Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optimizing IG Allies, Don't take a Vendetta | 3++

4 posters

Go down

Optimizing IG Allies, Don't take a Vendetta | 3++ Empty Optimizing IG Allies, Don't take a Vendetta | 3++

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:20 pm

http://www.3plusplus.net/2013/03/optimising-your-ig-allies-dont-take-a-v/#more-4327

Don't take a Vendetta, take two. Some quality math-hammer here. A squadron of 2 vendetta's destroy's a Heldrake 40% of the time. A Nightscythe 51% of the time.

I had to math it out myself, turns out it's right. This'd explain the Nephilim's lack of performance for Beau!
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Optimizing IG Allies, Don't take a Vendetta | 3++ Empty Re: Optimizing IG Allies, Don't take a Vendetta | 3++

Post  Rhaevyn Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:33 pm

i understand the premise. if all you were taking the detta for is anti-air.

the fact remains that regardless of how many vendettas you take, its probably the most efficient/mobile/versatile unit in the game and weather you take 1 or 9 its probably going to turn out good for you. lascannons can shoot at things other than helldrakes.

regardless of the chance for the vendetta to take out another av 12 flier..... its also a threatening Av 12 Flyer! which means that it probably flies onto the table. earns its points back.. and then sucks up a giant swath of agressive anti-aircraft fire in your opponents shooting phase. for a measely 130 points.

the entire article can be summed up as "dettas are gud, take moar"
Rhaevyn
Rhaevyn
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Optimizing IG Allies, Don't take a Vendetta | 3++ Empty Re: Optimizing IG Allies, Don't take a Vendetta | 3++

Post  Roland Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:10 pm

Yeah, I believe he mathhammered it wrong, but the basic pronciple is correct.

When you see how "bad" (relatively speaking) a Vendetta is against a Scythe, you realize how AWFUL something like a Neph or Storm dodo is going to be.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:52 pm

I just math-hammed out a Neph at 19% to hose a Scythe with just it's lascannon (didn't count the missiles...).

Thiessen's really pleased with his Devastator Squad with 2 lascannons and 2 flakk missile launchers :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dom.0 Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:08 pm

for a minnet i thought the artical was pure maddness then i saw the words "take two" at this ponit the author had the best idea in 40k ever.

also I think your better off with the 3 twinlinked las cans, because ive used the missals a few times and they work good on hord armies but when fighting chaos tau or eldar i find the las can works best

Last edited by Dom.0 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dom.0
Dom.0
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post  Roland Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:11 pm

The missiles are junk. Str 6 wont cut it, even vs a Dakkajet.

Compare a Neph to a Storm Raven (with HB and Las). Seriously.

A neph has 1 less AV, The same weaponry and costs 25 points less. The Raven, for those 25 points, gets +1AV, no meltas, 2 unit transport capaicty, and all missiles go up to Str 8.....

That, friends, is INSANE.
Roland
Roland
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down