Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on equipping Assult sergeants

4 posters

Go down

Opinions on equipping Assult sergeants Empty Opinions on equipping Assult sergeants

Post  Dana Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:25 am

I would like to know how you folks would equip your spacemarine assult sergeants? I havent played a game with the new codex yet. My original plan was to go with plasma/powerfist but I think that has changed with having to have 2 powerfists to get the extra attack now. So how would you equip him? I was thinking 2 lightning claws but im not to sure yet.
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Opinions on equipping Assult sergeants Empty Re: Opinions on equipping Assult sergeants

Post  System Commander Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:20 am

With the loss of an attack, I'd probably go with the lightening claws.. thats what Im doing for my Chaos Raptors. Are you throwing a Chaplain in with them or are they running solo?

By the way, who are you .. your creepy profile picture has me freaked out.. damn weirdos coming out from everywhere to sign up on the site.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Opinions on equipping Assult sergeants Empty Re: Opinions on equipping Assult sergeants

Post  gluvzer Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Lightning claws, then throw in some meltabombs for him in case you have to bustify a tank!
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:59 pm

Ok I decided to go with the lightning claws for the sarge and Ill probobly run a chaplain with the squad. I was thinking of using a flamer in the squad opposed to having a plasma pistol on one of the marines. This squad would be for tearing appart troops and infantry. I would like to get some opinions on if taking a flamer would be more effective then a plasma pistol or would losing that extra attack in close combat be a bad idea?
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:15 pm

If their for infasntry, flamer all the way! Melta guns and flamers are both great under 5th edition.. and come on, who doesnt laying dow the flamer template now and again.. burnin' is fun!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  kerr_matt80 Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:48 pm

With the high cost of plasma pistols i run my squad with two flamers... and honestly ive never been in a situation were is said "darn, i really wish i didnt bring that flamer"
so in conclusion flamers=the awesome
kerr_matt80
kerr_matt80
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum