Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Apocalypse

+3
Lore Weaver
Planes
System Commander
7 posters

Go down

Apocalypse Empty Apocalypse

Post  System Commander Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:09 pm

So, anyone get a peek through the new apocalypse book? I bought into it pretty heavy the first time it came out so I'm really a bit hesitant to go gung ho on it quite yet. Prinmarily because I had more time before to spend a full day playing one game..    

Anyone go looking for a scan yet? I'll have to check it out first before I decide if I spring the 90 for it..  I really want the Lord of Skulls though.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Apocalypse Empty Re: Apocalypse

Post  Planes Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:28 pm

From what little I've seen so far, the Lord of Skulls (big thing on the WD cover) rings in at 888 points and is classed as a Super-Heavy Walker, but has a special rule called Tracked Behemoth that lets it Ram and Tank Shock as a regular Super Heavy Vehicle at the cost of not being able to stomp.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:35 am

I don't think I'll be that interested in playing Apocalypse games.

If I'm going to sit down and play a 6 hour game, it should be Axis & Allies!

I might be convinced to play a fun game of it once a year or so though. Also... if someone wants to split a Tesseract Vault kit, I'd love the C'Tan from there. I'll be in for $50
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 am

I'm torn with Apoc. On the one hand, I love playing large pointed games. On the other, everything for it is bananas expensive. Also Tau do not have any actual tank super heavies. I like the look of their flying super heavies, but the "cheap" one is 150 pounds (~240 CAD). And for the price of the Manta I could do a whole extra army...
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:05 am

Doesn't the Tau Manta come with a whole extra army?

Forge World wrote:The kit includes two Devilfish, two Hammerheads, eight Battlesuits and six Gun Drones.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:50 am

Id love to see a list made from the contents of a manta.

The formations look decent. Given the chaos warband/great company/battle co setup, I'm thinking they are not going to allow chaos/imperial equiv crossover.

The key thing is fixing assets. That I haven't seen a thing.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Planes wrote:Doesn't the Tau Manta come with a whole extra army?

Forge World wrote:The kit includes two Devilfish, two Hammerheads, eight Battlesuits and six Gun Drones.

The problem with that is I wonder if they are like the fire warriors it comes with (just for the appearance of the manta). Also its all in one lump sum, and a rather large lump sum, which becomes harder to obfuscate from the wife.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:16 pm

I find the entire apcalypse release so annoying.

The first time it released it had fantastic deals for the battle formations... This time .. Nothing. In fact.. Theres some discrepanc ober th eldar bike kit.. Where you're actually paying a premium for your one click deal.

The only package that appears to be a deal is the giant battle packagr.. Where you get a bnch of.terrain and two battleboards for a couple grand.

I want a Lord of Skulls.. But.. $160 is bonko.

Bols had a funny article about gw models being the ferrari bramd of the miniatures world.

System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:46 am

Several rules up on BoLS.

Flank march now works the same, but for a single formation. Better, but a whole battle co showing up can still be a PITA.
Overall I like the rules, but I'm hating the sales pitch. If the book is laid out like the old one, $90 is at least $30 too much.

What gets me about the formation sales is they are there to increase sales.... So if it cost the same for me to buy it all now, or peicemeal over the year.... Just a bad idea. For formations like battle co, people are going to fill the gapsrather than one buys, but there is next to no incentive to buy stuff like the predator assassin squad. Even the big table. They tell you what is there, just break it down and spread out the purchase. Seems like a very low key release really.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  HiveMindRuik Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:51 am

Personally im just glad that apoc is extremely low on my buy list. I need to catch up on the codex releases (luckily im only missing 2) and as much as i would like to see it.....i just really hope they do the chaos legions in one book lol 60 a book when its just on one codex is/would be ridiculous to collect
HiveMindRuik
HiveMindRuik
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:25 am

The suits look like they have a bit of a squat to them, but otherwise seem enterly workable. I think, since the kit description lists the 8 Battle Suits and not all the Fire Warriors up top, that the suits should be functional. Also, I think that you could totally deploy a hover chair Ethereal. He must not touch the ground until the ground serves the Greater Good.

Apocalypse Manta17_by_planes-d6bnhod
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:31 am

I'm only really interested in stuff that can be deployed in normal 40k games.
Chances of me building and painting stuff I'm going to use once a year when i can find an entire day to devote to one game are about the same as winning the lotto.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Planes Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:59 am

It seems that Forge World gives us a bit of a peak into the new book, with listings of all of their models in the text and what page they're on.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Home/Apocalypse.html
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Aegwymourn Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:01 am

No Tau Manta or Tigershark Evil or Very Mad 

Anyone notice the Avatar has apoc rules? Wonder if it is just for the court or if it is an upgrade your avatar kind of deal.
Aegwymourn
Aegwymourn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down