Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOON KKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!

+11
Gain
Planes
da bear
Spamus Eatus
Aegwymourn
Rhaevyn
System Commander
Lore Weaver
GingerBalls
superdeuxlol
Roland
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

TOON KKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TOON KKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!

Post  Guest Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:59 pm

As has been mentioned, the lists of super spam get redundant. You can run 6 Annihilation barges and table tons of armies, but if you hit a wall of AV 14, you're done for.

It was a big thing in the magic scene. People would come to events with ridiculous lists that stretched the meta and game rules pretty far. But in the end consistent decks come out on top most of the time.

If my opponent comes with 2 farseers, 4 jet bike units, and 6 Wraithknights (that is probably around 2000), I will still enjoy playing against them as long as he is a good sport about things. If he is impersonable, and no fun, then stuff will suck. If we can joke a bit and enjoy the game I will probably walk away without contempt.

I don't feel that people's lists bother me. Their demeanor has a much greater impact on whether or not I enjoy gaming. (As a note I am running 4 HQ, 1 Elite, 5 Troops, 3 fast, 2 heavy, just wanted more warbosses with S10 klaws, in part because of the chance of hitting too many Montrous Creatures lists)

Back to top Go down

TOON KKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: TOON KKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:54 pm

To be perfectly honest, all of the lists we've discussed have been ... not so good.

Dallas is just psyching you all out too, he's taking 360 Grots! "I'm deployed! Well, I guess the rounds over." *kidding*

==

The *only* double force org list that's remotely frightning is the 4-surfboard lord and 6 annihilation barges list. However, if you've got guns that out-range the barges, you can toast that list pretty easily. (oh hai Eldar Fire Prism)

==

Beau said it perfectly well. It's like a single 2,000 point army facing two 1000 point armies.

==

Also, not one single person has the models to make any of the lists we discussed, and I don't think they are planning on buying them, due to the rariety of the 2000+ point game.

==

Now, I did have a Bubbahotep, Trazyn, Nemesor, Obyron, Osteoperosis (time guy) list with no-scatter flayed one deep striking. It was dumb, but not unbeatable by any stretch. (All the guys join the big unit, Obyron DS's without scatter due to bloodswarm nano-scarabs. Big unit is scoring due to Trazyn.)

That unit, 3 annihilation barges, and 4 units of dudes on foot.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Also, Adam +1 for unintentional irony.

Dude, I like a challenge, but I can only stomach playing you once in a while due to your demeanor. On the plus side, you've been better lately.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:41 pm

A little off topic but I have no idea how I am supposed to sign up now that the preregistration is done. Do I just go down on Friday night and sign up?
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Tyson,
Just show up Sat at 9:30 with the $$$. Actually anyone I was covering will need to do the same, as the advance signup dropped the day I asked. (Dana and Dallas were it I think).

Right now I believe we are looking at 9 for the tourney (Mike B had to drop out). When we get the tables and terrain on friday, Nathan and I are gonna grab between 6-8 tables so we will have enough in any case.

Mark you hit on something. Maybe having the meta shot to hell and being able to blame a loss on missing that 7`` charge or your opponent making that Deny the Witch, etc. is making people take the games easier.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Is there an entry fee for getting into tooncon itself as well or is that covered by the tournament fee
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:12 pm

The $20 large mini game fee covers your entry for the day as well as the tourney.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Darksfear Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:14 pm

Alrighty then. Thanks and I'll see you on Saturday.
Darksfear
Darksfear
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:14 am

I find that at 2000 points, you don't really have enough points to really abuse the double force org unless your say, necrons with super good low point heavy choices.

for me, i was contemplating a csm list with lots of CSM and 3-4 cheap-0 chaos lords to hand out fearless. also double dragon and some guard allies to help me rule the skies.

like 2 drakes, vendetta, 4 sabre turrets. 4 units of 10-20 csm on foot lead by fearless chaos lords with fisty-claw?

as for chease lists... I assume that people just expect chease @ 2000 and so far i haven't come across much in FW that is that over the top. it looks worse on paper than it really is.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:17 am

So I am really excited by this tournament but is anyone else having trouble finalizing their list? I have about 4 lists ready and painted but cannot narrow down what exactly I am taking.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:22 am

Solve the problem the 40k way! Make a chart with all the lists you're looking at taking, roll dice!
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  superdeuxlol Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:24 am

And on a one I fail and take 120 naked boyz and tons of grots.
superdeuxlol
superdeuxlol
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:26 am

my lists usually get finalized by what is painted and what is not.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Paz Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Mass power lists of multiple of the same are boring, but it is all about the guy you are facing (again, ironically stated by adam :p).

I've taken on Gavin's double drake list, and on anyone else, I would probably be bored and irritated. But I would play him again in a heartbeat. Great sport, lots of fun, etc etc.
I just faced Tom's Tau the other day, with a bajillion markerlights, 2 riptides, 2 railtanks, a skyray, and a bunch of firewarriors. He totes annihilated me (though I almost won just from dumb luck and a great psychic scream insta-gib of a riptide), and it was sad, but I'd play Tom anytime, with any list, just because he's a great player, and lots of fun to roll dice against. Sure I was sad my wraithknight got off 1 shot and did diddly before getting annihilated, but if the other guy is a bro-heemian, then we have no problem.
If the other guy is building a power list just to win, to get prizes, then maybe he's playing for the wrong reason, or at least a reason I don't think fits with face-to-face tabletop (again, my opinion, doesn't mean I've dictated the terms of the game).
I wish I could come out to tooncon to play, but sadly prior gf commitments have got in the way.
Just remember, when playing 40k, rolling super win button lists can have the detriment of giving your opponent the impression you are a dick, whether its true or not. In tournaments, where you may play people who don't know you personally, you can develop a bad rep, from either your play style, or your list (you know who you are), which is sometimes deserved, but sometimes is inaccurate (what's in that truck, boys? why are you using 3 psychic shooting attacks? how did you get 3 tries on the same psychic power?).

40k is not DOTA or LOL or WOW, just keep it in mind that you are only playing the same small group of guys, and you really don't want to get ostracized (remember Tyson's buddies that dropped out of the scene a few years ago, such as the infamous "sanguinor rage quit" incident?) for appearing to be a dick. Unless you are a dick, then, by all means, continue!

I will stop by and say hi though! its a beau event, so I know you guys will have a blast!
Paz
Paz
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks Paz! I honestly thought that game was going to end up with a loss for me. I have had a really hard time lately with taking objectives. Every loss I had at Astro was due in some part because my army isn't very mobile. Except when Mike seized, that was BS Razz 

I think the future I am going to be giving either my Black Templars or Grey Knights a whirl. Should make for a completely different playing experience which should be fun.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:27 pm

i really want to see these templar, since no one else plays them and now they're on more level playing grounds with all the goodies vanilla has access to.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Well previously they were slightly different marines with some very nifty rules. As the editions trundled on they became less good at their calling card (close combat) and were just overcosted in general. While nice that they have finally gotten an update I am seriously disappointed with their Chapter Tactics. They have one of the worst, probably tied with Raven Guard.

I am trying to come up with some very themed BT lists right now to toy around with.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:42 pm

pfft. sieze. my alpha strike consisted of bouncing 30 wounds off your suits 2+/4++ Razz
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:50 pm

Scarabs, man! Scarabs are how you ice a Riptide! Twisted Evil 
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Lore Weaver wrote:Also, Adam +1 for unintentional irony.

Dude, I like a challenge, but I can only stomach playing you once in a while due to your demeanor.  On the plus side, you've been better lately.
geek  I R King of Powah Gaming king  Lists don't matter at all, jocolor  I mean, is this even that powerful? farao 

HQ
150 Warboss Zhadsnark 'Da Ripa'
140 Warboss: Warbike, Cybork, Bosspole, Power Klaw
115 Warboss: Mega-armor, Cybork, Bosspole
85 Big Mek: Kustom Force Field

Elites
75 5 Lootas: 1 Mek

Troops
130 3 Meganobz: Rokkit, Skorcha
40 Trukk: Reinforced Ram
90 3 Warbikers: Nob, Big Choppa
90 3 Warbikers: Nob, Big Choppa
225 18 'Ard Boyz: Rokkit, Nob, Power Klaw
235 30 Shoota Boyz: 3 Big Shootas, Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole

Fast Attack
120 Dakkajet: 3rd Supa Shoota
130 Dakkajet: 3rd Supa Shoota, Fighta Ace
45 Deffkopta: Rokkitz

Heavy Support
145 Battlewagon: 4 Big Shootas, Deff Rolla, red paint, grot riggers, boardin plank
185 Battlewagon: Supa-Kannon, 4 Big Shootas, Reinforced Ram

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:55 pm

lol that was fairly amazing. You missed with what 2-4 twin-linked lascannons and failed to wound with at least two throughout the game. The game ended up being fun, but that board was just blah.

You did get a leg up with plasma cannoning my Commander+fire warriors though. They were all bunched up on the starting line. "Ready! Set!" *Plasma Cannon to the face*
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Duck Adam! Whooosh! It went over your head Razz 
gluvzer
gluvzer
Lord of Titan/Hero of ToonCon/Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:07 pm

gluvzer wrote:Duck Adam!  Whooosh!  It went over your head Razz 
I can troll all day if I would like to =)

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Hey me too! But, that wasn't a troll... a comment for sure tho!
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  gluvzer Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:16 pm

Canadin, people found it funny that you commented on how a person acts has a direct impact on the fun you are having.  It is funny because, as you have been told, there are many people who don't like to play you because of the way you act and how it has a direct impact on the fun they are having.  Crystal Clear.
gluvzer
gluvzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum