Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for some help with white robes!

2 posters

Go down

Looking for some help with white robes! Empty Looking for some help with white robes!

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Title says it all for the most part. I want to pain up my new eldar very well, and I need some help. I have no idea how to properly shade robes, let alone white ones. Any tips for me?

Back to top Go down

Looking for some help with white robes! Empty Re: Looking for some help with white robes!

Post  Guest Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:48 pm

How to paint Dark Angels robes on the Bolter and Chainsword forum is pretty good.

This will work if you don't mind the robes being like dark angels robes as opposed to being pure white (which I assume more eldar would prefer pure white Razz)

Bone shading tutorials this will also work they have the link in the forums there too.

Back to top Go down

Looking for some help with white robes! Empty Re: Looking for some help with white robes!

Post  Veyure Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:03 am

For painting white robes, i start off with codex grey and work up from there continuously highlighting with lighter greys until i get to pure white. it's about 4 colours 3 if i'm getting lazy. look pretty good too.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:25 am

Easy way to do it?

Mix a 1:1 basecoat of dheneb stone (foundation) and codex grey. Wash with a watered-down coat of badab black wash. highlight the raised areas with the main mix. Final highlight of white, and done!

Thats for pure, colorless white. All tone, no color. You can do beige robes, or basically any white based mix, really. Just keep your basecoat lighter, so that there isn't too much diff.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll give a couple of these a try and see how I feel about them. I might put up some pictures, and more than likely bring the model down to see if anyone can give me some further tips on Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down