (I think, it may have been Bruce Cordell) posted a detailed explaination as to why they had to. Long story short, Hardbound books are ridiculously expensive to publish. $20 was a loss leader and they were only making money on the supplements. Hence, more paperback supplements and higher price for all future HB.)
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:42 am

Dom, sorry buddy but you don't know the rules on drones. First off, there is no stealth drone, but thats just a nitpick. Second off, drones ALL have a WS and a BS. They function on their own for the purposes of everything except having the model with the drone controller being removed from play. Heck, you could get a drone to man a Bastion's turret if you wanted.

Now to fix your take on the character rules. See, you are just assuming whatever models you think SHOULD be characters are actually characters. However, the index in the back of the 6th ed rulebook is quite specific when it comes to imperial guard. You CANNOT use veterans and stormtroopers as leaders because they are not characters. Only veteran sergeants and stormtrooper sergeants are.
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 am

dom, the following models are characters in a guard army: astropaths, commisars, all commanders, lord commisars, masters of ordnance, ministorum priests, Bone 'eads, officers of the fleet, overseers, custodians, primaris psykers, all sergeants, and enginseers. any of those can do challenges and Look Out, Sir! rolls.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:45 am

I'm with Beau on the .pdf's, and its a good dream...but i cant see it happening. Darren sold 60+ 6th edition rulebooks... 60 - in Saskatoon SK. As long as GW still thinks they can make money on selling something, its never going to be "Freely available.

that being said...

As i posted in another thread, the future of this game is digital codecies. where you don't get a faq, you get a CSM codex update 6.02. or a Dark Eldar Codex 2.03.

look for a patch notes similar to an online roleplaying game.
New in this update:
*Obliterators re-balanced. T5 - but no longer able to initiate an assault
*Fixed some verbage in the thousand sons entry, they were never intended to infiltrate
*Daemon Prince unit entry corrected to Flying Monstrous Creature
**new unit** - Nurgling Cannon. destroy your enemies with the new finecast daemon engine that flings nurglings like boogers to gum up enemy armor.

Not this year, or next year... but 5 years from now? once they realize that apple inst the only game in town. it'll happen.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:57 am

Mike B.: I agree free pdf's won't happen, from their point of view it's money left on the table.

I'm hoping they expand with the digital stuff, and realize how different it is from traditional publishing.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:28 pm

mike: I know the units in my army but to use the look out sir move would be evicted in a challeng situation. BUT BODY GUARDS CAN NOT FIGHT IN PLACE OF A LEADER.
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Dom, I think you're missing the point. I don't understand what you're getting worked up about. Sure the bodyguard option of Codex Imperial Guard are not characters (I don't know for sure, I'm just assuming you know what you're talking about). You have to realize that not all codex's share the same rules. Tau commanders can take bodyguards and it has now/already been clarified that they are not characters either. However, drones, controlled by the commander are. That is what this is about now, not the Bodyguards anymore. You may have missed Beau's clarification. Using examples from guard doesn't translate to other armies.
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:12 pm

im a bit sleep deprived today things ant makeing sence to me at the moumnet as well
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4