Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space Marine Chapter Relics

4 posters

Go down

Space Marine Chapter Relics Empty Space Marine Chapter Relics

Post  judchic Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:10 pm

So reading it i don't know if you can give more than one relic per dude. wording says you may replace one weapon with one relic. under ranged and melee weapons it says you can swap your pistol and/or melee weapon giving you the option for 2.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Space Marine Chapter Relics Empty Re: Space Marine Chapter Relics

Post  dusktiger Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:37 pm

Only one of each chapter relic may be taken per army. A model can replace one weapon with one of the following.
Note 1: The Armour Indomitus does not replace one of the character's weapons. It also cannot be chosen by a character in Terminator Armour.
all characters with access to Chapter Relics have at least 2 weapons. Captains, Chapter Masters, Librarians, Chaplains, Masters of the Forge.  If you choose to take Indomitus Armour, then you can take 3 relics on a single character.  Otherwise, you can only take any 2 of either the Teeth of Terra, The Burning Blade, Primarch's Wrath, or The Shield Eternal.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:34 pm

go under space marines wargear list.
chapter relics: "A model may replace one weapon with one of the following." pg371
that's whats raising the flag for me.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:43 pm

So you replace one weapon. First time I'll pick that swanky bolt pistol to replace. Second time I'll pick that chainsword. If they had only wanted you to be able to carry a single relic it would read something like "a character may take a single relic from the following list replacing one of their weapons". To be fair I don't know if any of them are awesome enough to warrant the points for both except the Burning Blade + Shield Eternal. I am really starting to warm up to the "Teeth of Terra" though. Been thinking of some lists to use it in.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Reading both, I think its clear what the intent is. If they had intended one relic, period, it would read along the lines of
"...may exchange any weapon for one (and one only) relic."

I see where it could be taken ambiguously, but it if wasn't like that, it wouldnt be a GW book, would it?Smile
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:03 am

It just doesn't sound right. If you take 2 relics your now swapping 2 weapons but it uses the exact wording "you may exchange one weapon". Other situations would say "you can swap your bolt pistol and/or your ccw for the following".
This specifically says one weapon.
Plus doesn't it seem odd you can get 3 relics (shield, weapon and armor) on one character? That's more than any special character in the book.
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:27 am

dude, you're just getting hung up on the fact that cruddance phrased it differently than the usual copy and paste templates they use everywhere else because he wrote that section from scratch. you can take one per weapon available for replacement on the model you choose to put them on. which is 2. Indomitus doesnt replace a weapon, so it gets to be a 3rd option on a single character if you're fine with the extra 60pts.  though its only worth it on the libby since everyone else gets an Invul save to start but him.  but in that case i'd still take the Shield Eternal instead of his pistol since its cheaper and you're going to use your warp charges on shooting powers most of the time anyways.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:40 am

I felt it was pretty clear that you can swap both weapons and get the armor if you want.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down