Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Scythe & Vendetta Nerf

+5
superdeuxlol
dusktiger
Rhaevyn
Roland
Lore Weaver
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Potential Scythe & Vendetta Nerf - Page 2 Empty Re: Potential Scythe & Vendetta Nerf

Post  Rhaevyn Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:51 pm

has anyone seen this book yet? i cant even find cam pictures of anything but the cover yet in the usual places.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Potential Scythe & Vendetta Nerf - Page 2 Empty Re: Potential Scythe & Vendetta Nerf

Post  Roland Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:58 pm

There are some tidbits on B&C. A few tidbits about repricing of Talons and Valks/Vendettas. Nothing comprehensive.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:08 am

Apparantly the Ipad version of the space marine codex has been updated with a Storm Raven entry.

I dont see how they can legitimately try to sell this book. its virtually like Blizzard putting out a patch and telling you that you cant play wow at all anymore unless you cough up $33 for the bug fixes.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:41 am

storm talon in the digital dex.

Down to 110 points.

Skyhammer down 10.

Lascannons up 10.

Typhoon up 10.

Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:05 pm

pics.

No changes to anything important. looks like trend will be to make overpriced flyers cheaper, rather than increasing the cost of vendettas and night scythes.
"translated : buy some shit with wings bitches"

https://boards.4chan.org/tg/res/23276512

Potential Scythe & Vendetta Nerf - Page 2 Necron10
Potential Scythe & Vendetta Nerf - Page 2 Vendet10
Potential Scythe & Vendetta Nerf - Page 2 Storm_10
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 pm

Colossal fail.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 pm

so the necron flyers lost skyfire and deep strike, but no point changes.
vendetta now has grav chute insertion, no longer has skyfire.

so those 3, and the storm talon (never had skyfire) have to snap shot at flyers, flying MCs and skimmers.

....reading that definition of skyfire again, does that mean if your shooting at a skimmer, it has to always be a snap shot then unless you have skyfire? i havent used many skimmers since 6th started, and i havent faced anyone using them yet, so i didnt realise this is the case. since my ravenwing will have 3 speeders, it would be good to know if that's really correct.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Flyers automatically have skyfire.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:36 am

All flyers automatically get to choose whether they have skyfire or not at the start of the shooting phase.

Which means that they can either fire at flyers, or ground targets at full BS, but not both in the same turn. if they choose to have skyfire, they need to snapfire at ground targets. and vise versa.

The removal of skyfire and deepstrike are just cleanup from 5th edition. flyers couldn't deepstrike if you followed the rules strictly anyway. as they wouldn't have moved at least 18 inches during the movement phase and would promptly crash and burn upon arrival. I am slightly sad about vendettas losing scout. outflanking was still useful.

Skimmers are just ground vehicles with some advanced movement rules. they interact with Zooming Flyers in the same way as an infantryman.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  dusktiger Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 am

gotcha. wanted to make sure i had that all right before i go popping skimmers all over the board next game i play.

so looking at the link you posted, the wolves get a fighter ace table like everyone else. chart must be for IA units too then, and possibly a sign that they'll get a flyer later down the line, otherwise the D3 chart for them is moot.
dusktiger
dusktiger
Lord of Titan

http://dusktigers-den.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:49 am

dusktiger wrote:
so looking at the link you posted, the wolves get a fighter ace table like everyone else. chart must be for IA units too then, and possibly a sign that they'll get a flyer later down the line, otherwise the D3 chart for them is moot.

Its a formula now. just like every fantasy army gets its one big monstrous creature, every codex is going to get one large flyer model of some kind. i'm sure wolveses will be retconned to have some kind of large flyer. perhaps it will be a bionic dire-wolf with wings and a unicorn horn or something instead of a mechanical flyer. Smile

Potential Scythe & Vendetta Nerf - Page 2 This_is_Robot_Wolf_by_ticticai
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:10 am

Was reading on the Nerdfighter. Realized some stuff.

WD can automatically go to immob.

A second immob takes a second hull point.

So 2 WD or Immob hits nets 3 HP, good to take out anything but a StormEagle.

The issue is.... besides the LasC, which is gonna do that on 3+.... you can't pen AV12 (which all 3hp flyers are, with the exception of the DA stuff..)

Its like a big circle of stupid, they have this awesome rule, that will never EVER get used.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhaevyn Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am

Well. You can shoot that thing at ground vehicles as well. which offer a range of AV's and HP's to gauge efficacy against.

I do agree the nephs rules are less than stellar. i find it a little bit funny that all the "fighters" that they have put out are probably the worst at actual dog fighting.
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:13 am

The Nerdfighter is horrible vs flyers, esp heavy flyers (Vendettas, Drakes and the like).

Its an A-10. It eats up tanks for breakfast (BS5, nearly everything is twinlinked) and I can upgrade WD to Immob.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 pm

The Nerdfighter should be average against AV12 flyers and super effective vs AV10/11 flyers. There's not much out there with Skyfire and AP2 (or 1).

How many kicks at the can have you given it? I still think it's worth the points (well... it's "balanced"). I know that thing would give my Orks fits, generally. When we played, I think I hosed it with Lootas... (If it was AV12, it'd be amazing...)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:51 pm

5-6 games. I had trouble even making my points back.

The LasC IS great, but its a very spilt. Against Scythes amd the like (AV 11 or less, 2 HP) its fine. AV 12 it has the LasC, and the Blackswords hit on 3's, glance on 6's. 11%. Evade or a daemon save drops that to 7.4%. effectively, Nada.

The Las is 9.9% glance +19.8% pen. Barring explodes, (6.6% of the time), it cannot take down a AV12 flyer in a turn. The following turn my Nerd figher will either

A) eat 3 T/L LasC.
B) eat a T/L LasC and a MM
C) eat Vector strikes and a baleflamer

Case C is my best bet, vs the other 2 I will lose.

I'm debating using 2 and seeing if that helps. If they both pen I can take down a heavy flyer in a single turn.

Neph vs Drake is kinda a even fight, but they have trouble hurting each other enough.
Vendetta- well what does well vs a Vendetta?
Raven- He'll win, but he's also paying an extra 75-100 points.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2