Hunters of The Warp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-Assaulting Scarabs wreck a Deadnaught

3 posters

Go down

Multi-Assaulting Scarabs wreck a Deadnaught Empty Multi-Assaulting Scarabs wreck a Deadnaught

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:28 am

This came up in a game against "The Kid"

He had a Melta Dread right next to a unit of 10 tactical marines, so my 10 scarabs assaulted both "units".

I got 6 bases in with the Dread, 4 on the marines.

Dread went first, killed two bases (I took out two that were on marines). The marines did 7 wounds, I made 2 saves (took off one more base against the marines, and two wounds on another. Right now, I'm down by 11 wounds.

The six scarabs get their swanky 30 attacks. I get 21 hits, and entropic strike takes out the dreadnaught. (so... no combat result? that's the question :-) The remaining base, luckily, takes out a marine. I have to make 10 fearless armour saves. Even though I wrecked the Dread, I didn't think that would count towards combat resolution, as it got wrecked before I could glance or pen it.

Did I do this right? I think I did (besides, I wanted to give "The Kid" the benefit of the doubt).

"The Kid" went on to win the game :-)

(Scarabs are amazing, Landraider and Dreadnought dead and a tac squad tied up for the low low price of 150pts)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Multi-Assaulting Scarabs wreck a Deadnaught Empty Re: Multi-Assaulting Scarabs wreck a Deadnaught

Post  System Commander Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:05 pm

You almost got it right. I di believe from recall that each glancing or pen you get counts as a wound for combat resolution. If someone else can confirm that though. So you still would of lost, just not as bad.

However i dont know how ES works, so maybe u did do ut right.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Multi-Assaulting Scarabs wreck a Deadnaught Empty Re: Multi-Assaulting Scarabs wreck a Deadnaught

Post  Lore Weaver Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 pm

System Commander wrote:You almost got it right. I di believe from recall that each glancing or pen you get counts as a wound for combat resolution. If someone else can confirm that though. So you still would of lost, just not as bad.

However i dont know how ES works, so maybe u did do ut right.

I think I got it right :-) As the dreadnaught is wrecked by ES before I get a chance to pen or glance. :-)
Lore Weaver
Lore Weaver
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  System Commander Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Ahh, yep.. a good..rule but as you described.. a bit detrimental in a multi assault.
System Commander
System Commander
System Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Timbo Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Technically you are correct. The best kind of correct.
Timbo
Timbo
Lord of Titan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down