Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base!

2 posters

Go down

Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base! Empty Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base!

Post  Planes Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Over the course of the past few days I have been busting my butt to churn out this metal box so I have something to hide my troops inside of/behind for the playoffs. Having finished it maybe an hour or so ago, I can finally post it up and start work on the two Deathmarks and a Cryptek (Greeeeeeeen-Stuuuuuuff) I need to finish off the list. Without further ado, the Ghost Ark!

Dramatic Lighting!

Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base! Ghost_1_by_planes-d535i6a

Dramatic Angel and Focus!

Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base! 100_0566_by_planes-d535iso

Thrusters!

Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base! 100_0569_by_planes-d535ixf

Sadly, the other shots didn't turn out all that well, and over all I feel that it will hold up better under in-person inspection anyway. I went for something resembling a more traditional Necron color pallet, while maintaining the red energy to help keep it tied in with the red of my army. I really like how the gloss red pops against the burnished and tarnished metal of the rest of the model.

Primed with P3 black, dry brushed with Leadbeltcher, and the edges on certain pieces of the model got a light frosting of Runefang Steel for some additional pop.

I can say now with some confidence that I will not be able to fit a second Ghost Ark into the foams of my current carry case.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base! Empty Re: Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base!

Post  Lore Weaver Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:18 pm

You're painting's really improving Tom, good work.
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base! Empty Re: Ghost Ark -- Not Glued to the Flier Base!

Post  Planes Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I don't think I am ever going to go with Army Painter spray again. After my recent building binge, I think I am going to stick with P3.
Planes
Planes
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down