Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot on the heels of the Wolves... Grey Knights?

+6
Paz
System Commander
Aegwymourn
Roland
Rhaevyn
Planes
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hot on the heels of the Wolves... Grey Knights? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hot on the heels of the Wolves... Grey Knights?

Post  Roland Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:51 pm

Psilencers had no use before other than vs Daemons.... no they are more of a variable threat.

Personally I like the new dex. Nothing new, because nothing was wrong with it as it. I never liked having Inq tacked on. I was never terribly fond of Draigowing either.

From doing a conversion from my 1750 list, points are similar, youll actually have a lot of room if you used Psy bolts.
(Old) New
Grand Master w/ Psycannon and Force Halbred- (225) 207
2x Strike Squad (2x Psycannon, 2 DH, 4 swords, 4 halberds, rhino) (295) 303
2x Termie Squads (Psycannon, DH, 2 sword, 2 halberds) (225) 199
2x Dreads (Twinlinked ACs all around) (135) 145
Stormraven (MM, LasC, Hurribolters) (255) no points for Hurricane bolters listed and nevedr mentioned, so 230

I'm at 1731 at the moment, but I'm sure one o' them relics will get swapped in on the GM.
That said the list is worse, no question. The dreads most likely to be replaced, by a dreadknight or two.
i want to get worked up over the halbreds, but Str6 (8 w/HH) is nothing to sneeze at.

I think a Grey wing is likely the better build, given the lowered point cost.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Hot on the heels of the Wolves... Grey Knights? - Page 2 Empty Re: Hot on the heels of the Wolves... Grey Knights?

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Well I'm peeved since my first build of Draigowing is basically unplayable since people disallow LoW as a general rule (which I agree with since I don't think they belong in 'regular' 40k).

I actually really enjoyed draigowing because it was a super niche list that you had to be very careful with your resources. At 1750 I only had 17 models. Losing one dude would drastically change the impact of the game. And to anyone who says they are broken can go away. Seriously in the era of Riptides and Eldar shooting, just go away. Never mind a single sternguard squad with melta in a pod ruins half that unit no problem.

Next up I'm miffed that we didn't get any new units. I'm not looking for anything super crazy but not a single new model. Really? Not even marine special/heavy weapon options? Blah. Especially since we have to make due with the Santic domain. Can you tell I'm not a fan.

Finally looking through things I'd have to invest a fair bit to bring a list up to snuff. I'd have to grab another dreadknight (since you'll always want to run two), probably a bunch more terminators to fill out the rest. I just don't see a list yet that I want to run.

Really it isn't then end of the world since I'll just piece out the couple of things that I don't want to keep. And I'll grab them the next time they get a codex or I figure out a list I like.

But at the moment I just feel blah about them.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Really feels like doing the Auto-enter relic buried in a termie squad with a pair of interceptors and a jump knight using that new FoC might be a start, but that only works if the FoC is allowed, for some events have their own FoC.

Also, Halberds are Str 5 (7 HH).

I'll grab the codex this weekend, but it's really miffing that they took so much away but didn't really give us much new.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Well, if you have to buy new models, theyve done their job no?Smile

I can understand what ya mean (about no new toys), I just dont feel as strongly about it. Besides my GK are almost all metal, so worst case I can throw at your new plastics:D

I'm turning a corner on LoW for several reasons.
1)Ghaz, Logan, and Draigo are in no way comparable to adding a Baneblade/Rev Titan/Tranny
2) the *REAL* issue with LoW is the Rev Titan and Tranny no? I say banhammer those and make em legal. the new D weapon rules make them much more playable.

The only things I want to add to my GK is a second Dreadknight. past that its more modeling than to play.

Tom: correct, but 5/7 is still pretty good.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:50 pm

I agree that for the most part people are going to end up accepting the "good" LoW and banning the obnoxious ones. The problem with that is some people feel discriminated against because GW did a poor job leveling out what a LoW should be (and the handful that don't get LoW, my poor Tau).
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:46 am

Perhaps its just a matter of setting a LoW points limit? whats a Tranny or Revanent worth? I hate to bring in % but maybe folks just adopt a "no more than 1/3 of your total points can be spent on Lords of war? that would allow the characters, but disallow the crazies.

Personally i'de love to see ghaz or draigo or logan accross the table from me. they are fluffy, worth a ton of points... and no more rediculous than an eternal chapter master on a bike. Logan is the only one i really care about, because hes mobile on that chariot. Draigo? hes got Gate. but hes still on foot. Ghaz? well then your playing orks, so meh Razz
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Spamus Eatus Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:40 am

The elegant solution here is instead of saying "NO LORDS OF WAR" say "NO SUPERHEAVIES OR GARGANTUANS" for your average game. Bam, problem solved.
Spamus Eatus
Spamus Eatus
Inquisitor Lord

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 am

Rev is 900
Tranny minimal ly equipped is 645.

If you use 33%, 2000 pt lists
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  MickJag67 Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Hey hey now go easy on the orks lol. I've had ghazzy with a retinue of nobz win me quite a few games i didn't deserve to win.

MickJag67
Sage

Back to top Go down

Post  ShadowDisco Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Why not got with low and only allow characters?
ShadowDisco
ShadowDisco
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Spamus Eatus wrote:The elegant solution here is instead of saying "NO LORDS OF WAR" say "NO SUPERHEAVIES OR GARGANTUANS" for your average game.  Bam, problem solved.

this could work.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:50 pm

had a look through whats leaked and i can honestly say i don't have any interest in the codex.

The idea of an elite strikeforce that Nul deploys and then alpha strikes with turn one deepstrikeing->move->shoots seems like it would be awesome, but theres like no good guns to do it with. Just seems like half an army. i suppose its made to be allied with assasins, and inquisition or guard, or other marines. or sumthin.

Librarian
1 unit terminators
1 unit paladins
2 MM dreadnoughts (deepstriking alpha strikes yo)
2 dreadknights. boom 1750.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:11 pm

The FOC doesn't grant Deep Strike, just the ability to roll for Deep Strike reserves on turn one. Your dreads don't get to alpha strike. Also, aren't GK dreadnoughts in the HS slot, competing with Dreadknights?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:45 pm

so fail, thanks for correcting meh. Smile
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2