Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunters of the Warp Circuit Challenge #1

+12
Lore Weaver
superdeuxlol
Darksfear
Aegwymourn
Spamus Eatus
Daemonkin
Dana
da bear
Roland
Paz
Planes
System Commander
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Hunters of the Warp Circuit Challenge #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Hunters of the Warp Circuit Challenge #1

Post  judchic Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:08 pm

So when does challenge 2 start?
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Hunters of the Warp Circuit Challenge #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Hunters of the Warp Circuit Challenge #1

Post  System Commander Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Ive been thinking about it and I think I am going to list the challenges in advance like Mike suggested. I still want to keep them four weeks but theres no reason to keep them secret.. I just have to figure them out Smile

So, the next one will be "whatever you want", after that will be a 3-5 counter challenge (Beau has a plan for them at the doubles tourney), then it will be a troops choice challenge, followed by a vehicle. Ill announce the other ones as we get closer or figure them out but you at least know the next four.

The next challenge will start after voting is done for the hq.. I had set it for 7 days.

Points for the whatev er you want challenge will be for painting and overall only this time. Conversiin will play into your overall voting, but no best conversion this time around simply because were able to start on partially completed minis this time.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Matt - Normally I wouldnt mind other ranges but since these are for 40k circuit challenge points, it would seem a bit odd. If you dont care about the circuit points and just want to participate... that's perfectly fine.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:56 pm

For the vehicle one, would Tyranid players simply be able to do a "transport monster" in place of a metal box? IE: Spore pod, Tervigon, Hyridian (s/p?), etc.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:07 am

Ryan Kreuger gave me a good idea.. when the competition is over Dana.. the two Lords should go head to head.. on the battlefield !

I dont think weve played for a couple years.. ! Weve been on the same team together a couple times.. but not against each other.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 am

System Commander wrote:Ryan Kreuger gave me a good idea.. when the competition is over Dana.. the two Lords should go head to head.. on the battlefield !
I would be down anytime you need your ego put into check!
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:06 pm

I think I am going to do some basic prep work for the next project. Just getting all the bits together and washed of releasing agent.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Sweet I'm now set for the next 5 challenges!!
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:49 pm

So, now that we know what the next few months challenges will be, who wants to plan out what they're doing? I have a few ideas already.

HQ: Daemon Prince
Wild Card: Super Stalker
Counters: Gothic Statues/Burrowing Stalker
Troops: Immortals, Warriors
Vehicle: Ghost Ark with rod Gauss

I think having a planning period will help everyone bring their A-Game, as there will be less "what am I going to do" and more "let's git 'r dun!".
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:09 pm

HQ: Librarius (failed)
Wild Card: Landspeeder Typhoons
Counters: fallen standard and Cypher
Troops: TBD.
Vehicles: Grey Knights Rhinos

Would meganobz, ravenwing bikes etc. Count for the troops?
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:12 pm

I don't see why not, if there are appropriate FoC swaps and like for them.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:21 pm

Oh yeah.. np
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:41 am

Does it have to be a non-assembled item?

my Storm Eagle is still bare resin without modification and i needs me some inspiration. i get a scowl every time the wife walks by it cuz she knows what it cost.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:49 am

I assembled most of my new Rhino this weekend, along with Aidan's Centurians.

Grav Cannons with Grav Amp's are kinda good... Even Missile Launchers would be good (the chest mounted ones) add in some S4 blast or S8 AP3 shooting to the existing sillyness of the Centurian...
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:24 am

Nope.. assembled/unassembled won't matter.

For the next ones listed for sure it won't matter if partially painted or assembled either, have constructed.. anything goes.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  judchic Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:11 pm

So for posting same place as before, new thread etc? I want to start painting again...
judchic
judchic
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Ya.. Ill move those to an archive when we start.. but were not ready quite yet.. the voting has to finish on this one.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:20 am

The first Hunters competition has officially ended. Congrats to Dana for his overall victory!

Everyone else who completed a fully painted mini will get your 5 bonus competition points. I'll send you a note Beau so we can update the tally.

The "Whatever the hell you want" competition begins.. now !

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:37 am

Points Tally

** all completed entries received 5 points base. The winners of the best painted, conversion, and overall are tallied below.

Dana (dana) - 5+5+5=15
Robyn (system commander) - 5+5=10
Tom (planes) - 5
Jesse (judchic) - 5
Adam (canadin) - 5
Ben (spamus eatus) - 5
Tom (aegwymourn) - 5
Tyson (darksfear) - 5

Are you compiling the poins Beau or do the rest of us have access to the spreadsheet? I just can't remember.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Updated, its in tournaments folder, circuit standings..
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dana Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Wasn't best over all worth 10 points?
Dana
Dana
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Your correct.. it sure was. My mistake.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:18 pm

I fix
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:55 pm

It would appear you left me GK character in the competition blogs section still Robyn Razz
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3