Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organized Play

+2
GingerBalls
System Commander
6 posters

Go down

Organized Play Empty Organized Play

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:45 pm

Up on BOLS they had an article detailing Gw's return to organized play. 

Definitely interesting.. they're attending a con for the first time in... 5-6 years? Hmm... man, that mini scene is tough these days. I dont think Id ever get into 40k myself these days with all the options available, I dont know how they bridge that start up cost. 

I really think the only good way to do it is develop a solid, good, lower model count "bridge" game. 

What do you guys think? 
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Organized Play Empty Re: Organized Play

Post  GingerBalls Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:50 pm

I think they should just lower their prices. They are making these beautiful centre pieces that no one buys because they are ridiculously expensive. Need to bring it back down to earth and charge people reasonable prices.
GingerBalls
GingerBalls
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:55 pm

100% for sure.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:50 pm

System Commander wrote:100% for sure.

I wasn't a fan of your argument until your font size increased.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:29 pm

They gotta start building and supporting a community again. Biggest mistake was getting rid of the grey Knights program and not adding prize support for tournaments in my opinion. Look at magic, I have a few friends that play it and there seems to be all kind of events going on in the city regularly.

Nothing gets me spending like going to a tournament. If I'm lucky enough to win $15 - $20 store credit plus the den's 40k 20% discount on tournament days then maybe throw another $10 store credit from GW support (God forbid). Buying a knight Titan now is a lot easier than it was the day before. Now add in another 4 - 5 prize winners that's a lot of product GW could sell for a little support. If the community is feeling supported that would really help build brand loyalty.

Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Combat patrol. Bring it back and push the hell out of it.
Sell it as a $20 softcover, or better yet, a free PDF and include a copy with every model.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aervyper Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:57 am

I wish them good luck. It is easy to say your going to support competitive play. It is a lot more daunting to get dirty and errata the rules which is something that GW has always shunned.  I would love to be a fly on the wall when GW phones Darren on how much the kit costs.  Oh well it affects me not. I am in the collector camp. I wish you guys all the best maybe they will fix some of the wonky rules I keep hearing on frontline gaming. I know they will be happy since they seem to be doing GWs job on the tournament eretta departments.

A side note I think that there is a lot of advertising on twitch that GW could do if they so choose. I know there are MtG tournaments every week. I also see frontline that has a sub button with a good following. I have also seen PP tourneys there. At the heart of GW it is just not them.
Back to searching bartertown
qp
Aervyper
Aervyper
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down