Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colour scheme

3 posters

Go down

Colour scheme Empty Colour scheme

Post  sewerstalker Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Hey,

I have never liked the Tyranid paint scheme's(e.x leviathin). I have wanted to use purple in the colours but I need a way to highlight them.(outercote is Liche purple)Any tips?
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Colour scheme Empty Re: Colour scheme

Post  ScottRadom Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:49 pm

I got a good tip once to highlight purple with some space wolf grey. It's an awesome highlight color for lots of stuff, and I do like it a lot with purple. Why not post a pic?
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:05 pm

ScottRadom wrote:I got a good tip once to highlight purple with some space wolf grey. It's an awesome highlight color for lots of stuff, and I do like it a lot with purple. Why not post a pic?
How do you highlight grey on purple
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:20 pm

Space wolves grey is very, very light. I'd mix it with the purple for a few layers then do a little in the extreme hotspots like the edges of some of the scales 'n stuff with stright space wolves grey. Works pretty well actually.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottRadom Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Are you just looking for a staright outta the bottle highlight color? If so, the den sells reaper master series paints, and they've got a lot of purples. I think their birghtest is Amethyst purple. I don't particularily like the paint, I find it chalky and it acts like =I=censor=I= when you thin it at all, but they've got some pretty interesting colors.

Failing that, the P3 paints (which I also don't like. Really waxy I find, and I also don't like the way they act when thinned) have some colors you could try. Trollblood highlight might work?

But I still reccomend trying to mix in the space wolves grey. It's a super awesome highlight color. I actually quite like it when mixed in with the foundation Orkhide Shade for painting Orc flesh too.

Also the GW site should have TONS of cool purple genestealers for inspiration now that Space Hulk is out. I'm sure they're is gonna be a zillion Space Hulk diorama's up on the site after they put their GDUK coverage up from this weekend.
ScottRadom
ScottRadom
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:27 am

ScottRadom wrote:Are you just looking for a staright outta the bottle highlight color? If so, the den sells reaper master series paints, and they've got a lot of purples. I think their birghtest is Amethyst purple. I don't particularily like the paint, I find it chalky and it acts like =I=censor=I= when you thin it at all, but they've got some pretty interesting colors.

Failing that, the P3 paints (which I also don't like. Really waxy I find, and I also don't like the way they act when thinned) have some colors you could try. Trollblood highlight might work?

But I still reccomend trying to mix in the space wolves grey. It's a super awesome highlight color. I actually quite like it when mixed in with the foundation Orkhide Shade for painting Orc flesh too.

Also the GW site should have TONS of cool purple genestealers for inspiration now that Space Hulk is out. I'm sure they're is gonna be a zillion Space Hulk diorama's up on the site after they put their GDUK coverage up from this weekend.
Tnaks a lot, ill will be sure to try that
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  master of the deathwing Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:05 pm

whats an outercote?
master of the deathwing
master of the deathwing
Crusader

Back to top Go down