Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start Collecting! box sets

4 posters

Go down

Start Collecting! box sets Empty Start Collecting! box sets

Post  dusktiger Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:02 pm

So i bought one of the Start Collecting! Skitarii boxes today.  The formation in the box set is called a Dominus Maniple, and it gives the models the following special rule:

Targeting Data Upload: At the start of your shooting phase, pick an enemy unit within 18" and line of sight of the Dominus. For the rest of the shooting phase, units from this Maniple have their weapons become Twin-linked against the enemy unit you picked.

If anyone else buys one of the other boxes, we should post what it's formation card gives.  That way anyone thinking about starting into another army can have a gander and see if they like what that box set gets.

Savings:
box set is $100
Dunecrawler is $79
Vanguard are $47
Tech-priest is $43
total savings, $69 - Tech-priest is half price, vanguard are free.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Start Collecting! box sets Empty Re: Start Collecting! box sets

Post  Spamus Eatus Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:06 pm

That's a formation, yes? Jeeez, that slots super easy into any old Skitarii or Cult Mechanicus list for some extra punch. More importantly it's a really easy way to stick in a Dominus into a Skitarii list or some cheap Skitarii and a second Dominus into an Admech list!
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew G Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:41 pm

i may actually want that skitarri box.. been wanting to collect for a while, just haven't the gumption to assemble or paint anything in months....
Matthew G
Matthew G
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  MickJag67 Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Does the Den have these starter boxes?

MickJag67
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:29 pm

yea, i got one there today.

i've been perusing Bolter & Chainsword's skitarii subforum, and one poster made a good idea for what to use the box set for. 

This costs 450pts on the nose, but you need to get your hands on 2 extra Arc Rifle bits, since you only get one per box of vanguard.
Anti-Air Dominus Maniple:  remember that these 3 units all get to pick a single target within 18" of the priest and become twin-linked against it.
Tech-Priest Dominus - give him the Eradication Ray to replace his Volkite Blaster (this gives him a 12" Str 8 AP 1 shot), and the Raiment of the Technomartyr relic.  this gives a 2+ armor save (already has that) as well as giving him and his attached unit Cognis Weapons; this means Snap Shots are on a 5+

10 Vanguard - give them 3 Arc Rifles (24" rapid-fire haywire guns, auto-glance on a 2-5, pen on 6s), and an Omnispex (-1 to target's cover saves, and jinks count as cover saves).  the squad leader gets the Omnicient Mask (his unit now auto-pass any pinning, fear, regroup, morale tests you cause to the unit)

Onager Dunecrawler - give this the Icarus Array (provides 8 different skyfire shots across 3 gun profiles)

and now you have a 450pt formation to slot into any imperial army for a good anti-air unit that's also Battle-Brothers with the rest of your army.  That's not half bad for dropping $100 at the den, eh?
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:08 pm

Damn, that Tau set!

Same deal, it works out to a $70.00 savings. Good thing I need both of those units in my list, guess I better pick one up!
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down