Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm glad I don't play Guard because...

4 posters

Go down

I'm glad I don't play Guard because... Empty I''m glad I don''t play Guard because...

Post  Timbo Tue May 19, 2009 4:40 am

Every list I made begins with 9 Hydras and 9 Armoured Sentinels. A 1700 point list could get close to $1K Rolling Eyes
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

I'm glad I don't play Guard because... Empty Re: I'm glad I don't play Guard because...

Post  System Commander Tue May 19, 2009 9:15 am

Eek, no doubt. GW will prob get a Hydra out, but It might be half a year or so before we see it.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

I'm glad I don't play Guard because... Empty Re: I'm glad I don't play Guard because...

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue May 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Why armoured sentinels? They kinda suck.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Tue May 19, 2009 8:22 pm

you are so negative stash.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue May 19, 2009 8:45 pm

Armour 12 walkers for 55 points? How do they suck again? They can counterassault and quicksand those enemy HtH units that are shredding your dudes. A squad of MEQs with a powerfist will take the rest of the game fighting them...
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue May 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Timbo wrote:Armour 12 walkers for 55 points? How do they suck again? They can counterassault and quicksand those enemy HtH units that are shredding your dudes. A squad of MEQs with a powerfist will take the rest of the game fighting them...

They are ok for counter assault but not 9 of them Razz
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Tue May 19, 2009 11:43 pm

Which is it? Do they kinda suck or are they ok for counterassault?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Tue May 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Timbo wrote:Which is it? Do they kinda suck or are they ok for counterassault?

The mostly suck since the odds of getting them into combat is quite slim.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed May 20, 2009 1:23 am

Please explain.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed May 20, 2009 2:11 am

Timbo wrote:Please explain.

Ever try getting sentinels into combat with say gaunts? I have tried my best but they always got taken out first. The side armour 10 will be exploited.
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Wed May 20, 2009 4:28 am

They're not open-topped. Vehicles are not exactly easy to kill anymore. With the 36" range they can sit near your table edge and wait for counterassaults. Or you can use them more aggressively. Not much besides flank marchers or infiltrators should get side shots on them. Can we at least agree that Hydras are ridiculously awesome for 75 points? Are we playing today or not?
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_Commander_Stash Wed May 20, 2009 5:01 am

Timbo wrote:They're not open-topped. Vehicles are not exactly easy to kill anymore. With the 36" range they can sit near your table edge and wait for counterassaults. Or you can use them more aggressively. Not much besides flank marchers or infiltrators should get side shots on them. Can we at least agree that Hydras are ridiculously awesome for 75 points? Are we playing today or not?

Yes hydras are awesome! The only thing that will hold them back is being almost $1/point. Ironically 9 hydras would vapourize 9 armoured sentinels in like a turn Razz
Lord_Commander_Stash
Lord_Commander_Stash
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down