Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

League Playoff List :-) 1775 *super tight*

+3
Timbo
miv305
Lore Weaver
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

League Playoff List :-) 1775 *super tight* - Page 2 Empty Re: League Playoff List :-) 1775 *super tight*

Post  Timbo Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:49 am

Do what while doing other stuff, nothing? Autocannon havocs are fine I guess, just not for anti-air. They suffer from being str 7 and AP > 2. They need torrent to grind down vehicles but will not be getting torrents of hits. Versus an AV12 flier I wouldn't even bother. They're still a good heavy support choice though.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

League Playoff List :-) 1775 *super tight* - Page 2 Empty Re: League Playoff List :-) 1775 *super tight*

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:59 am

He can vector strike one thing, then baleflamer something else. AV 12 fliers are the challenge though. Against AV11 or AV10 fliers, you're going to get results against them, likely suppressing them for a turn. Same with the Autocannon dudes. 8 S7 shots gets you 1-2 hits, each with a 1/3rd chance of a result. If dude goes for an evade save, he's only snap-firing in the next turn tool.

If someone played flying circus around here, there'd be some fun things to try against it. (I think IG do it best as the vendetta is clearly the best flyer in the game)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah, there's no doubt the Vendetta is horrifically undercosted. I'd put the Necron one next, with the Dakkajet third. The Voidraven, Heldrake and Nightscythe are all stupid in their own ways, but nowhere near the top three.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:48 pm

I *love* the dakkajet, but there's a big difference between S6 shooting and S7. I was looking at adding in some Ork allies to a Chaos list to beef up flier defense with a Dakkajet, but I don't think I can call a Waaagh to get the 18 shots. Kinda blunts the sexiness of the Dakkajet. AV10 makes the Dakkajet susceptible to Autocannons too. I think the Heldrake might be better than it looks on paper. It does things and doesn't die. I think 2 Heldrakes with Baleflamers make a great nucleus for a Chaos list.

Something like, 2 Helbrutes, Termies x 3 or 4 with Combi-melta, 2 Heldrakes, 2 Maulerfiends and a Forgefiend. Fill in with some scoring stuffs and you haz a list. I'll put it in a new thread maybe.

This Chaos banter is loosening up the tightness of the Necron list.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:11 pm

If you want an allied flier for flier defence, I know one that has AV12 and three twin-linked lascannons...
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2