Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question

3 posters

Go down

Question Empty Question

Post  Justin Buhler Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:44 pm

Alright I got one for you guys, it's more a question and speculation than anything, but they have Inquisition Codices for the Ordo Malleus and the Ordo Hereticus, are they expected to produce an Inquisition Codex for the Ordo Xenos? For instance Inquisitors designed to fight (especially) Nids, Eldar, Orks and (to a lesser extent) Tau?

Justin
Justin Buhler
Justin Buhler
Sage

Back to top Go down

Question Empty Re: Question

Post  Administratum Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:46 pm

there was talk of one but i believe that the daemon and witch hunters did not do well enough to warrant it

Administratum
Inquisitor Lord

https://huntersofthewarp.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Justin Buhler Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:49 pm

That's too bad, because I mean Ordo Malleus was intended to introduce the Inquisition and Grey Knights, which it did. Witch Hunters was basically Codex Sisters of Battle. So basically Malleus was anti-Daemon, Hereticus was anti-Psyker, the problem is neither really needed Codices to improve an Imperial player's anti-Daemon or anti-Psyker capabilities. Now if Ordo Xenos had abilities to deal with Xenos threats, say abilities that could disrupt Tyranid Synapse or bypass Eldar Holo-fields/Spirit Stones then I'd imagine more people would be interested in Ordo Xenos than Malleus and Hereticus combined, if only because Malleus dealt only with Chaos (and to a lesser extent Eldar, since the Avatar is technically a daemon) and Hereticus dealt solely with Psykers. I imagine Xenos would be able to deal with a far greater bevy of possibilities.

Justin
Justin Buhler
Justin Buhler
Sage

Back to top Go down

Question Empty Xenos Hunters

Post  System Commander Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:04 pm

According to the rumour mill, the "Xenos Hunters" book is on hold. It sucks for a variety of purposes. My view is that phychic powers for all the inquisition is seriously in the majorly suck ass category. I believe they are trying to make psychic more important to the game, which they always should of been. However, during the the last game addition of codices, psychic powers were very, very weak, except for the Eldar. The new Space marine book gave them a big boost. Even the new guard got 12 point psychers, who's random powers were pretty darn good for 12 points!

Eldar, Chaos and Ork all came out with big psychis powers. Orks..!! MN, that Ork list of powers is impressive. Sure, they are random, but 5 of the 6 are good and with a warphead you get a reroll. And the imperial inqusitors? Diddly.. despite their fearsome reputation of being powerful. WitchHunters have a few good ones, but man.. those Daemonhunters are ugly. Against an all demon army, sure they are decent... but besides that there are only one or two that are worth taking, and nowhere worth their points.

Just my rant on the inquisitors.. Dont look for a Xenos Hunters anytime in the near future though.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down