Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Brush Maintenance and Repair, once again

3 posters

Go down

Air Brush Maintenance and Repair, once again Empty Air Brush Maintenance and Repair, once again

Post  Planes Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Is there anyone around here that uses an air brush to any large extent? While I enjoy using my air brush, most of my learning with it has been through trial and error, along with what limited learning YouTube has provided me with. However, maintenance seems to be a subject matter that requires in-person tutelage, as about every other time I use the bloody thing something goes wrong with it. Most of the time I am able to eventually figure it out and fix it, but other things elude me.

I have two major issue right now. The first is with my suction fed air brush, there seems to be a clog or jam inside the L-Joint that is on the top of the glass bottle that connects it to the air brush, and I have no clue how to purge it and regain use of said connector.

The other issue is with my gravity fed air brush. Air flow has simply stopped coming through the brush in any meaningful way. I have gone through and cleaned all the nozzle bits thoroughly, but it's not the paint flow that seems to be the issue, but rather the air itself is not getting through. After this problem started up, I detatched it from the pump and noticed that a large amount of moisture was coming through the hose. This would imply to me that it was caused by excessive moisture built-up, but again I have no idea how to fix this.

And why the hell does these problems always happen when I try to use red?
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Air Brush Maintenance and Repair, once again Empty Re: Air Brush Maintenance and Repair, once again

Post  Aegwymourn Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Your gravity fed airbrush is an Iwata right Tom? If so I could swing by and check it out tomorrow after work. I have had to teach myself a little bit about keeping my airbrush clean.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Air Brush Maintenance and Repair, once again Empty Re: Air Brush Maintenance and Repair, once again

Post  Planes Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:33 pm

That could work.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:19 am

from my experience, this is what i would do based on what it sounds like the 2 problems are.

for your siphon feed model, take the lid's elbow joint and leave it to soak in a container of paint thinner solution to break up the old paint that's dried in the elbow and caused your clog.  might take a day or two depending what you plan to use as thinner.

the water issue in the lines sounds like your moisture trap isnt doing its job. i'm saying that assuming you've got one installed on your compressor and not running it bare without one.  this pic is of a higher quality brand compressor, Aztec, which runs for $250, so the moisture trap looks a little fancy on it; the trap is the silver bulb bit on the far right with the black knob:
Air Brush Maintenance and Repair, once again T350_6b6ca4ffd748e08e7bf48992525639fb  if you dont have one of these on your compressor, that would be the reason for your moisture issues.  or if you do have one, it might be nuggered and need to be replaced.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:41 am

Assuming it is a moisture issue, how does one fix it once it becomes an issue? I want to get my air brush working again.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:34 am

depending how badly its messed up your airbrush, just having a moisture trap on your tank should help the issue resolve itself, since itll prevent water in the lines and then the air can try to push the stuff out of your brush.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down