Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APOCALYPSE Feb 6

5 posters

Go down

APOCALYPSE Feb 6 Empty APOCALYPSE Feb 6

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 pm

There was a large group interested in holding an apocalypse game, but the thread seems to have died/been delayed.

However, I am looking to have a nice big Apocalypse this weekend, as was planned earlier.

Invitations are opened to anyone who can field 2000 points of models (I don't want to go higher per person in order to keep the game reasonable)

So, who's in? I am looking for a total of 4-6 players

Back to top Go down

APOCALYPSE Feb 6 Empty Re: APOCALYPSE Feb 6

Post  sewerstalker Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 pm

what time would you planning on starting at?
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:38 pm

For a timetable,

store opens 10:30, Ill try to be there then to set up table.

Everyone arrive at around 11am, make last minute plans, choose apocalypse strategies, discuss tactics.

11am-12 noon, deployment and set up

12 noon, start the game.

We make every turn 30 mins, so every round is 1 hr, so we're done 5 rounds at 5pm

Then clean up and leave store before it closes at 6pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:59 am

I will likely swing by. I can bring more than 2k points, just in case turn-out is low.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:28 pm

well, Terran, me and you can form an Eldar Team,

Sewerstalker, are you good for Saturday afternoon? would you be playing Nids?

Back to top Go down

Post  sewerstalker Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:40 pm

Sorry, checked my schedule and I ha e a basketball game at 2.( thought it was earlyier).
sewerstalker
sewerstalker
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:55 pm

Yeah, Appologies for the lack of updates to the thread, but I have been on and off sick for the last half month now, which is the suck. =(

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:30 pm

Well, if attendance is a problem, than maybe we will have to push it to next week.

However, on a similar note, would there be anyone intrested in starting an apocalypse campaign? we could run it Thursdays, or Saturdays, maybe twice a month

Back to top Go down

Post  littlehurc Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:29 pm

I should be able to stop by, 2K points.....Hmmmm... well i can do that in 3 models, or I can actually bring an army.
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:03 pm

What would you have in mind for an apoc campaign?

I doubt I'll be able to make it for a game this weekend, but I'd be interested in hearing more of this campaign idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:36 am

If your expecting alot of people, limiting turns to half an hour will definitely put a crimp into things.

The first turn will probably go pretty fast.. its your 2nd and 3 rd turn that will take up the bulk of the time for entire game. If your expecting 10,000-16000 per side, those turn 2 and 3's will easily take an hour each.

I think as long as you try to start as quick as possible at 11 and make sure your end time is set at 4 30 or so.. that way the other can finish off their last turn if needed.

Im willing to bet though, that even with 5 hours of playing, you'll probably only be able to get up to turn 4 unless everyone is bring titans and superheavies, that helps spees things up alot.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:50 pm

For a campaign, I was thinking something like this,

We draw up a system map of a planet, broken up into territories. Every group that wants to join will have to be part of a faction (ex: Empire, Eldar, Chaos, Tyranids). Each faction will get a headquarters sector, and some land.

Every time two opposing factions decide to battle, they will choose a border territory. Each territory will have a terrain type (decided when we make the map) which will be reflected when we set up game terrain. Each type will grant bonuses points of troops.

Every province would grant a bonus to how many points a side can deploy. Provinces would be either like no-mans land (ex: forests swamps deserts) which provide points bonus to troops if owned; Cities/factory sectors (that would be run as a city-fight battle) that if taken would grant a larger bonus points; and home bases, that when fighing over would provide fortifications for the defender; and if taken would eliminate that bases team.

So, we could have games every few weeks, the point values of any games would be something like 4-10 thousand depending on how many players can attend. And then each faction would get a % bonus (like +5% per territory and +10% per city). Borderlands would be regular apocalypse 6 objective matches, whereas base and city matches would be fighting over one major objective (just past no-mans' land in teh defender's side). Whoever holds more points after 5 turns wins, secondary objectives can be kill points if a winner can't be decided.

If the attackers win, they take over the territory, if the defenders win, the attackers will lose points towards their future matches (5% for small battles, 10% for city fights) to represent them losing reserve troops and wittling down their resources.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, how does that sound? we only really need around 6-8 players to fill up a good map of factions, and would provide a more fluffy and competative feel to apocalypse, rather than just tossing down troops and trying to hypothesize a reason that your fighting each other.

Please post any thoughts you have on my idea; and I'll be at the den Saturday. I'll bring my Eldar.

Back to top Go down

Post  littlehurc Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:42 pm

over all that sounds fairly interesting to try out. I'll would like to give it a whirl.
littlehurc
littlehurc
Crusader

http://www.metaldesignz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Planetary empires has everything ready to go for a map campaign!
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Veyure Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 pm

Planetary empires come with everything you need for a map campiagn, but only basic rules for the execution. with a bit of imagination it is pretty easy to come up with some decent campaign rules.
Veyure
Veyure
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:40 pm

We did something like this a few years back. We made a map on the wall and had 5 teams of 2 playing on it. Each was allowed to pick a sector to start and then moved to a neighbouring one to claim it. When you claimed an occupied zone a battle would be played to determine who gets control. Just to make it fair each player was allowed to "report" 2 battles a week. For the most part games were 1000-2000pt but special markers and zones allowed app. and kill team missions (can include planet strike now), plus some allowed tactical advantages such as half price units or ammunition stores. This was before empires came out and I don't know what it involves now but I would be more than willing to help set a campaign if we want to try it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Terran Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:34 pm

well, I won't be able to swing by anymore. The parents decided to come into town, so I will be with them all day. Sorry if that cramps things.
Terran
Terran
Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

so, whoever can, meet up this Saturday, and we can set things up

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:14 am

hey cadian im the new guy in town im interested in an apoc game unfortunatly i cant make it on the 5-6 but if it gets pushed back to next week i can make it 2000 of guard easily let me know

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:04 am

hmm, on the basis of store hours and player availability, I think it might be better to run this on wednesdays and thursdays.

Since we dont see to have enough people for apoc today, Imma start a new thread for this thursday.

We will be able t hold it in the afternoon/ early evening, which would make it much easier to run.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down