Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament. 9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left**

+11
Aegwymourn
System Commander
da bear
Spamus Eatus
Paz
dusktiger
GingerBalls
superdeuxlol
Planes
Matthew G
Lore Weaver
15 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament.  9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left** - Page 4 Empty Re: April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament. 9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left**

Post  Planes Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Necron Camper wrote:Dan it I don't have another 50 points :/
If I have time I'll try to stop at the den

If you need some more points to massage in there, but don't manage to snag another model or two between now and then, I could lend you an Aegis Defence Line or a Vengeance Weapons Battery.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament.  9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left** - Page 4 Empty Re: April 12th "The Destroyers" Tournament. 9:30 AM -- Dragons Den -- *digital signup available* **6 Spots Left**

Post  Necron Camper Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:34 pm

Thanks Razz that sounds great Very Happy now I just have to finish painting my wraith as I'm all set Smile

Necron Camper
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Necron Camper Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:30 am

*and

Necron Camper
Mystic

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:36 am

Necron camper- you can edit your posts, just look for the edit button on your original post.
I'm gunna give you a heads up on this tourney: people are bringing crush lists.
If you are under points, and haven't played that many games, you are gunna have to be okay with getting tabled every game man. It's shitty, but this tournament especially is a cutthroat one. If losing badly is gunna ruin your experience for tournaments, I would seriously think about sitting this one out, and joining one that is a bit more balanced.
I've found one really bad experience early on in your gaming life can sour the game for you a bit, and 40k should be fun! A lot of the guys playing at this tourney are very experienced and this is a test for them on how redic they can go, which is a bad arena for newer players.
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:50 am

Yeah, for point of reference, this is what I'm currently looking at running for the event.  I know that we don't have to post lists early, but it's a good point of reference.

I wrote:Turtle Power!

Sources -- Codex: Necrons, Escalation, Stronghold Assault

HQ:
Necron Overlord, Semp Weave, Stromtek x2. 155 pts

Necron Overlord, Semp Weave, Stromtek x2. 155 pts

Troops:
Gauss Immortals x5, Night Scythe. 185 pts

Gauss Immortals x5, Night Scythe. 185 pts

Necron Warriors x10, Ghost Ark. 245 pts

Elites:
Triarch Stalker, TL Heavy Gauss Cannon. 165 pts

Lord of War:
Transcendent C'Tan, Seismic Shockwave, Cosmic Fire, Wave of Withering. 660 pts

Fortification:
Void Shield Generators, Additional Shielding x2. 100 pts

The bulk of the army is already pretty durable, being either AV 13 or T9, and that starts on the board being protected by three layers of regenerating AV 12. The T-Can then rushes your deployment and points one Hellstorm template at half your army, and another at your other half, and plausibly assaults the remainder (assuming I go second). In the event of an enemy superheavy, the Nightscythes are filled with anti-mech strike squads (Gauss + double haywire sticks) supported by the Triarch Stalker; and in the event that there isn't a superheavy, they're scoring squads that can be pooped out of a flier.

It's a low model count, sure, but it's a hard nut to crack in the first place, and it's goal is to more or less table you by turn 2.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  da bear Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Hey whats the lastest for handing in an army list, I know ive handed one in but im strongly thinking of taking something else
da bear
da bear
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:19 pm

*snerk*
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:01 pm

Is the Tranny slide gonna be a D profile still or the str 10 ap 1 , etc. kind?
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:06 pm

I assume it would get reduced the same as all other Str D. I'm opting for the stomp one, though.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:39 pm

I'm going to send everyone emails on the week of the 7th.

All SD is reduced as described in the first post.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Planes- trans ctan and void shield generators? jesus man... I assume the only gargantuan creature that can fit on that thing is a ctan right?
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:57 pm

I thought "bringing the cheese" was the goal here? The generator tosses out a 12" radius bubble, you could *probably* squeeze a squigoth inside of that. Imperial and Wraith Knights alike can fit in pretty easily.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:37 pm

I dont think the intention was to bring the cheese.. but to allow LoW, formations and a few other tentative objects.

I think people have escalated it into that on fear of the T'can alone, which i think is wrong. Unless maybe Im wrong? The goal should still be for people to enjoy themselves.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:42 pm

I missed this before.. but just saw it now.

Tom- Your goal is to table your opponent by turn 2.. come on man, thats horrible sportsmanship. Your goal should always be to have a fun, enjoyable game. I have to believe you didnt really mean that.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:44 pm

It's not really that scary guys, settle down!

Shoot blast at it and that shield drops like cheap date.

Edit: It's in the spirit of 'Ard Boyz.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Fair enough !
Ive been trying to work a list around an 888 point Angrath and.. its not easy.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:57 pm

System Commander wrote:Fair enough !
Ive been trying to work a list around an 888 point Angrath and.. its not easy.

If I can eek out a tie with a sub-par CSM Primary list ...

Imagine if I took a completely janky Eldar / Tau list!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:06 pm

There's still plenty of time to change things up, and were I to drop the shields and the T-Can, well, there's a lot that one can do with 760 points, and would make it so I wouldn't have to rush building/designing the VSG. I had honestly looked at the event from the point of view of Stress Test/Cheese Tasting.

Heck, I might switch gears entirely and go for a Belakor/Nova Prince mix backed by the Helcult. That's three sources, right?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:56 pm

I think your list is fine.. especially for this event.

I was really just railing on you a bit for the tabling your opponent by turn 2 objective. Thats a canadin thing, shake it off!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:59 pm

Im positive id still lose.. i just want to use the thing.

I think id have better luck keeping the vp low with angrath vs. a baneblade though with 8 wounds.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Well, the list is built to bunker turn one and explode turn 2, especially given the lack of restrictions as to where the Stomp blasts can go.

I'm starting to like the idea of 40 fearless cultists, though.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Isn't Angrath a super tubby death machine that flies? Given how much trouble my FMC's gave that C'Tan, I doubt a "good" FMC would have any issues with a C'Tan. Also, 8 wounds is super cool, because it's more than 6 and less than 9.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:19 pm

Ive made a list.. its small and horroble.. but fun!

Im just not sure if i can go yet.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:44 pm

System Commander wrote:I dont think the intention was to bring the cheese.. but to allow LoW, formations and a few other tentative objects.

I think people have [u]escalated[/u] it into that on fear of the T'can alone, which i think is wrong. Unless maybe Im wrong? The goal should still be for people to enjoy themselves.

I see what you did there......
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:43 pm

the whole solution to planes' list? an eldar Cobra II.  has this interesting gun called a Distortion Cannon; 48", Str D; AP 2; Ordnance 1, 10" Blast, Barrage, Destroyer, Primary Weapon, D-Cannon. 
primary weapons roll 2 D6's and pick the better result to penetrate armour.
D-Cannon; the weapon's shots bypass Power Fields and Void Shields.

and its just a 600pt super-heavy fast skimmer tank with 9 HPs, AV 12, with AV 11 on the rear.  and you can spend 10pts for a scatter laser to make the distortion cannon twin-linked.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next