Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some paint scheme help.

2 posters

Go down

Need some paint scheme help. Empty Need some paint scheme help.

Post  Planes Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:53 pm

So far with my Necrons I've firmed up my colour scheme for my infantry pretty well. A silver base, copper zenith spray, black wash, bone on the armor plates, and orange for the energy. What I need to figure out is how to translate this over to the vehicles of my army in a cohesive manner. I've been farting around with this issue in my brain for a while now, but have met with very little success.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how I can tie this all together?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Need some paint scheme help. Empty Re: Need some paint scheme help.

Post  Deadlytoaster Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:44 pm

I think the bone might be a good color for the overall base on vehicles mostly again on the armored non exposed parts, working in the metallics on the details and underside and using orange again for anything energy related/as an additional contrast color. I dont really know color theory or anything like that and i am sure Mr. Pascal can give his two cents worth to come up with something stunning but that would be my try at it.

(the idea being kind of like how biel tan eldar are, the guardians primarily white with green helmets and the vehicles primarily green with white parts)
Deadlytoaster
Deadlytoaster
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:11 pm

I have to admit, I hadn't considered doing the bone as a base for the vehicles, with the metallics as an accent. I'll have to give that a shot on the ghost arc I'm repainting and see how it turns out. It would be an inversion on the infantry, but I think everything would still hold together that way.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:00 am

Well, good news and bad news.

The bad news is that Ghost Arcs are not fond of dis-assembly, especially when second hand, and break apart in all the wrong places.

The good news is that I will soon have some Necron themed Aegis Defense Line segments in the near future.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down